Jeffery and Royal didn't Practice Friday- Questionable

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give it a rest man, if he plays and has a good game then you'll be singing a different tune. If he sits this game, comes back next week and plays great, you'll be singing a different tune.

You change tunes like normal people change socks.

Lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Guys it is time to start mentally moving on from Jeffery this season and probably into the future.

Start accepting that he might not be here.

Can't resign a guy to big money to sit on IR.

Yes yes u can. More about Fox being cautious with injuries with a team he knows is not winning the Super Bowl this year with. This may be a blessing if Wilson keeps getting better.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's like preseason week 4 every week now. they're merely sampling the scrubs to see if they're worthy.

how come nobody's talking about Royal? why the F is he out?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Only bright side to this is hopefully we can sign him to less money, or at least incentive based $$$.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I still don't think you're getting him at a discount, whether he plays or not. If he tests FA some dumbass team will overpay for him. I wouldn't bet on him taking a big $$ hit due to him not being out there every week.

McPhee not practicing doesn't scare me. He seems like the type who'll tape his shit up and play with it broken.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well on the bright side, Marquees Wilson will be a nice cheap WR option in Fanduel! I have already picked him up on a few of my teams!!...better not let me down!!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well on the bright side, Marquees Wilson will be a nice cheap WR option in Fanduel! I have already picked him up on a few of my teams!!...better not let me down!!

I've got the Welson-Cutty combo in 3 out of 10 of my fanduel lineups this week so I can feel this post 100%

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

You know Grasu is making his first start this week right?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF is wrong with Jeffery? I thought it was his calf. Now his hamstring? Why is he always broken?

He doesn't like Cutlers body language or leadership.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give it a rest man, if he plays and has a good game then you'll be singing a different tune. If he sits this game, comes back next week and plays great, you'll be singing a different tune.

You change tunes like normal people change socks.

What tune am I changing?

I am saying it is more and more likely that the Bears are not going to pay him if he continues to be hurt, and this injury is clearly more serious than they told us considering he is going to miss almost all of camp and 4 games.

For The record I would love to keep him and I never changed that opinion, but they are going to think twice and piss us all off.

Last edited:

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I hope Wilson realizes that this is his chance to command a big payday. Once Alshon and White are back, he'll go back to being a #3 or 4 receiver and won't get a chance to show what he can do.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think fanduel needs more commercials

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Guys it is time to start mentally moving on from Jeffery this season and probably into the future.

Start accepting that he might not be here.

Can't resign a guy to big money to sit on IR.

Sadly, I think this is right. Don't see a way out of this mess.
Pace would be silly to overpay as it just is not worth the risk. He's probably not worth even franchising for one year.
Unfortunately, AJ wants not to just get paid, but will overvalue his true worth. And he will find a bozo GM to give him what he wants. It only takes one and this is a horrible year for free agent WR's.
Assuming AJ gets back on the field, Pace will probably offer what a top end #2 should get and it won't be enough.