legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...d-gurley-andrew-luck-headline-trapped-players

4) Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears: This wasn't how the Bears' franchise player envisioned his contract year playing out, battling Eddie Royal, Cameron Meredith and Zach Miller for targets on the league's 31st-ranked scoring offense. As a true No. 1 receiver and one of the league's most dangerous deep threats, Jeffery should be the focal point in Chicago. Imagine the numbers he would generate with a quarterback of Luck's caliber.

giphy.gif

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I hate list like this..... it suggest that 'good' players should only be on teams with other good players. Every team will have a few players who may play above the level of thier team mates.... just the nature of the game to hope you get surrounded by more good players and coaches so you can be part of a winning franchise. I respect players who hang around giving thier franchise a chance to get good... only leaving 'after' they have given all they could in that effort and going somewhere else to fit in and be the final piece of a winning franchise.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Colts do seem like an ideal team for him, true enough. They could use him and he'd be in the pro bowl mix every year.

I don't know if he'd like it there though. From what I understand he doesn't like the Midwest and misses the South. With the Colts he'd still be in the Midwest, minus the world class city and all that comes with it. He'd be swapping an elite food and entertainment culture for Steak n Shake.

The Panthers is also an ideal team for him and he'd be home.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate list like this..... it suggest that 'good' players should only be on teams with other good players. Every team will have a few players who may play above the level of thier team mates.... just the nature of the game to hope you get surrounded by more good players and coaches so you can be part of a winning franchise. I respect players who hang around giving thier franchise a chance to get good... only leaving 'after' they have given all they could in that effort and going somewhere else to fit in and be the final piece of a winning franchise.

So you're saying you hate Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders for retiring with years left in the tank because their teams were complete horseshit?

The reality is that teams fuck players far more than any player ever fucks a team. I don't blame Alshon for one second for trying to get the fuck away from here.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Colts do seem like an ideal team for him, true enough. They could use him and he'd be in the pro bowl mix every year.

I don't know if he'd like it there though. From what I understand he doesn't like the Midwest and misses the South. With the Colts he'd still be in the Midwest, minus the world class city and all that comes with it. He'd be swapping an elite food and entertainment culture for Steak n Shake.

Carolina, Tampa, or Atlanta would be scary. Maybe a reunion with Gase in Miami?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Carolina, Tampa, or Atlanta would be scary. Maybe a reunion with Gase in Miami?

He would be trapped again if he went to South Beach, just not as badly

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Not to mention that Colts' problem is on the definsive side of the ball and the OL.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Seahawks with Wilsons pinpoint deep ball accuracy would be a great fit as well.

Edit: Knowing our luck, Packers would finally make a splash to help Rodgers and sign him especially with Jordy turning 32 and the rest of their playmakers being nonexistent.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seahawks with Wilsons pinpoint deep ball accuracy would be a great fit as well.

Edit: Knowing our luck, Packers would finally make a splash to help Rodgers and sign him especially with Jordy turning 32 and the rest of their playmakers being nonexistent.

It would be the most confusing move Ted could make after letting Sitton walk which was an equally as Special person move. Who knows, perhaps Ted might finally be feeling the fire under his ass after having wasted so much of Rodgers' prime giving him a shit team.

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
How much $$ is Jeffrey making this year? For that kind of coin, you could LITERALLY trap me in a hole in the ground while I gladly put the lotion on my skin...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I was just in Indy, it should be called the strip mall capital of the world. They are everywhere. It is weird.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Indy is basically small town USA blown up to big city proportions. Its a confusing layout to say the least. I am too used to Chicago's grid system.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Pace knows he isn't gonna re-sign him or has any suspicion that Alshon has no plans of re-signing with us then i wouldn't even worry about trying to franchise tag his ass next year and trade him before the trade deadline.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alshon to NE? I have no idea what their cap space looks like, but he could fill their void at having a deep threat similar to Randy. I would love to watch Alshon actually utilized correctly.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I fucking love Steak n Shake.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
thing is most players dont seem to give a fuck about being trapped on shitty teams considering every year free agents go to shitty teams just for the money. personally i dont get how they do it as competitors, but...

oh, and i dont think johnson and berry retired simply because their teams sucked.