James wins MVP

Riker

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
MJ was one of the most physical perimeter defenders ever and never got called for fouls either. He must have passed along his secret to LeBron.[/quote]

Well, MJ had several seasons with 3+ fouls per game.

James "best" fouling season topped out at 2.3.

This year it's 1.7

1.7 and runner up for DPOY. Amazing.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
Second in DPOY votings?

Give me a mother fucking break.

Have you even watched him play ?
It so pisses me off that people dismiss the defense of Lebron or Wade just because there are some other players in the league who have the *reputation* of being good defensively.

Both Lebron and Wade improved their defense a lot. Wade blocked more shots than most of the C and PF in the league and Lebron wasn't too shabby either. He's so big, so quick, so athletic that he doesn't need to foul as much as others. He can stay in front of his man 99% of the time. And he times his blocks so well and gets so high that he avoids fouling on most of his blocks, and since he comes from behind, a lot of times the player with the ball has no idea he's about to get blocked.

Riker

Liked Posts:
:laugh:

OK

It's clear that NBA's fabrication of his reputation is also going towards making him "elite" defender

Give me one player he shut down ever. Just because he could run around doesn't make him a good defender.

Wade is 2 times shorter than him and has more blocks, so how much better is Wade?

Wait...James got more blocks than many centers.....yet.....shorter Wade has more blocks than James

Is is safe to say Wade = GOAT defender ever?

And just because in this pathetic era there are 3 DECENT centers in the WHOLE league doesn't mean that we should praise forwards that block shots.

He's 6'8 he's supposed to block shots.

Liked Posts:
My top 4 this year in order were:

1. Dwight Howard
2. LeBron James
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony

As much as Dwight probably deserved it this year, you can't argue with LeBron getting the nod.

This guy is 24 years old. He's scored more than 12,000 points. He's been an All-Star countless times...an Olympic gold medalist...and now he's got an MVP (even the great Kobe Bryant didn't get the MVP until last year).

What were we doing at age 24!? It's amazing!

Riker

Liked Posts:
I still can't believe how well are the people sellin James hype over there.

He's ONLY 24 years old ?

Let's try looking at it the other way. How many games did he play?

470 games. For instance, MJ had his 470th game played at the end of 89-90 season.

LeBron James has been the most hyped sports figure, possibly the most hyped human being, in the history of civilization. Think about how ridiculous that is.

Nike conspired with a bunch of cracker-ass suburban teenagers, Stuart Scott, and thousands of sweatshop factory owners in Southeast Asia to create a GOD out of a kid who bounces an orange ball off of a wooden floor.

And most of this transpired before he even played in a single NBA game, let alone before he made his first playoff game-winning shot with the help of an unconscionable travesty of a five step, triple pivot foot travel.

Does anyone really think that a player already christened as the greatest player ever by dozens of prominent sportswriters won't be fellated by the media so as not to render all of their "greatest player ever" predictions invalid?

Does anyone really think that the player unanimously decreed to be the future of the NBA before he played a single game, and who is the foundation of Nike’s biggest marketing campaign ever, won’t be shamelessly protected by the refs?

If LeBron ever does win an NBA title, it will have at least as much to do with the 8,000 foot Nike poster plastered on the side of the moon as it has to do with his skills.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
a kid who bounces an orange ball off of a wooden floor.

you make it seem so trivial yet you spend your precious time watching the men/kids that are bouncing a ball off a wooden floor and then you spend even more time reading about them and discussing them on an internet forum (or maybe on more forums).

if you're not a hypocrite, why aren't you discussing technological advances that could improve the quality of life on earth, that could help clean polution and/or cure diseases ?!

can you at least name a nobel prize winner in another category than peace ?!
can you name someone that did something really really important for mankind and would be deserving of the praise that lebron gets ?!

it seems to me that you're just hating now. he is the best ball player right now and got an award he deserved. the fact that the nba/refs might help him out a little doesn't mean he's less than the MVP. the same way jordan getting calls didn't make him a lesser player.

and if you watched the cavs you'd see that in fact lebron could get even more calls than he's getting (on the offensive end). but sometimes, because he's so big and strong, just like with dwight howard, refs ignore some of the hits he gets from defenders because they think he can take it. there was an instance where he was hit on the head and knocked to the floor and the refs didn't call it (was an obvious foul) and later they explained they did not call it because "he was not rerouted". check that out to see that he gets his fair share of bad calls.

Riker

Liked Posts:
I hate James with bright white intensity of 100000000000 suns.

Why?

Let me run it down. And no I'm not trivializing the game of basketball because it's one of the most important things in my life.

