jeff samrdzija (extension)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So what do you do if he turns that down?

You end up being stuck with him till the trading deadline of his last season under contract and then trading him for pennies on the dollar like they had to do with Garza.

One step forward, three steps back.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You end up being stuck with him till the trading deadline of his last season under contract and then trading him for pennies on the dollar like they had to do with Garza.

One step forward, three steps back.

What is the alternative?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So what do you do if he turns that down?

Well frankly I would have made a higher offer to him. I believe there is room for a solid 2/excellent 3 on any contending team. Instead the Cubs got a prospect on the decline with issues and some pieces that are far away from making an immediate impact.

I'm pretty confident Theo could develop a starter like Shark, but hey Theo is the same guy who drove Brinks trucks to John Lackey's house.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
As usual it is the dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge routine here. It is two very straight forward questions. How much is Jeff Samardzija worth and what do you if he turns it down?

As has been repeated ad nauseam I don't think the front office gets 10 years to show improvements at the major league level and I don't think the plan is to solely rely on the farm system to improve the major league roster. So improving the major league team is going to have to happen during Shark's contract or there will be a new regime. Those issues though are really beside the point when answering those very basic questions though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As usual it is the dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge routine here. It is two very straight forward questions. How much is Jeff Samardzija worth and what do you if he turns it down?

As has been repeated ad nauseam I don't think the front office gets 10 years to show improvements at the major league level and I don't think the plan is to solely rely on the farm system to improve the major league roster. So improving the major league team is going to have to happen during Shark's contract or there will be a new regime. Those issues though are really beside the point when answering those very basic questions though.

Shit, what's the going rate for a 4 starter? $13M? Probably that unfortunately.

If Shark doesn't accept that, then the Cubs have to move on and acquire more "assets" for him and hopefully begin to take steps forward, without taking another step back.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

You asked straight forward what the alternative was and you got a straight forward answer to build a quality team to make staying with the Cubs more attractive.

However it doesn't fit your narrow minded agenda.

So as usual you bitch and whine and cry and pout and throw your sippy cup.

Pathetic.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I used to be on the Samardzjia train but he hasn't proven to be consistent enough to warrant a big deal. I would support something in the range of what Edwin Jackson got but nothing more. He still has time, and some days he is a #1, but you have to be an ace 90% of your outings if you want a massive deal

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Building a quality team before his contract is up and make staying in Chicago a more attractive option.

Being an attractive team only gets you so far. What if he still turns it down because it's not enough? You want to just write a blank check?

what the on tapatalk

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You asked straight forward what the alternative was and you got a straight forward answer to build a quality team to make staying with the Cubs more attractive.

However it doesn't fit your narrow minded agenda.

So as usual you bitch and whine and cry and pout and throw your sippy cup.

Pathetic.
How about the other questions?