James to make decision @ 8pm July 8th on ESPN

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
LeBron is just proving my earlier thread about how he's going to become the most hated man in basketball. Heck, even if he chooses the Bulls I'm barely going to be able to stomach the guy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm inclined to agree with Doug in that he's going to resign. He'll probably end up with Bosh through S&T too just for the heck of it. Either way, there's going to be a lot of angry disappointed fans out there.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
dude bosh would NOT go to cleveland. he wants to play in a city that has stuff in it.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Bosh is not going to Cleveland & the Raps already stated they won't do a s&t with Miami cuz they don't like the pieces they'd get in return. That leads me to the most logical conclusion: Bosh will be a Bull Thursday night.

But don't take my word for it. After all, I'm not Chris Broussard, I only do his laundry.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Ok, now ESPN is saying they are only having "on going" discussions about a Lebron Special. God I hate ESPN so much.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
dude bosh would NOT go to cleveland. he wants to play in a city that has stuff in it.

OMG that was funny! LOL...I am sorry, that might be the funniest thing I have ever read on here....

If someone was to say that on television, I would fall out of my chair...

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

OMG that was funny! LOL...I am sorry, that might be the funniest thing I have ever read on here....

If someone was to say that on television, I would fall out of my chair...

Noah came close lol..

But anyway, this whole thing is annoying. Did Lebron ask for this conference call hour special or whatever it is? Cause that would just make me hate him more.

Man I'm praying for Rose-Wade-Deng-Boozer-Noah..

Bosh is acting like a fool too. All these clues here and there, facebook, twitter, he's got cameras following him around making a documentary, he won't play with Lebron in Cleveland but he'll play anywhere else even though if he goes there, there probably the favorite for a Championship.

Man just give me Wade and Boozer so i could go to sleep. Enough is Enough!
Take what we can get.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lebron is catching it big time from the media over this...he is trying to pass it off as a charity event. But its all about him. And it is a bit much. If he is handling things on this level, I would think that New York is in play...twitter, prime time special...it might be all about the "Brand"...

I think that eliminates Miami. As Prochorov stated, going down to Miami to play with another superstar would diminish his brand...Jay Z and company and winning right away in Jersey so it comes down to home, brand, and winning...Cleveland, NY?NJ, or Chicago...

Just my opinion...

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
I think he is staying in Cleveland, probably on a short deal to keep the pressure on them to improve the team. It is starting to seem more and more logical. I know there are rumors that they will increase the max contract in the next CBA so if that ends up being true it ends up being a good business decision and he still has two more years to possibly bring a championship to Cleveland. Cleveland was the favorite to win the title last year and had the best record in the league, although they got bounced earlier than expected, they are far from being out of it next year. He could be with better teams but almost no matter where he goes the team will be a contender, why not just stay in CLeveland and try again.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Good point...these guys may be hurting their brands a bit...it should rebound though.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk if he'll sign short term because of the cba.If anything he'll sign long term but I say that would be his best option to sign short term and try and if he fails then he'll try somewhere else then. But idk if he'll give up even more money and sign short term.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i'd do a 5 year with a 3 year opt out. that way if the CBA is all good then i could opt out if i fel the need. but then i would still have the flexibility.

hardguy

Liked Posts:
Does LeBron missed the college recruiting process that bad?! He's acting like a little girl who missed her prom and wants to make up for it. If he ends up staying in Cleveland, I'd love to see him join Barkley, Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton and the rest of the ringless legends in the hall. It'd be even better if the Bulls w/ D-Wade is the team that wins some of those seven or so championships Lebron wants in the next ten or so years of his so call window of opportunity.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Bit harsh to include Stockton in that group, a guy who stuck with one team for his entire career without making a song and dance about it. He also negotiated his own contracts without an agent because he thought if he took less money than he could earn on the open market then the Jazz could sign better players.

LeBron should take note that's how a guy who is actually loyal and about the team acts.

mdot1986

Liked Posts:
Funny how that didn't work for Stockton!

As I am processing this in my head(trying to grasp at some hope) I thought this:

Maybe Lebron will be telling a story of his life and growing up in Akron. It would seem more like a tribute to the city where he was born and to Cleveland. This could soften the blow of him leaving...

Just grasping for straws at this point!

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
i'd do a 5 year with a 3 year opt out. that way if the CBA is all good then i could opt out if i fel the need. but then i would still have the flexibility.
That too.I meant to also say to add an opt out. But I see him doing 6 instead of 5 if thats the case but who knows.

hardguy

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
Bit harsh to include Stockton in that group, a guy who stuck with one team for his entire career without making a song and dance about it. He also negotiated his own contracts without an agent because he thought if he took less money than he could earn on the open market then the Jazz could sign better players.

LeBron should take note that's how a guy who is actually loyal and about the team acts.

Oh please don't get me wrong, I have respect for everyone of those players especially Stockton nor was I trying to associate Lebron's seemingly selfish antics to any of those retired greats. I'm just listing some of the greats hall-of-famers that ended their careers without any championships mostly because of the Jordan-led Bulls. The way Stockton always gave his all makes him my top five if not three point guards of all time. All I'm saying is if Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, then I'd love to see him dance his freakin' way in the hall of fame ringless.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
NealKleren wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:
That too.I meant to also say to add an opt out. But I see him doing 6 instead of 5 if thats the case but who knows.

problem is, cleveland is not gonna sign and trade him in all likelihood. and if they do, then who would they want from us? they'd prob want a SF and they prob WON'T want deng.