And quick note - don't make me laugh about "James' big so refs sometimes don't call fouls, just like Dwight"

Dwight is in foul trouble in almost every game. And REMEMBER - if Orlando gets to play with Cavs, rest assured - refs will deal with Howard very easily.

I can bet my ass of he'll have 3-4 fouls before halftime in every game. We know how pathetic James is against him, he doesn't come anywhere near the hoop when Dwight's in the lane.

On to James.

- he has a horrible looking shot
- he walks like a duck
- he's fraudulent
- he talks like a douche
- falsely humble
- potato head
- dubbed "King" - why? King of what?
- pay per view fukking HIGH SCHOOL games? He's Nike's project.
- 24 Hours Of LeBron on NBA.com? For fuckin WHAT reason? Why did he deserve 24 hours of program on NBA.fucking.com?
- horrific shoes
- looks like a failed steroid-soldier experiment, nothing like basketball athlete, him and Oden look like 35 year olds...
- receding hairline covered with ridiculously tilted 4" wide headband, no one on this planet is wearing it like he does
- 2-18 in playoffs, knocked off 50 year old record
- publicly said that his goal is to become a billionaire...if you don't see anything wrong with that than there's no helping you also...

but that's SUBJECTIVE opinion

My OBJECTIVE reasons?

- habitual travels, no one in the league commits more traveling violations than him
- dumbs down kids, he even travels in Nike commercial, shits not even funny
- shamelessly protected by the refs - gets away with travels
- shamelessly protected by the refs - NEVER gets called for offensive fouls
- shamelessly protected by the refs - 1.7 fouls per game, 270+ pounds constant slasher + runner up for DPOY...1.7 fouls? OK.

- he's not exactly bright, rather dumb. why? Crab dribble incident. LeBron has the nerve to 1. complain to the refs about such a valid call (including a re-enactment to the ref during the game - where was the tech!?),

2. claim that even after he had seen the tape in the locker room that it was still not a travel and then

3. be so bold as to go in front of the media and bitch about it knowing full well that he has won entire playoffs series on no-calls from the same move.

Quite pathetic.

and finally

- lies about his weight

He looks like a freaking lab project, I'm 110% sure he's juiced, HGH and all that, yet he publicly mocks everyone saying "I'm 260".

1059119795_mes_030626.jpg

Rookie LeCrab listed 240 lbs
3168564762_dc6c9efda2_o.jpg

LeCrab now, listed 250 lbs.

So - that's a 10 pounds gain? On the Moon maybe. Gimme a break.

Quote from CNNSI;

That James has gained weight is as much a mystery to him as anyone else. He doesn't gulp protein shakes or pound down extra carbs, instead eating three square meals (such as oatmeal, chicken, salmon) prepared by his chef, with the occasional candy snack in between. "It's kind of crazy," James says. "My body's, like, reversed."

Get the FUCK outta here. "Mystery"? Gimme a break.

And if anyone here goes to the gym, next time you ask your coach, how to gain at least 30 or 40 pounds - because that's AT LEAST the difference between those 2 pics of him being a rookie and being a LeRoid now - ask your coach how to do it playing 82 games a season, flying every other day, weight lifting daily and team training also.

How the FUCK you bulk up when you're active like that and, quote "He doesn't gulp protein shakes or pound down extra carbs" or THREE FUCKING MEALS A DAY.

When you're a regular wannabe gym-jock like I am, you HAVE to eat 5 times a day PLUS at least one protein supplement right after the workout.

This guy is the worst thing I've seen happenning to NBA and I can't stand him and never will, not in a million years.

I wish they expose him and he becomes some regular crack dealer in Akron along with his "friend" Jay-Z that obviously is going trough some serious mid-life crisis shit and hangs out with kids.

Or maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if LeBron is actually 30 years old and his real name Stu Smith, but changed to LeBron James for marketing purposes.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Wow Riker!

That's quite a 'Lebron James-mystique' evisceration!

I just wanted to add how much I hate it when after darn near every 'and-1' LeBron makes, he has to grand-stand and pose for the cameras like he's God gift to basketball. I also hate how the NBA shoves him down our collective throats.

Riker

Liked Posts:
Naw, hardly a mystery.

Aside my "personal" opinions about his totally un-basketball apperance

And his REPETITIVE UGLY BORING one handed tomahawk dunks

And aside his missed dunks in All Star games

And aside him being a camera whore, in Dunk Contest, he just HAD to call him self in the competition next year because he probably couldn't stand cameras being off him for 2 seconds...

