Jay Mariotti Arrested AGAIN

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone seems to hate mariotti. I dont live in chicago and never read any of his columns in the paper or online.Always liked him on ATH though him and woody paige going at it on the show were classic.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hopefully we see a spiral out of control from Dilfer next.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the one random day I watched ATH and he threw his water towards the camera

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a fat, arrogant piece of shit. I'd hate to be the person he was stalking.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2v81u14_th.jpg

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think every person who follows Chicago sports knows and hates Mariotti. He has a very bad track record of being an asshole. He calls out players disgracefully, and it's now clear, with his 2nd arrest, that he isn't any different in his personal life.

I don't feel any sorrow or have any sympathy for this man.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The hate towards Mariotti was based on his bashing of Chicago sports when he was writing FOR them. We got rid of him, the 'Hawks won the cup, the Bears went to the NFC-Championship, and the Bulls are one of the best teams in the NBA. Coincidence? Absolutely, but I'd like to think it's b/c we got rid of the douche-bag.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay is a douche he got what was coming to him. Karma is a bitch and glad to see this shitstain getting pwn'd. Dont drop the soap homo.

drunkntailgater

Liked Posts:
Hahhahhaaaaaaa.......Mariotti is going to just love having Prison Sex!!

:clap:

I never liked they guy! He was the worst Sports Writer to ever work in Chicago and a pathetic excuse to rep our city for ESPN's Around the Horn.

I know damn well that us Sox Fans are lovin this story! :beerbang:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a legit knock on a guy to say he's a disgusting hypocrite and deserves no place in journalism when he calls out players for off-the-field antics and goes ahead and beats his own girlfriend... what a bastard.

A Chosen Bullet

Liked Posts:
To me, Mariotti always had a very superficial and fake aura around him and very seldom, if ever, wrote anything ground-breaking. His flip-flops were so legendary that they routinely mocked him on Around the Horn. He was consistantly criticized for not even going into the locker room to ask questions and face the guys he was criticizing. He was the king of over-reacting with his endless "Fire this Guy", "Trade that Guy", "Sell the Team" columns. He was over-the-top in political correctness and, in the end, quite the phony...

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still doesn't top the talentless Harry Teinowitz's arrest ("I want to talk to the Mayor!") and, incredibly, his recent reinstatement on Chicago Sports Radio. Is the talent pool so shallow that we keep recycling these idiots?

Say what you will about Mariotti, and he was a douche, but at least he could put together coherent thoughts to form an opinion. That is miles ahead of the typical Boers/Bernstein lunacy, and its not surprising to me that for all his faults, Mariotti still maintained a national image while schmucks like Dan Bernstein were getting fired from their DePaul women's basketball broadcasting jobs.

Well, him & B/B have something in common...they both suck.

A Chosen Bullet

Liked Posts:
True. To me, it was like Mariotti was just a writer who covered sports, but really had no feel for the sports he was covering. His whole goal was to sell newspapers and make a name for himself, which he did (for better or worse). I rarely agreed with him, and his hyperbole was almost comical, but I thought he was a good writer, if that makes sense.

Yes, it makes perfect sense!

Tyler Juranovich

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am kinda baffled he got hired, but more surprised how he kept high-end jobs for so long. You can't tell me his editors weren't getting a little angry with him.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am kinda baffled he got hired, but more surprised how he kept high-end jobs for so long. You can't tell me his editors weren't getting a little angry with him.

Id say they were generally pleased with how many people read his work. Good or bad response, it's still eyeballs and thats really the bottom-line in that business.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
never read any of his stuff only saw him on ATH and he seemed like a douche