Jaylen Waddle breakdown

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
not that it will matter because i see them all gone by no later than top 15.

i'm on the other side in thinking waddle will go high and smith will fall...
smith has not done himself any favors in regards to his weight, senior bowl apperance but doesnt weigh in, speech on being too small/too slow. if anything i'd be suprised if there wasnt a little bit of doubt in war rooms on him. Smith is a smooth and savy route runner, he's not a burner and i think he'll go after waddle, chase and pitts.
Smith is fast. He's a long strider so it doesn't look the same as some of the others in the class. Similar to Eddie Jackson in that regard. He pulls away from defenders consistently in space. I've never once heard a legitimate football mind say he's too slow.

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Anyone that can watch this and tell me he's not fast with a straight face needs a brain scan. His burst from mid to top gear is incredible. He eats up cushion for breakfast. He out runs players that have angles on him towards the boundary. He has it all.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Pitts is a monster, quite likely the best athlete in the draft. He ran a 4.44-second 40 and showed off an 83-inch wingspan. At 6'6", has a 33½-inch vertical, recorded 10 feet, 9 inches in the broad jump and managed 22 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press.

33 1/2" on top of already being 6'6" 245 lbs, he is almost un-guardable in the redzone. He can line up as a WR as well as a TE. Tj and Pitts would be a matchup nightmare for teams. Not that I think the Lions will do it, but Pitts will make teams above Detroit pause before they select Sewell.
if i'm the Lions I take him anyway..but pretty soon you'll have to pay him and Hockenson at the same time

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if i'm the Lions I take him anyway..but pretty soon you'll have to pay him and Hockenson at the same time
yeah, but that is the same as anyone you take at 7

Sewell Chase or Pitts, one will be left at 7 and I am running up to the podium to take any of them. if two are left, my preference might be Sewell. If none of them are left I am trading back a bit.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Smith is fast. He's a long strider so it doesn't look the same as some of the others in the class. Similar to Eddie Jackson in that regard. He pulls away from defenders consistently in space. I've never once heard a legitimate football mind say he's too slow.

i'm sure he's got deceptive speed, but he chose not to get timed...the point i'm making is that he is not a true deep threat burner like waddle or ruggs at alabama. If i were to rank the top 3 WR's, it would be chase, smith and waddle but as you likely know speed is a premium trait in the nfl so it wouldnt suprise me if waddle jumps ahead of smith...not saying thats right but it happens more often than not.