Jamal Adams Released

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Maxx realizes that the Raiders are a fucking mess and hired a meatball as a coach. The Antonio Pierce hire was a nice story but this guy ain’t winning shit out there. They need a QB and many other pieces to get to close to competing. If the Raiders were smart, they would look to get a Khalil Mack trade again and not use one of those picks on a RB in the 1st round. They need to gut the roster ala Poles in 2022 and hope that they land a QB in 2026. Problem is if the Bears get him, they won’t pick until later in the 1st and if the Lions get him, they definitely won’t be drafting until very late in the 1st.
I think a trade for Za'darius Smith is more likely tbh.
But I would love to snag Maxx Crosby, 2025 first and a 2026 second would be my max offer

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think a trade for Za'darius Smith is more likely tbh.
But I would love to snag Maxx Crosby, 2025 first and a 2026 second would be my max offer
They would probably ask for Hooker as well.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Personally I would not trade at all and keep the picks. First 4 picks next year are some combo of 2OL and 2DL. Hitting on picks and developing players is how you win long term in this league. (While having a QB of course).
Tell that to the rams and their SB win

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s kinda funny but I think several teams may try to emulate the Poles teardown. Worst thing to be in the NFL is middle of the pack with highly paid players locked in. (See Dallas)
Takes perfect timing cause no GM or coach wants to do it mid-tenure cause they would probably get fired before they see the fruits of their labor. You need to start with it while you have some runway. Owners usually don't want a team to willingly lose also, so it's messy. I may argue it's less needed in the NFL cause talent can be found all over the draft more... but no doubt I'd rip my roster to shreds if I ran an NBA team to land those top couple picks. *cough* Bulls *cough* Regardless, it all fell in place pretty perfectly for Poles. Hard to imagine anyone could strike gold like he did.

To be clear though, I'm a big all or nothing guy. I rather suck than be middle of the pack.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2025 1st, 2026 3rd, and Hooker.
Lions D would be a monster in 2025 with some improvement to the secondary (rookies) and Hutch back.
If other teams are interested, yall might have to add to that. Problem is that the Raiders would figure the Lions 1st rounder to be worth considerably less than some of the other teams(depending on who they are).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why are we talking about the lions in a thread about jamal adams?

To get back on topic instead of derailing every thread to be about the lions(thanks ncuck), Jamal is 100% done.

He played 20 snaps for the titans and in those 20 snaps had a 118 passer rating against and a 20% missed tackle rate. Guy is shit, if you wanted a washed up former all pro then you shoulda just kept eddie for depth.

I have more faith in MR. Biles and hicks. The DB depth is actually solid, issue is we are currently missing 3 of our top 4 corners.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Takes perfect timing cause no GM or coach wants to do it mid-tenure cause they would probably get fired before they see the fruits of their labor. You need to start with it while you have some runway. Owners usually don't want a team to willingly lose also, so it's messy. I may argue it's less needed in the NFL cause talent can be found all over the draft more... but no doubt I'd rip my roster to shreds if I ran an NBA team to land those top couple picks. *cough* Bulls *cough* Regardless, it all fell in place pretty perfectly for Poles. Hard to imagine anyone could strike gold like he did.

To be clear though, I'm a big all or nothing guy. I rather suck than be middle of the pack.

Absolutely

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are we talking about the lions in a thread about jamal adams?

To get back on topic instead of derailing every thread to be about the lions(thanks ncuck), Jamal is 100% done.

He played 20 snaps for the titans and in those 20 snaps had a 118 passer rating against and a 20% missed tackle rate. Guy is shit, if you wanted a washed up former all pro then you shoulda just kept eddie for depth.

I have more faith in MR. Biles and hicks. The DB depth is actually solid, issue is we are currently missing 3 of our top 4 corners.

You’re not new here so….. 😂

Liked Posts:
I think he’s toast.

The question for me is can the Bears make this move and not mortgage the future?

I think Crosby makes them a legitimate contender.
Yes, for TREY HENDRICKSON. I really do believe that the Bears could reel him in for a 2025 second, a 2026 second and Nate Davis to make the money work, since Davis can be cut next year at a minimal cap hit.

Instead of kicking up 2 firsts for Crosby the Bears can get their guy and still have their ducks in a row.

Moving forward I think that Trey Hendrickson + (2025)1st round OT + (2025) 2nd round CENTER + (2025) 3rd round Z WR makes this team better than:

Maxx Crosby + Braxton Jones at LT + (2025) 2nd round CENTER + (2025) 3rd round Z WR

Those who claim Cincy has no incentive to trade Hendrickson are incorrect. He's going to be 30 and at the hefty end of his deal that Cincy would love to get out of.

The window on that 2021 Bengals contender has all but closed. They know that they're more than just a couple of moves away from rivaling KC and Baltimore with their current roster and Buffalo already an offseason into retooling around Josh Allen.

The Bengals know that if they keep Trey and try to move him next season that his value will significantly decrease over his age, cost and FA status.

They already danced around the idea of trading him with other GMs around the draft knowing damn well that his value will decrease more and more over time.

It's not a headline grabber like a Crosby trade but it's a good move for us that makes the Bears better now, better in 2025 with room and draft capital to significantly improve as well as their 2026 1st round pick in tact to draft his replacement.

It's does make plenty of sense for us.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am no NFL GM. But the Bears have tried the 2 first round pick trades before and it really puts the damper on the future. Also, how many 100 million dollar contracts can the Bears afford?

They paid

Sweat
DJ
Jaylon

And they will have to start negotiating with Caleb after next season or possibly during if Caleb is smart.

So the Bears will need those first rounders. And they will need to be smart with the cap.

Crosby sounds great. I just don't think he alone makes this team a SB winner and because of that hypothetical trade, the Bears would be left with no ammo to stack chips around Caleb.

But what do I know?

@MightyJoeYoung and @DanielCCSBears are the resident CCS gurus here.