Jahns notebook: Bears can’t wait to see Montgomery in camp, Trubisky ‘more than fine’ against Pagano’s defense

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
CRM...care to make a wager that Mitch ends 2019 with better stats than Watson?

Can go "per game" average if either gets injured & misses time. Yards, # of TDs, # INTs, TD/INT ratio, offensive scoring, and QBR. Pick any or all of these measures.

Name your terms.
@CRM 114

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Brett is basically saying what everybody here already knows. He’s made some great plays and some what the fuck were you thinking kind of plays. Got plenty of room for improvement which most people think will come but you also have to hope the bad plays stay in the past.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
On a bigger and more important note does anybody know if the Kolloman curse takes affect in the offseason

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Brett is basically saying what everybody here already knows. He’s made some great plays and some what the fuck were you thinking kind of plays. Got plenty of room for improvement which most people think will come but you also have to hope the bad plays stay in the past.

I don't think most people know this. I think a majority of the media outlets and PFF think he is a running QB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look man. Nagy isn't exactly holding Mitch's hand out there. People don't realize just how complicated Nagy's offense is. And its only going to become more complex as they keep adding.

D-ARbLNU4AAIj70.jpg:large

That isn't a typo. The Chicago Bears in the LAST TWO SEASONS combined have used 32 unique personnel groupings...and you can be sure as shit that John Fox's offense didn't contribute much to that number. Mitch is only going to get better with time in this offense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Look man. Nagy isn't exactly holding Mitch's hand out there. People don't realize just how complicated Nagy's offense is. And its only going to become more complex as they keep adding.

That isn't a typo. The Chicago Bears in the LAST TWO SEASONS combined have used 32 unique personnel groupings...and you can be sure as shit that John Fox's offense didn't contribute much to that number. Mitch is only going to get better with time in this offense.
I’m going to take a wild guess here and say the vast majority of “unique personnel groupings” did not come from the Bowell Loggains and John Fox offense. So really the Bears probably ran more “unique personnel groupings” in one season than 90% - 95% of the NFL with a QB in his first season of the offense. That’s a ton to ask from the QB.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. I give the kid a ton of credit for putting the onus on himself to become the leader of the team and to learn as much as Nagy was throwing at him as he could.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Exactly. I give the kid a ton of credit for putting the onus on himself to become the leader of the team and to learn as much as Nagy was throwing at him as he could.
That’s huge for the offense as a whole too. The fact that Nagy could run that many formations in one season gives him an opportunity to evaluate what the offense can and can’t do on a much larger scale. It makes “fine tuning” the offense easier when you have a better idea of what can be executed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if you take out the unique personnel groupings that Nagy used on his gadget plays, that is still a fucking ton of groupings. Imagine being a part of a first year offense asked to remember that much shit...its hard on everyone having to remember all of that. FWIW they had 19 false starts despite using that many groupings. That put them a tick above the NFL average. Pretty amazing it wasn't more considering.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure that is actually true. The one thing Loggains did do was switch up personnel groupings as he has a few trick plays to the point Fox was not pleased.

The Philly special for example was actually run by Loggains in the regular season before Philly used it in the Super Bowl.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I don't have the number for strictly 2018.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah not sure you are wrong, I am just saying Loggains did do a few unique things. It was one of his only redeeming qualities as he would pull something out of his hat from time to time. Also tried a lot of different players because WR in particular sucked so that would lead to more groupings as well.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nagy is doing something really cool that speaks to both his offensive mind and ability to innovate:

He's installed/installing an incredibly complicated offense while also putting his young quarterback in the best position to succeed. This is the opposite of dumbing down an offense for a young quarterback and hoping to catch defenses off-guard before they can digest much tape.

No small task. This team's only getting better over the next couple of years.

This is a really fun time to be a Bears fan. Let's enjoy the hell out of it---We've earned it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Bears' entire receiving corps changed from 2017-2018 with the exception of their #6 Bellamy. How could they possibly NOT have the most unique personnel groupings? They essentially had the personnel of two teams.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Noted. Trubisky looks more than fine.

Is "fine" between "average" and "good but not great"?
But what was his passer rating durin the mini camp and ota’s?
That where you separate the good from the deshaun Watson’s of the world.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So if the

Watson isn’t elite you boob
BLASPHEMER.....have you not gandered at his passer rating? Feeble minion

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Name me 1 quarterback , not named deshaun”hof” watson, that doesn’t have a “what the fuck you doing” throw every game.