It's time to panic about Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ppl getting mad at PFF. Anyone except Bears fans can see Mitch couldn't hit water falling out of a canoe. Perfectly placed balls 1.4%. Wow.

I know the o-line hasn't been great. But if the line is a C- Mitch is an F+

They're actually being nice. I saw a ranking the other day that had Mitch as the 34th ranked QB.

I mean, for fucks sake, there's only 32 teams. This guy is clearly a backup QB.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Ppl getting mad at PFF. Anyone except Bears fans can see Mitch couldn't hit water falling out of a canoe. Perfectly placed balls 1.4%. Wow.

I know the o-line hasn't been great. But if the line is a C- Mitch is an F+

The o line hasn’t been great??? They’ve been fucking atrocious. The best o lineman is average at absolute best. They do nothing well. They do not impose on the opposition. They fucking suck. They are an absolute F.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The o line hasn’t been great??? They’ve been fucking atrocious. The best o lineman is average at absolute best. They do nothing well. They do not impose on the opposition. They fucking suck. They are an absolute F.

Mitch is a backup QB. A better o-line will not improve his accuracy. He'll just have a few more seconds to overthrow a receiver.

Southside

Liked Posts:
the whole thing is fuckin depressing

we'll see what happens this year. theres still a whole lotta football left.

but imo, trubs has to show something this year. not next year or in 3 years. pace needs to decide if they have to sound the alarm by the end of this year.

I agree 100%, it'

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Mitch is a backup QB. A better o-line will not improve his accuracy. He'll just have a few more seconds to overthrow a receiver.

Idk why you hold Mitch to some level that you hold no one else to. I agree Mitch has been awful. I’m not making excuses for him. I’m also not making excuses for the O Line. Thank god montgomery is good at making something out of nothing.

If you think the O L play has been decent then I don’t care about your assessment of anything else.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk why you hold Mitch to some level that you hold no one else to. I agree Mitch has been awful. I’m not making excuses for him. I’m also not making excuses for the O Line. Thank god montgomery is good at making something out of nothing.

If you think the O L play has been decent then I don’t care about your assessment of anything else.

Why would you care about my assessments? It's a fan board for crying out loud. Does anyone take it that serious?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys can turn a blind eye if you want, I'm not. Nor am I panicking yet either. The same idiots that want to ignore how shit the o-line has been are equally as quick to call this a must win game. Even though its anything but.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is the flavor of the month excuse for Mitch. The OL could dominate this weekend, he’ll play like shit and it’ll be the absence of Turbo. It’s always something for Bears QBs. Always.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reality is whoever wrote that article didn't check their own data. PFF has Bears graded 14th in pass blocking and 25th in run blocking so not sure where they came up with 8th overall. Seems to be someone didn't check the data properly.

The rankings were from an actual PFF article...

OL-RANK-1.png

PFF offensive line rankings

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone should probably tweet them a screenshot of their own pass/run blocking rankings and this slide with the comment "go home PFF, you're drunk"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The rankings were from an actual PFF article...

OL-RANK-1.png

PFF offensive line rankings

Yeah I know that is why I am saying whoever wrote that article didn't check their own rankings. The article makes no sense when you look at the actual grades of individual lineman and the line as a whole.

Bear's pass block grade is 67.9 which is 14th in the NFL. Their run block grade 50.9 which is 25th in the NFL. Their highest graded lineman is Whitehair at 66.6 (article is wrong to say it is Massie). Here are the OL grades.

Leno - 58.1
Daniels - 57.9
Whitehair - 66.6
Long - 39.3
Massie - 64

Long's grade is laughable. If you look at the Ravens who are 9th for example, their lineman grades are as follows

Brown - 65.1
Bozeman - 68.2
Skura - 68.7
Yanda - 81.5
Stanley - 78.3

As a whole, their pass blocking grade was 86.9 which is first and their run blocking grade is 70.4 which is 2nd. So I have no fucking clue how the author of the article determined Bears were 8th and Ravens 9th. It makes no sense when compared to their actual grades. So unless their have some hidden metrics, I think that article is wrong.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Someone should probably tweet them a screenshot of their own pass/run blocking rankings and this slide with the comment "go home PFF, you're drunk"
Yeah I know that is why I am saying whoever wrote that article didn't check their own rankings. The article makes no sense when you look at the actual grades of individual lineman and the line as a whole.

