Jameis Winston looks like the real deal.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whew, a lot of people are going to be eating crow on Winston. All those ridiculous stories about him being fat and the lazy Jamarcus Russell comparisons looked bad last year and are going to look really bad if he plays like this all season.

Future All-Pro.

Mitchapalooza

He looks good. He has a rough stretch of games coming up, let's see how he does.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And in typical CCS fashion you're judging it on one game.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And in typical CCS fashion you're judging it on one game.

We also have an entire season to go off of as well. He threw for 4,000 yards last year. You could say his career looks promising.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whew, a lot of people are going to be eating crow on Winston. All those ridiculous stories about him being fat and the lazy Jamarcus Russell comparisons looked bad last year and are going to look really bad if he plays like this all season.

Future All-Pro.

I fully admit Winston was never on my draft board. it had zero to do with "fat or lazy"....to be honest I never heard those issues brought up...it was always because of his off the field problems and the gigantic risk of his personality/habits. Very glad he's doing well and he's been better than even I expected. Hopefully he continues to improve and keeps himself out of trouble.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought that you weren't allowed to change your opinion on Winston after seeing him play. At least thats what iueyedoc told me.

Schematically my biggest problems with him were his issues in college when he faced "NFL" style defenses and blitzing schemes. He had some REALLY bad habits his last season with turnovers and that concerned me a lot. He still would have been my Top QB anyways if it wasn't for the off the field stuff but coming off all the shit at F$U it was pretty concerning.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
We also have an entire season to go off of as well. He threw for 4,000 yards last year. You could say his career looks promising.

JDB said future All Pro. The 2015 season was definitely not All Pro for him. Let's wait a little before we call him something he isn't yet.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JDB said future All Pro. The 2015 season was definitely not All Pro for him. Let's wait a little before we call him something he isn't yet.

I'd say he is on schedule for all pro. 4k passing and ROY at ~20 are a good start.

JPPT1974

June and Summertime!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Phoenix Suns
  1. San Francisco 49ers
  1. Vancouver Canucks
  1. Radford Highlanders
He looks like he is going to be a great QB. And trying to forget his past in college. Good for him!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If fat and lazy means as careless as Cutler on a typical day with the ball, then yeah, those were spoopy concerns to extort

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JDB said future All Pro. The 2015 season was definitely not All Pro for him.

Your postings continue to be awful. I wasn't aware that in order to be labeled a "future All Pro" you must have first made an All Pro team.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Your postings continue to be awful. I wasn't aware that in order to be labeled a "future All Pro" you must have first made an All Pro team.

In order to be labeled future All Pro, don't you think you should actually have played a season that resembles that of an All Pro?? How the fuck else would you assume he could be??He hasn't. And HawkBear said we have a season to go off of, which sure as fuck wasn't All Pro. It seems both you and your little butt buddy Rory lack common sense here. And don't you have some thank banging and defending of your little butt buddy Rory to be doing anyway? Concentrate on what's important to you.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say he is on schedule for all pro. 4k passing and ROY at ~20 are a good start.

And that 84 rating last year is definitely what All Pro QB's have....

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In order to be labeled future All Pro, don't you think you should actually have played a season that resembles that of an All Pro??
No. People project players all the time. Sometimes correctly. Sometimes not. Peyton Manning was labeled a future All Pro before he even took a snap in the NFL.

That turned out pretty correct. Winston showed a lot last year. Could he end up as an All Pro? Sure. I could see it. I wouldn't go as far as JDB did(stating it as a "fact" it will happen) but he could at least make a pretty good argument for it and while I don't think he's "right" I could respectfully see his angle and agree to disagree.

Pretty simple.

Have you ever followed the NFL?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
No. People project players all the time. Sometimes correctly. Sometimes not. Peyton Manning was labeled a future All Pro before he even took a snap in the NFL.

That turned out pretty correct. Winston showed a lot last year. Could he end up as an All Pro? Sure. I could see it. I wouldn't go as far as JDB did(stating it as a "fact" it will happen) but he could at least make a pretty good argument for it and while I don't think he's "right" I could respectfully see his angle and agree to disagree.

Pretty simple.

Of course he could, but maybe posters like JDB shouldn't assume it after a season and a game. Using a little sense helps.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears

Pretty simple.

And Ryan Leaf, JeMarcus Russell and Tim Couch were considered to be great NFL QB's coming out of college too. Hell, a lot of people had Cade McNown the most NFL ready QB of the entire 99 bunch. Assuming doesn't mean shit, how bout we just wait and see.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course he could, but maybe posters like JDB shouldn't assume it after a season and a game. Using a little sense helps.

RGIII's rookie year passer rating: 102.4.

And Ryan Leaf, JeMarcus Russell and Tim Couch were considered to be great NFL QB's coming out of college too. Hell, a lot of people had Cade McNown the most NFL ready QB of the entire 99 bunch. Assuming doesn't mean shit, how bout we just wait and see.

People project players all the time. Sometimes correctly. Sometimes not. Peyton Manning was labeled a future All Pro before he even took a snap in the NFL.

Pretty simple.

But got it, people shouldn't project players because sometimes people are wrong. Great. Good talk.

You're pathetic.