Japanese politician calls americans dumb.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]Hmm might need to pick up the Ran (personally think it is Kurosawa's best). Was waiting for the Criterion, but with it not listed on their website so it might be a few years. Too bad my Criterion 1st ed Seven Samurai DVD is not worth the $100's it used to be.

Not to go tooo off topic, but the Criterion version of Black Narcissus is just incredible (and yes I know it is not Nihongo).[/quote]

Further offfffff topic:

Criterion lost the rights to about 20 of their titles when Studio Canal sold the US rights to Lionsgate. Criterion will not have the rights to Ran for the foreseeable future. The Lionsgate discs are Criterion reference quality despite the comment about Ran by the blogger in the second link below.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3792

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/02/th ... print-oop/

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Mikita's Helmet"]

Further offfffff topic:

Criterion lost the rights to about 20 of their titles when Studio Canal sold the US rights to Lionsgate. Criterion will not have the rights to Ran for the foreseeable future. The Lionsgate discs are Criterion reference quality despite the comment about Ran by the blogger in the second link below.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3792

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/02/th ... print-oop/[/quote]

Bugger, but good to know. Picked up the Lionsgate of Ran on my way home from work. Perhaps even watch it tonight.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

Bugger, but good to know. Picked up the Lionsgate of Ran on my way home from work. Perhaps even watch it tonight.[/quote]

3 hours to spare, eh? :D

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I love it, we complain that people are stupid, and we hate them all, and Florida should just implode for it's stupidity and take southern cali with it, and some other parts.... BUT I'LL BE GOD DAMNED IF WE LET ANYONE ELSE TELL US WE'RE STUPID.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]I love it, we complain that people are stupid, and we hate them all, and Florida should just implode for it's stupidity and take southern cali with it, and some other parts.... BUT I'LL BE GOD DAMNED IF WE LET ANYONE ELSE TELL US WE'RE STUPID.[/quote]

Idiot

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Idiot[/quote]

Truth.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I think we should just mention in passing to said politician. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You know just name drop a bit and ask him if we are still dumb.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]I think we should just mention in passing to said politician. Hiroshima and Nagasaki. You know just name drop a bit and ask him if we are still dumb.[/quote]

One of my sister-in-laws, who is from Okinawa, would give the peace sign and ask what it meant in Japanese. Her response, it took two bombs.

Ok, I know really bad joke.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bugger, but good to know. Picked up the Lionsgate of Ran on my way home from work. Perhaps even watch it tonight.[/quote]

Even further offfffff topic:

Ran is a title the studios have gotten my ass to not double-dip but triple-dip on over the years because I love it so much---the weakass orig. Fox Lorber edition, then the Fox "Masterworks" edition, then finally the Criterion. Bastards. If I didn't love some films like Ran or Blade Runner or all the Monty Python films so damn much I'd pretty much kick all the studio DVD division heads in the nuts until they fell off.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

Even further offfffff topic:

Ran is a title the studios have gotten my ass to not double-dip but triple-dip on over the years because I love it so much---the weakass orig. Fox Lorber edition, then the Fox "Masterworks" edition, then finally the Criterion.[/quote]

those plus the Lionsgate Blu-ray. :mrgreen:

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

those plus the Lionsgate Blu-ray. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Well I don't have a Blu-ray player so at least those cash-grabbing rat bastards haven't chumped me into quadruple-dipping any titles! They could not possibly get me to buy another version of Blade Runner after the briefcase collector's edition. :lol:

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

those plus the Lionsgate Blu-ray. :mrgreen:[/quote]

And after watching it last night I give it:
images
images
images
images
images

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

Well I don't have a Blu-ray player so at least those cash-grabbing rat bastards haven't chumped me into quadruple-dipping any titles! They could not possibly get me to buy another version of Blade Runner after the briefcase collector's edition. :lol:[/quote]

I'll sell you my spare LD player and the spare LD version of Ran.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'll sell you my spare LD player and the spare LD version of Ran.[/quote]

I don't know why you are wasting your talents on Hawks forums when *clearly* you need to get your ass to Zanies post-haste. :p

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

Well I don't have a Blu-ray player so at least those cash-grabbing rat bastards haven't chumped me into quadruple-dipping any titles! They could not possibly get me to buy another version of Blade Runner after the briefcase collector's edition. :lol:[/quote]

I picked up the 5 disc Blade Runner DVD and then upgraded to the blu-ray, plus had the crappy prior version from 1998.

TIME TO DIE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8[/youtube]

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

I don't know why you are wasting your talents on Hawks forums when *clearly* you need to get your ass to Zanies post-haste. :p[/quote]

Hey, I will be here all week, be sure to try the veal.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I picked up the 5 disc Blade Runner DVD and then upgraded to the blu-ray, plus had the crappy prior version from 1998.

TIME TO DIE

[youtube]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8[/youtube][/quote]

I hear ya--I have the orig. DVD release from eons ago then the Director's Cut then the 5-disc set. It's highway larceny they get away with on lovers of the films! {{{shudders}}} I don't *even* want to think about how many copies of Leon: The Professional I own, heh.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hey, I will be here all week, be sure to try the veal.[/quote]

:lol:

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

I hear ya--I have the orig. DVD release from eons ago then the Director's Cut then the 5-disc set. It's highway larceny they get away with on lovers of the films! {{{shudders}}} I don't *even* want to think about how many copies of Leon: The Professional I own, heh.[/quote]

Yeah forgot aboot the director's cut, and have numerous versions of The Professional, Leon, etc.

Back on topic:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWAJduvcCw[/youtube]