Jalen Hurts has wheels!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If a student has trouble with ...say...reading and writing in H.S., right? Hows the student gonna get better and be able to write papers in college?

If a Qb is a pick thrower in college and or throws more picks than Tds or close to it, whats makes you think they'll improve drastically in the pros? Or to paraphrase your words have 'good processing at the NFL level.'
You are the one who needs helps with the reading. I have written the same thing 2 times and you continue to misread it.

I stand by my lots of picks means bad news assessment for all Qb's on any level. You brought up Love #'s right? and what did I say???? Please Tell me. I gave my assessment on the other 2 Qb's and encouraged to verify.

Oh, u said "He'll be drafted right around where I said he'd be drafted weeks ago, because of the reasons I listed. You don't like that." But ....Why should I care where you say he'll be drafted. Or maybe I got u confused with another poster.

For the 3rd time, read what I wrote again about players who throw picks in college.

I don't really care if you care or not. You do seem to not like that I don't think his college numbers will make him a good NFL player.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jackson is Mike Vick level ability, Hurts is Tyrod Taylor level - who did develop into a serviceable player.

What? They tried to replace Taylor with Nate Pickthrower-man..... I mean Peterman. The guy threw like 4-5 ints. in one qrt. and the Bills ended up going back to Taylor. IDK....what Taylor has to do with Hurts, though??? Or why you choose Taylor from
other Qb's

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What? They tried to replace Taylor with Nate Pickthrower-man..... I mean Peterman. The guy threw like 4-5 ints. in one qrt. and the Bills ended up going back to Taylor. IDK....what Taylor has to do with Hurts, though??? Or why you choose Taylor from
other Qb's

Yes, they were wrong to replace him with Peterman. Did I write something to indicate I thought otherwise? I said Taylor developed into a serviceable player.

Taylor and Hurts are both 6'1 (shorter than average) and around 220-225 at the combine. Both ran in the 4.5s. Both more run first QBs in college with similar questions about pocket ability. Why wouldn't I compare them?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You are the one who needs helps with the reading. I have written the same thing 2 times and you continue to misread it.

For the 3rd time, read what I wrote again about players who throw picks in college.

I don't really care if you care or not. You do seem to not like that I don't think his college numbers will make him a good NFL player.

I know what u said....

"I agree that lots of picks can indicate an inability to process or see. What I'm saying, again, is not that; it's that I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level. "

I mean what u said above is a contradiction. If one can't process in college, how ya gonna do in the pros? We disagree on
" I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level."

Funny how u tossed out Love's high int. total vs Tds, thinking I was gonna be inconsistent in my "high ints. bad processing"
assessment.
------------------------------------------------------

Based on all this talk about as u say....." I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level"...........I went and looked up the college Qb all-time INT. throwers from roughly 1958 to present.

I found that only Dan Marino ( 69 college ints.), Drew Brees, Dan Fouts and Jim Plunkett had a really good PRO careers. The rest had very mediocre to avg. at best pro careers. Timmy Chang had the highest ints. at 80. ? I liked Chang.

I'm still working on lowest career college int's and NFL career. I already know the answer.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I know what u said....

I mean what u said above is a contradiction. If one can't process in college, how ya gonna do in the pros? We disagree on
" I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level."

Funny how u tossed out Love's high int. total vs Tds, thinking I was gonna be inconsistent in my "high ints. bad processing"
assessment.
------------------------------------------------------

Based on all this talk about as u say....." I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level"...........I went and looked up the college Qb all-time INT. throwers from roughly 1958 to present.

I found that only Dan Marino ( 69 college ints.), Drew Brees, Dan Fouts and Jim Plunkett had a really good PRO careers. The rest had very mediocre to avg. at best pro careers. Timmy Chang had the highest ints. at 80. ? I liked Chang.

I'm still working on lowest career college int's and NFL career. I already know the answer.

There is no contradiction, you just can't read what I wrote correctly. Try again, maybe this time you will get it. Here's a hint: I didn't say that QBs with lots of INTs in college have a good chance to be good pros. I can't believe I'm wasting my time telling you this for like the fourth time today.