Bear's pass block grade is 67.9 which is 14th in the NFL. Their run block grade 50.9 which is 25th in the NFL. Their highest graded lineman is Whitehair at 66.6 (article is wrong to say it is Massie). Here are the OL grades.

Leno - 58.1
Daniels - 57.9
Whitehair - 66.6
Long - 39.3
Massie - 64

Long's grade is laughable. If you look at the Ravens who are 9th for example, their lineman grades are as follows

Brown - 65.1
Bozeman - 68.2
Skura - 68.7
Yanda - 81.5
Stanley - 78.3

As a whole, their pass blocking grade was 86.9 which is first and their run blocking grade is 70.4 which is 2nd. So I have no fucking clue how the author of the article determined Bears were 8th and Ravens 9th. It makes no sense when compared to their actual grades. So unless their have some hidden metrics, I think that article is wrong.

The more I read PFF the more im sure they just shit out some random number and don't even bother watching the games at this point.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
just 1.4 percent of his attempts have been "perfectly" placed, according to PFF's QB charting data — only Jets third-stringer Luke Falk has a worse rate

he ranks 35th in the percentage of passes that were put in the "perfect" spot, at only 2.1 percent — only Luke Falk (0 percent) and Eli Manning (1.4) are worse off in the latter regard

I guess I was wrong, Trubisky isn't the worst passer in the NFL, Luke Falk is.

In other news, this ...

So far this year, the Bears' starter has a big-time percentage of just 2.9 percent, 23rd among the league's QBs. For reference, Deshaun Watson ranks first with a mark of 10.8

isn't surprising at all.

I wonder if @Britbuffguy has figured out why Watson isn't considered a dud yet.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky stats this year by game, First column is game one, second is game two and third is game three

Completion percentage

57% ---59%---80%

AY/A

4.07---4.44---7.94

Rating

62.1---70---116.5

Opponents' record by game.

3-1----0-3----0-3

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Opponents' record by game.

3-1----0-3----0-3

I don't think you know what that actually means. Because by game means

0-0----0-1----0-2

Or in other words what their record was going into the game...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
just 1.4 percent of his attempts have been "perfectly" placed, according to PFF's QB charting data — only Jets third-stringer Luke Falk has a worse rate

he ranks 35th in the percentage of passes that were put in the "perfect" spot, at only 2.1 percent — only Luke Falk (0 percent) and Eli Manning (1.4) are worse off in the latter regard

I guess I was wrong, Trubisky isn't the worst passer in the NFL, Luke Falk is.

In other news, this ...

So far this year, the Bears' starter has a big-time percentage of just 2.9 percent, 23rd among the league's QBs. For reference, Deshaun Watson ranks first with a mark of 10.8

isn't surprising at all.

I wonder if @Britbuffguy has figured out why Watson isn't considered a dud yet.
How good do you think Mitch was last season? Like where do you think he ranked?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think you know what that actually means. Because by game means

0-0----0-1----0-2

Or in other words what their record was going into the game...

These are the records of the teams the Bears have played. He was shit against a decent team and a below average team, and better against an awful team. A good performance against a decent Vikings team would help bend the arrow up.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How good do you think Mitch was last season? Like where do you think he ranked?

He was mediocre last year. He generally ranges from looking like one of the worst QBs in the league to looking decent against bad teams. Overall he's below average. You know it and I know it.

You were admitting it yourself last week, though you seem to be back to caping for him after a better outing on Monday against one of the worst defenses in football.