Jay Cutler #6 on MVP Watch

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this the part where the media aren't clueless dicks anymore?

The guy still acts as if Cutler has a problem on the sideline and Tom Brady is a saint. When it's quite the opposite to anyone paying close attention.

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
The guy still acts as if Cutler has a problem on the sideline and Tom Brady is a saint. When it's quite the opposite to anyone paying close attention.

To average NFL fan that only watches the Bears when they're playing their favorite team Cutler is a quitter that is constantly throwing tantrums on the sideline, and that will never change. They can remain ignorant, I won't care as long as we eventually win a Super Bowl or two.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
To average NFL fan that only watches the Bears when they're playing their favorite team Cutler is a quitter that is constantly throwing tantrums on the sideline, and that will never change. They can remain ignorant, I won't care as long as we eventually win a Super Bowl or two.

Eventually?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
390.gif

Seriously though, for every Bears fan that thinks he's in the MVP discussion then they should understand that's like agreeing to pay him $20+M a season.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
390.gif

Seriously though, for every Bears fan that thinks he's in the MVP discussion then they should understand that's like agreeing to pay him $20+M a season.
Dunno I agree with you here. Not suggesting anything, but Jay doesn't have to be better than Rodgers or Manning to be an MVP. The Bears, imo, can be really good by the end of the year, good enough to win the SB. If Jay keeps winning games in the 4th on a Bears team not many thought were going to be good, I can definitely see it.

I don't think it's as crazy as your making it out to be. MVP's usually come from teams that win, and a lot of the time, from teams that surprise. Do I think Jay will win, probably not, but I don't think it's crazy. All depends on how things proceed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then u had to jinx him by running your mouth about the pro bowl

Well if it makes you feel any better I don't think Cutler is going to go to the Pro Bowl.

Boston Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
List isn't dumb because Tannehill and Cutler are on it, list is dumb because their MVP nominees only come from the 2-0 teams.

Who else you gonna pick that wears a dolphins uniform?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I'm not so sure. Brady immediately took ownership of the situation and said he realizes that's not acceptable and he can't do it anymore.

With Cutler, all we got was

:dontcare:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Dunno I agree with you here. Not suggesting anything, but Jay doesn't have to be better than Rodgers or Manning to be an MVP. The Bears, imo, can be really good by the end of the year, good enough to win the SB. If Jay keeps winning games in the 4th on a Bears team not many thought were going to be good, I can definitely see it.

I don't think it's as crazy as your making it out to be. MVP's usually come from teams that win, and a lot of the time, from teams that surprise. Do I think Jay will win, probably not, but I don't think it's crazy. All depends on how things proceed.

You can compare that contract to that of Brees, Rodgers or Manning, but it also falls in line with Flacco, Ryan and Stafford.

I put Cutler with that second group and unfortunately the going price for that group is at or just under $20M/season.

I should say I love it when you Bear fans start getting really excited about how great your players are, but when it comes to paying them like they are great all of a sudden you start poking holes in someone you were just trying to build up. For me it's simple. If you want to keep or attract great players you have to pay them. There are times where tiny discounts are offered, but it's a business and money is the means of showing appreciation.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not so sure. Brady immediately took ownership of the situation and said he realizes that's not acceptable and he can't do it anymore.

tomy-brady-waterslide1.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You can compare that contract to that of Brees, Rodgers or Manning, but it also falls in line with Flacco, Ryan and Stafford.

I put Cutler with that second group and unfortunately the going price for that group is at or just under $20M/season.

I should say I love it when you Bear fans start getting really excited about how great your players are, but when it comes to paying them like they are great all of a sudden you start poking holes in someone you were just trying to build up. For me it's simple. If you want to keep or attract great players you have to pay them. There are times where tiny discounts are offered, but it's a business and money is the means of showing appreciation.
Still looking for where I made ANY mention of what I thought Jay should get paid. :shrug:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Still looking for where I made ANY mention of what I thought Jay should get paid. :shrug:

I see when you said "Dunno I agree with you here" you were talking to the gif, not what I typed beneath it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay seems to be getting better, but he does have 4 turnovers in 2 games. There are not going to give him MVP with 32 turnovers, that's for sure. That has to be more than cut in half IMO.

Monster

Liked Posts:
A bit early for MVP talk... or playoff talk for that matter.
I think the D is suspect at this point... giving up a lot of yard...
The offense has too many turnovers...

The Bears have won two home games that could have easily been lost...
When they blow a high ranked team up on the road I'll get excited...

mac bear

Liked Posts:

I'm not a Brady basher, actually. Even though I did get a kick out of him whining like a school girl when his new batch of receivers weren't near the page that he's used to hanging out on. I only brought it up cause the National media, in particular, completely excuses it, and is RAPID to point out the press conference where he owns his petulance.

You're bang on, Cutler does seem to shrug it off.

My call on it is he 'don't care' for a reason. Too many have probably pissed him off too much earlier for him to coddle to them when he does 'get hot' and they'll need his interview. I kind of love it.

I'm getting ready for it all to come around.

And hopefully it won't be too 'eventually'...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

This season isn't the first time Brady has been irate on the sideline at his player. He's taken ownership of it before...

Its no different than a politician being in a sex scandal, apologizing, sayibg he'll own up and continuing to be in other scandals.

I guess a facade is preferred over accepting reality is what happened.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That first paragraph is so pandering and just plain unnecessary not to mention exaggerated to meaninglessness.

The author should be fucking ashamed.