Aside all that...

He DOES travel all the time, refs DO let him get away with it all the time, in his 5 years he has 1 memorable playoff series - that Pistons shit.

And maybe Wizards? Kinda sad when youre career highlight is traveling for the winning shot against one of the crapiest teams in the league?

And about that Pistons "historical" game

See, these are traveling violations in 2 minute highlight reel

So you can only imagine the full game count...I'm sick of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1hnIi2PLI

Check the other videos there too LMAO I laughed
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeBronTravelTV

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
I hate James with bright white intensity of 100000000000 suns.

[...]

Well, you're in for a rough 10 years, cause he's about to go supernova.
But I guess there were dozens of Cavs fans that felt the same way about Jordan in the '80s and '90s. It all evens out in the end.

Riker

Liked Posts:
10 years? Why?

He has 5 years max of this level of bulldozing to the hoop. He has no post up game, his footwork is, well, crabtastic, and his jumper is suspect.

The only bad side for me is the fact that NBA is at probably all time low in centers.

Overall, the league is more garbage than ever but...its 21st century, HD television, and all that gadgetry, so people think they're watching epic basketball..in fact, I don't think there EVER was this much disparity in the league.

This year we got 3 players with PER over 30. LMAO. Basically, it's 10 exceptional players versus 390 exceptional chumps. The way I personally measure the quality level of the league is how many franchise players are there. How many are there now?

3? 4? Not more...and 2 centers worth noting. 2. C'mon...

As for his "domination", no, he will pad his stats for 5 more years. Doing Ricky Davis stuff. Remember when Kobe scored 60 on those Special person Knicks and then he said "no im not going to try to beat kobes record im a team player"

LOL ends up with 50 or something points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds.

Thankfully, they review his Ricky Davis move and take 1 rebound away from him. But that was the clear example how he gets his numbers. He basically took the rebound from Wallace's hands.

Why am I pointing that out? He's obsessed with his stats.

We know he's a nobody in rebounding, he just collects the garbage rebounds all the time...if anyone thinks he's some defensive force or some rebounding expert...lol

He gets an offensive rebound every 5 games.

As for assists...LMAO. Let me just say that NBA's assists criteria is...well, judge for yourself from this quote;

Paul passed the ball to West at the top of the key at the 4:48 mark. West made a jab step with his right leg, then he pump faked, then he took one dribble and made a hard drive to his right before stopping and spinning to his left. The assist should already be well off the table by now but there is more. After coming to a stop, West pump faked again, did the "up" part of an up and under move but faded backwards instead of under, launching a one handed, high arcing shot over Drew Gooden. As Mike Tirico said, West"goes through the full arsenal of moves." Hubie Brown added, "That was a very pretty move. He gave Gooden at least three different moves off a jab step series and then caught him on a reverse move." Brown should have passed that comment along in a note to the official scorekeeper, because when a shot is preceded by enough post moves to be featured as a clip on an instructional video, there is no possible way that an assist should be awarded. You know what Chris Paul was doing while West was channeling Kevin McHale? He was standing well behind the three point line, watching, just like I was at home. The next time ESPN declares that Paul has broken an assist record set by Oscar Robertson, please remember this play.

But whatever.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
Just curious: who DO you like ?
Kobe ? Wade ? Howard ? Yao ? CP3 ? Deron ? Kirk Hinrich ? :p

And who'd you list as franchise player ?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
Nike conspired with a bunch of cracker-ass suburban teenagers, Stuart Scott, and thousands of sweatshop factory owners in Southeast Asia to create a GOD out of a kid who bounces an orange ball off of a wooden floor.

This made me laugh ... since you're hating on LeBron for something that is synonymous with the name Jordan.

Riker

Liked Posts:
No, Jordan WAS NOT promoted as GOD before he got in the league. Even though he hit a winning shot and won NCAA title.

James bounced from some irrelevant lame ass high school (pay per view games, lmfao) and while playing there, was already christened the "King", the Chosen One and similar suburban fanboy shenanigans

Even Mr. Potato Head himself agreed to go with the flow...

2yzh73d.jpg

puke.gif

2 dunkside.com;

Who do I like?

Gordon, Rose, Ray Allen, Paul, Billups, Joe Johnson...Wade...I like to watch Kobe play...

Franchise players today? Wade, Kobe, Ming, Howard, James, Paul. Done.

Liked Posts:
How cool was it when LeBron takes the mic and says, "I don't want to take much of your time because I can't wait to get out on the court" and then throw one down to start the game en route to a Cavaliers victory?

Seriously - this kid is great!