You are inconsistent in your argument about high INTs. You changed it right in the middle of the discussion from high INT to TD: INT ratio. Also, as I already mentioned, a 3:1 TD:INT ratio in college isn't that great.

To that study the right way and to actual begin demonstrating that I was wrong, you'd have to compile a different list: the college QBs that didn't throw for a lot of INTs but didn't have success in the pros. Again, please read what I wrote with a more careful eye.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What? They tried to replace Taylor with Nate Pickthrowerman..... I mean Peterman. The guy threw like 4-5 ints. in one qrt. and the Bills ended up going back to Taylor. IDK....what Taylor has to do with Hurts, though??? Or why you choose Taylor from
other Qb's

Yes, they were wrong to replace him with Peterman. Did I write something to indicate I thought otherwise? I said Taylor developed into a serviceable player.

Taylor and Hurts are both 6'1 (shorter than average) and around 220-225 at the combine. Both ran in the 4.5s. Both more run first QBs in college with similar questions about pocket ability. Why wouldn't I compare them?

Hurts is listed at 6'2". And has played a lot from under center. He did have a decent amount of rushing. LOL....what else could
he do since those wr's weren't always as " wide open" as u say. "Run first".....IDK, I think pass first, make something happen, if no ones open type of Qb.

I gonna look into Taylor a little more. He ran less than Hurts in college. At the pro level, he was viewed as being safe with the ball....never a "turnover-type Qb".

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hurts is listed at 6'2". And has played a lot from under center. He did have a decent amount of rushing. LOL....what else could
he do since those wr's weren't always as " wide open" as u say. "Run first".....IDK, I think pass first, make something happen, if no ones open type of Qb.

I gonna look into Taylor a little more. He ran less than Hurts in college. At the pro level, he was viewed as being safe with the ball....never a "turnover-type Qb".

He was just measured at the combine. 6'1, hence why I said at the combine.

I f you don't think Hurts was a running QB I can't help you. You can read his scouting from any analyst or just watch him. Tuck and run by the second read most every time.

At the pro level pretty much no QB can really be run first. Maybe Jackson for a year or two. But Taylor ran a lot more than average and wasn't great as a passer.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There is no contradiction, you just can't read what I wrote correctly. Try again, maybe this time you will get it. Here's a hint: I didn't say that QBs with lots of INTs in college have a good chance to be good pros. I can't believe I'm wasting my time telling you this for like the fourth time today.

You are inconsistent in your argument about high INTs. You changed it right in the middle of the discussion from high INT to TD: INT ratio. Also, as I already mentioned, a 3:1 TD:INT ratio in college isn't that great.

To that study the right way and to actual begin demonstrating that I was wrong, you'd have to compile a different list: the college QBs that didn't throw for a lot of INTs but didn't have success in the pros. Again, please read what I wrote with a more careful eye.
.....and I said I was working on it.

Remember you tried to be slick and throw Love and the other 2 at me as 'high int. levels.' And u avoided it when I stayed true. Had I said 'so what 17ints. is no big deal'......u were primed to talk inconsistent.
As for the Td vs. ints. I just went into more explanation of my Qb evaluation process.....there was no change of discussion.
On thus forum, I've always used Td vs. ints. as a indicator of whether a Qb can process and read D.

===============

Sigh......I feel...... All evening you've been doing whats called "moving the goalposts". I quoted what u said several times.

" I agree that lots of picks can indicate an inability to process or see."
-dennehy

I AGREED. And extrapolated on it.

Next it's..........
"What I'm saying, again, is not that; o_O it's that I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level. "
-dennehy

Then u say......
" it's that I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level. "
-dennehy

So I'm saying I DISAGREE.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He was just measured at the combine. 6'1, hence why I said at the combine.

I f you don't think Hurts was a running QB I can't help you. You can read his scouting from any analyst or just watch him. Tuck and run by the second read most every time.

At the pro level pretty much no QB can really be run first. Maybe Jackson for a year or two. But Taylor ran a lot more than average and wasn't great as a passer.
I don't hang my hat on what "analysts" say. I seen them be wrong many times.
I'm afraid to ask.....how do u personally define a "great college or pro passer"?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
.....and I said I was working on it.

