Jared Allen is having a 'blast' at OLB in Bears' 3-4 defense

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Would it be a good sign or a bad sign if Allen had more sacks this year than McPhee?

depends, if Allen had 2 more sacks than McPhee and Allen had a total of 4 sacks...than that would be a bad sign

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apparently it doesn't matter how many sacks you get, but how much you care about each one you get

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know Allen was a disappointment last year, but I absolutely appreciate his character. He comes off as intelligent, articulate, and selfless on the field. And dude is always positive, at least when addressing the press and always seems genuinely excited about football. Never hear the "football is a business" bullshit from him.

Honestly, why do you sign a guy like that to play 2 gap? God, I hate Tucker.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Honestly, why do you sign a guy like that to play 2 gap? God, I hate Tucker.

I get that coaches today are under a lot of pressure to be innovative, but Tucker's lack of vision still burns. It will continue to burn next offseason, when we unload the last regime's players that were unable to find a place in our new defense.

But let's be positive - if Tucker were a better defensive coordinator, we wouldnt have been in a position to hire Fangio. Had we a decent defense, Trestman's offense might have been more productive because they didnt feel pressured to win a shootout every week. Had our offense been more productive with a decent defense, Emery might still be the one calling the shots on draft day, taking risks on players that did not fit our team.

So thank goodness Tucker sucked! Because of him, we got a rising star with a bright future at GM, a head coach that is loved by all his players with a track record of success, and one of the best DCs in the league.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
JA is a loafer, just like Julius Pepp...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think he has an up and down year, but will flash some greatness.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get that coaches today are under a lot of pressure to be innovative, but Tucker's lack of vision still burns. It will continue to burn next offseason, when we unload the last regime's players that were unable to find a place in our new defense.

But let's be positive - if Tucker were a better defensive coordinator, we wouldnt have been in a position to hire Fangio. Had we a decent defense, Trestman's offense might have been more productive because they didnt feel pressured to win a shootout every week. Had our offense been more productive with a decent defense, Emery might still be the one calling the shots on draft day, taking risks on players that did not fit our team.

So thank goodness Tucker sucked! Because of him, we got a rising star with a bright future at GM, a head coach that is loved by all his players with a track record of success, and one of the best DCs in the league.

Imagine how good our next coach will be if we go 2-14.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
allen's always been rah rah "everything's great" kind of guy. listening to him talk won't tell you anything. we'll see when the pads go on.