J.T. O'Sullivan Final QB Draft Ranking

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't understand Trask getting left out of the top QB discussions when he was one of the most accurate and most productive passers in college football.

He had a horrible bowl game with most of his top targets out. Fields had a horrible bowl game as well.

Must be lack of athleticism and lack of elite arm strength. Every single guy in this draft had a few questionable throws. Maybe they are thinking everything has to go right for him to be an NFL starter.

2021 Stats:
Trask: 4283 yards, 68.9 comp %, 43 TDs, 8 Ints.
In my opinion Trask is fools gold at the pro level. Trask's 2020 college season was outstanding but the system he plays in has never translated into a pro system. In the SEC the offensive players around him were probably second only to Bama's. His arm though accurate is is just average to below average for the pros. He is a true pocket passer who lacks the ability to move, in a league that is transforming from the pocket passer to more mobile QB's. In the NFL pocket passers are becoming like fullbacks.......a thing of the past.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious Q:

Is there a site somewhere that tracks media blowhards' predictions vs. actual outcomes? Drafts are such a major thing every year, but there seems to be zero follow up on all the speculation everybody weighs so heavily. Don't these talking heads have a W/L record of sorts out there somewhere!?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Serious Q:

Is there a site somewhere that tracks media blowhards' predictions vs. actual outcomes?
Drafts are such a major thing every year, but there seems to be zero follow up on all the speculation everybody weighs so heavily. Don't these talking heads have a W/L record of sorts out there somewhere!?

Well, Chris Simms has nailed Mahomes, Jackson, Hebert and Allen lately.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks zach could be better than everyone in this class, lawrence included.

Would have loved to have him. Ohh well.
LOL, Lots of folks feel that way.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Chris Simms has nailed Mahomes, Jackson, Hebert and Allen lately.

Looks familiar. Just so everyone knows about that Chris Sim narrative, while Mahomes 'excited him' the most, his mock based on his own rankings ( I've put a lot of time and work into the evaluation of these draft prospects, and I'm basing my mock on my own evaluations. ) had Trubsiky going 1st in a Browns trade up to #5, Mahomes at 10 and Watson at 31. Same as I expected though Watson is a little lower than I thought. I even thought we might take Hooker as he did. Would also have been a fail, LOL.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t blame anyone for where they rank Lance, who the F knows with a guy from Division 2 that played 20 games.

To me he looks like Josh Allen.

Mond over Fields is a bit much.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Agree with this ranking. I also think Jones will eventually be the golden child from this draft but there's no way you can take him at #1.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's 2 people now that I've seen who are high on Kellen Mond. Interesting

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't see why this is absurd at all. Things ALWAYS turn out differently than what the usual draftniks say they should be. Remember when Trubisky was pretty much the consensus best QB prospect available in 2017? Remember when some people thought Rosen was better than Allen? The list goes on and on. One of the day 2-3 QBs will be better than one or two of the day 1 QBs, it's just a matter of who.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't see why this is absurd at all. Things ALWAYS turn out differently than what the usual draftniks say they should be. Remember when Trubisky was pretty much the consensus best QB prospect available in 2017? Remember when some people thought Rosen was better than Allen? The list goes on and on. One of the day 2-3 QBs will be better than one or two of the day 1 QBs, it's just a matter of who.
* whomst

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't understand Trask getting left out of the top QB discussions when he was one of the most accurate and most productive passers in college football.

He had a horrible bowl game with most of his top targets out. Fields had a horrible bowl game as well.

Must be lack of athleticism and lack of elite arm strength. Every single guy in this draft had a few questionable throws. Maybe they are thinking everything has to go right for him to be an NFL starter.

2021 Stats:
Trask: 4283 yards, 68.9 comp %, 43 TDs, 8 Ints.
Wat? Fields had a historical bowl game. Trask has cinder blocks for feet. It's not that he's slow. You can get away with being slow at the position in the NFL. What you can't get away with is having slow footwork in the pocket.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That's 2 people now that I've seen who are high on Kellen Mond. Interesting

I listen to a ton of NFL Network radio. You get to hear the opinions of a lot of guys that worked in personnel jobs at various franchises and have good contacts. I believe Mond is more highly regarded by NFL people than draftniks.

It reminds me of Dak’s situation. Lots of experience at a big program, an upward performance trajectory, good leadership qualities but still an overall lack of enthusiasm from the media draft evaluators...

I think the DUI right before the draft moved Dak to the 4th round.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Wat? Fields had a historical bowl game. Trask has cinder blocks for feet. It's not that he's slow. You can get away with being slow at the position in the NFL. What you can't get away with is having slow footwork in the pocket.

Agree, Fields had an absolutely fantastic showing head to head with Lawrence. He looked like the superior player that day. I also believe that kill shot to the ribs he took against Clemson had a lot to do with his performance in the National Championship Game.