Remember you tried to be slick and throw Love and the other 2 at me as 'high int. levels.' And u avoided it when I stayed true. Had I said 'so what 17ints. is no big deal'......u were primed to talk inconsistent.
As for the Td vs. ints. I just went into more explanation of my Qb evaluation process.....there was no change of discussion.
On thus forum, I've always used Td vs. ints. as a indicator of whether a Qb can process and read D.

===============

Sigh......I feel...... All evening you've been doing whats called "moving the goalposts". I quoted what u said several times.

" I agree that lots of picks can indicate an inability to process or see."
-dennehy

I AGREED. And extrapolated on it.

Next it's..........
"What I'm saying, again, is not that; it's that I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level. "
-dennehy

Then u say......
" it's that I don't think low INTs at the college level is an indicator of good processing at the NFL level. "
-dennehy

So I'm saying I DISAGREE.

No moving goalposts, again, for now the fifth time, you are reading something I did not write. Your extrapolation was wrong. The end. I think there are lots of QBs who had low INTs and very high TD:INT ratios in college who were not good pro QBs. Hopefully that makes sense. Maybe you misinterpret when I wrote "what I'm saying, again is not that." It's not that I don't believe the first part, that should be clear, you know, by reading the first part.

You disagree, fine, but there are hundreds of QBs who had low INTs in college and great TD: INT ratios in college who were not good pros.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't hang my hat on what "analysts" say. I seen them be wrong many times.
I'm afraid to ask.....how do u personally define a "great college or pro passer"?

I feel like I've spent a dozen posts telling you that I don't think there is a strong correlation between great in college and great in the pros, that someone like Hurts did have a statistically great year in 2019 but there's a very low chance he will be great in the pros.

When I talk about college players in this context, I talk about them as prospects, which means the attributes that I see in their game that I think will make them good players, or not, in the pros.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No moving goalposts, again, for now the fifth time, you are reading something I did not write. Your extrapolation was wrong. The end. I think there are lots of QBs who had low INTs and very high TD:INT ratios in college who were not good pro QBs. Hopefully that makes sense. Maybe you misinterpret when I wrote "what I'm saying, again is not that." It's not that I don't believe the first part, that should be clear, you know, by reading the first part.

You disagree, fine, but there are hundreds of QBs who had low INTs in college and great TD: INT ratios in college who were not good pros.

Earlier I said high ints. to low Tds is problematic. It's common sense. Ok?
My postulation is if a Qb is having trouble with ints. in college, hows it gonna significantly change in the pros? AND NOT be a possible indicator for a lack of success at next level.

Show me some college Qb's with low ints. that didn't have respectable to good pro careers ( I showed 4 Qb's that panned out with high ints.) Show Concrete evidence where low college ints. mean little in the pros

Well I've already shown the higher the int. total the less likely a Qb will have a good career. But u apparently don't think it matters. ok.

I feel like I've spent a dozen posts telling you that I don't think there is a strong correlation between great in college and great in the pros, that someone like Hurts did have a statistically great year in 2019 but there's a very low chance he will be great in the pros.

When I talk about college players in this context, I talk about them as prospects, which means the attributes that I see in their game that I think will make them good players, or not, in the pros.

"....be great in the pros."
You keep using the word "great"....what does that mean to you? It's a pretty broad word.

But Taylor ran a lot more than average and wasn't great as a passer.

u said this earlier.....that's why I asked about your definition of a "great passer".

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's a 4that round pick now.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears take him and let him sit for a year and learn the NFL game. Let Mitch and Dalton (Or a cheap vet) battle it out this year and if both of them fail cut them and let Hurts take over the team in 2021.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I hope the Bears take him and let him sit for a year and learn the NFL game. Let Mitch and Dalton (Or a cheap vet) battle it out this year and if both of them fail cut them and let Hurts take over the team in 2021.

I'm a big proponent of letting a rookie sit and learn ( see Farve & Rodgers)

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I see Run and Shit is having another one of "those" threads. May the prophet save us all.

8ClQaEU.gif