dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love Adam Rank but why does everyone keep forgetting that Mooney got Ramsey twice in that game?

msadows

Liked Posts:
The fact Jalen Ramsey even remembers who Darnell Mooney at all is a good sign to me he's going to be a damn good player.

I'd imagine you wouldn't forget getting embarrassed on national tv.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Psshh Ramsey got worked over a couple times by Mooney. To brush it off that it was incomplete is weak. One would have gone for a TD if the bears had a capable starting QB. Man up jalen you got worked by the rook

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact Jalen Ramsey even remembers who Darnell Mooney at all is a good sign to me he's going to be a damn good player.
Nah, I believe Jalen Ramsey works very hard on his craft. He comes off like a dick (well, he kinda is a dick, at least publicly anyway), but don't let the cockiness fool you. He works hard in the off-season and in the film room, especially coming from Florida State, where you know he had some early conversations with Deion Sanders (who was, believe it or not, one of the hardest working players in the league at his craft). Where I'm going with this is, you can best believe Ramsey studied film on every Bear receiver before they played.

Ramsey has even more motivation to watch the Bears receivers on film:
1. He and Allen Robinson lined up against each other every day at practice. He was/is going to work extra hard to prove who's best.
2. Anthony Miller is from Memphis (pronounced 'Me-ym-fis' lol). Jalen Ramsey is from Nashville. There's a bit of intrastate rivalry thing going on. So he was definitely watching Miller as well.

With watching film on those two, he definitely saw Mooney. Mooney's speed stands out on film, though I still wish we had a guy as fast as Berrian was.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
When ask about Mooney, Ramsey said:

tenor.gif

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marquise Goodwin says hello.
I hope you're right, but after watching footage on Goodwin from 2019, I don't have high hopes. I would be happier than a Halloween kid getting a Snickers if I was proven wrong though. I would totally have my crow with Teriyaki sauce.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He got crossed up a couple times by mooney in that game.

Easy to not look like a fool when you have one of the best pass rushers in NFL history helping cover up your mistakes.
Ramsey is a damn good DB. Don't be a fool

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He got crossed up a couple times by mooney in that game.

Easy to not look like a fool when you have one of the best pass rushers in NFL history helping cover up your mistakes.

And shifty QB play too

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone pull up these plays. I don’t recall them at all lol.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Protection wasn't great but a better QB hits him in stride

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And shifty QB play too
Just after college when I was still trying to compete in Track and Field, I had so much hubris I "knew" I couldn't be beaten on the football field. In pickup games I would find (which were plentiful because of my living in proximity to the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University in Philadelphia), I would sometimes keep my ankle weights on when I played these types of games just because I was so over-confident in my abilities.

At any rate one evening in a co-ed pickup game, I joined after my sprint workout, so my legs were a little tired. Besides, the other team had a girl QB. So I thought, "This will be fun. Show-off a bit while while having some fun" On the very first play I kinda freelanced and didn't really cover my guy past 20 yards, figuring she couldn't throw the ball that far anyway.

Don't you know the "skinny" dude I was supposed to be covering was on the University of Pennsylvania LaCrosse team and actually had a pretty good burst, as well as a killer out and up move. He ran that move on me, I bit on the out, and that "girl" QB sailed a beautiful 30 yard pass to a wide open LaCrosse player right over my head. I found myself suddenly trying (unsuccessfully) to chase down ? a "skinny" dude while my team was wondering wtf was wrong with me. Instead of showing off, I made an ass out of myself. Learned a couple of valuable lessons then.

1. Always cover your man (or woman) all the way down the field, until the play is over, even if you assume QB sucks (or didn't suck, in this case)
2. Don't assume a girl can't sling the rock on yo' ass.
3. LaCrosse players? Who knew they could cut that hard?