Jeremiah mock

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I have no problem with taking Allen at #3. He IS what we thought we were going to get with Bullard. If Myles Garret slips (fat chance) we should jump on him at #3....but that's not gonna happen. Would not take a QB at #3 under any circumstance....nor a DB.....

Allen at #3....low risk....high upside.....filling the team's talent needs and giving Fangio a very nice front three...

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Yay...another allen mock to the bears.

Yawn

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

AussieBear

I want to ask these experts who the hell they see playing QB for the Bears in these scenarios?

Also if Mahomes is "the qb to take" he isn't falling into the 3rd round conveniently for us. Other teams will think that as well.

the man under contract.......jay cutler

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
There is no way Pace takes Allen. He doesn't fit the mold of a Pace first round pick.

When you look at Kevin White and Leonard Floyd you see two highly athletic players with height, weight, speed combo that have big time upside.

Many people would say that oh well Kizer would be the QB that fits the mold but I think that sort of changes with their QB selection if they go that way because Pace has talked about other attributes like decision making and more the mental side of playing QB.

If you are looking at skill players with that type of physical upside, you have to look at Myles Garrett, Marshon Lattimore and Malik Hooker.

Marshon Lattimore is actually a guy I don't think is being talked about enough considering our CB issues.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
There is no way Pace takes Allen. He doesn't fit the mold of a Pace first round pick.

When you look at Kevin White and Leonard Floyd you see two highly athletic players with height, weight, speed combo that have big time upside.

Many people would say that oh well Kizer would be the QB that fits the mold but I think that sort of changes with their QB selection if they go that way because Pace has talked about other attributes like decision making and more the mental side of playing QB.

If you are looking at skill players with that type of physical upside, you have to look at Myles Garrett, Marshon Lattimore and Malik Hooker.

Marshon Lattimore is actually a guy I don't think is being talked about enough considering our CB issues.

Lattimore should definitely be in consideration for the third pick if they decide they are going to address QB elsewhere. Highly athletic and stays with his man step for step down the field. One of my favorite players in the draft.

Pace has definitely coveted the high upside uber-athletic guys in the first and those guys fit the bill. Adams is another one who does.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I will bet you the WMU WR goes ahead of the Clemson WR.

I actually saw more of Corey Davis in high school (not really special there so WMU) than college, but yeah he sounds great now. Ironically Davis' HS Wheaton Warrenville South Tigers logo:
wws.png

I'm just glad that somebody is admitting the obvious fact that Mike Williams is a better NFL prospect than Watson.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Lattimore should definitely be in consideration for the third pick if they decide they are going to address QB elsewhere. Highly athletic and stays with his man step for step down the field. One of my favorite players in the draft.

Pace has definitely coveted the high upside uber-athletic guys in the first and those guys fit the bill. Adams is another one who does.

Lattimore may actually be my favorite non-QB player outside of Myles Garrett the more I read about him. It's hard to watch tape on CB's so all I have is the words of others but he has the height, weight and athletic combo of a top echelon CB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jonathan Allen
Solomon Thomas
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Marshon Lattimore

All perfectly fine picks at 3, if the Bears trade for Jimmy G.

Otherwise my guess is they are going QB and desperation will play into it.

Katesboobsrgr8

Liked Posts:
If the Bears first three picks went as followed it would make my entire off-season....

1 - DT/DE - Jonathan Allen...He's another Aaron Donald type of talent that can play well on the interior or off the edge. I think he's a stud interior pass rusher that will significantly change a defense for the better. I would take Allen over a player like Garrett almost evertime, if not every time. I believe Allen will be a stud D-Lineman in any defensive system

2 - OT - Garett Bolles - I'm praying this kid will fall or just plain be available when the Bears pick at the top of round 2. Bolles is my favorite OT in this draft. IMO, he'd be great pick for Chicago if he's still around atop round 2.

3 - QB - Patrick Mahomes - To me this kid is the QB to take. IMO, no QB in this draft is a glaring day 1 talent, but who knows. Patrick Mahomes clearly needs to work on mechanics, & needs to develop under one good coaching staff(which the Bears currently lack outside of their DC), with a proven track record of developing young QBs into franchise. IMO, Mahomes has insanely high upside.

Also get Brad Kaaya a round or two later, if possible & I'd be thrilled with the young nucleus of players Bears would be developing into franchise corner-stone foundation players.

Just these four players added would make my off-season.

It would make my off-season as well if there Bears were able to land 3 projected first round talents in the draft. We should hang out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bowles job is on the line as well. Forte is almost done and Fournette is a beast. Any QB taken there will be of no help in 2017.

Bowles doesn't make the pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why do all these people have us taking Allen we already have a decent front 3 I do not think this is a smart pick.

It would be a very good pick. Would really make the Front 7 a strength. Solid player. Low bust potential.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually saw more of Corey Davis in high school (not really special there so WMU) than college, but yeah he sounds great now. Ironically Davis' HS Wheaton Warrenville South Tigers logo:
wws.png

I'm just glad that somebody is admitting the obvious fact that Mike Williams is a better NFL prospect than Watson.

I expect Davis's stock to rise, not that Williams isn't a good pick, he is just a lot more of a raw talent. Davis is a day one starter, strong hands, good work ethic, and runs a NFL route tree. Has a little bit of Anquan Boldin in him.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
No way does Pace draft a RB at 4 and your high if you think he does. Its the one position we are solid at right now as well as it being a very deep draft at RB.

I totally agree. It was more a little fun. I just love the idea of having two outrageous talents at RB so the Bears can run all day on the opposition. Teams would also have to respect the fact that Mahomes II would likely have one of the biggest arms in the NFL and is quite accurate with it. I also worry that if anything happens to Howard all the Bears will have is a rookie QB and Brian Hoyer! The season would be over immediately.

I think Mahomes II will be lucky to reach the 2nd round as the Cards or Texans may well take him in the 1st (let alone the 3rd).

Personally hoping we trade for JG with our 2017 2nd rounder and a conditional 2018 2nd-4th round. Then Pace finds a suitor to trade back a little in the 1st round to get the 2nd back. People don't like talking about trading back but Pace is very comfortable trading and he likes extra picks. Therefore if he gives up a 2nd for JG he may well try to get it back especially as I think if you're picking in the Top 10 you're getting a very talented player.

For me I hope it's Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen or Leonard Fournette (simply because he is so freakin good and our OL could really be something)

Trade: - 2nd rounder to Patriots for JG

Trade: - Bears move back in the first round but stay inside the Top 10 and receive a 2nd rounder for their troubles.

Draft: - (1) Leonard Fournette, (2) Garett Bolles, (3) Obi Melinfonwu (SS) (4) Jake Butt (TE) and Carroll Phillips (OLB), (5) Dalvin Tomlinson (NT) (7) Zane Gonzalez (K)

FA: - Russell Shepherd (WR), Jack Doyle (TE), Calais Campbell (DE), Duron Harmon (FS) - (hopefully Eric Berry), A J Bouye (CB)

Re-Sign: - Alshon Jeffrey (WR) + + +

It might not be the most realistic scenario but it's far from unrealistic. Fox needs to win a lot more games this season (minimum 8-8 or he's out). Pace certainly could help his career as a GM by going at least 8-8 and really on the outlay above (10-6 same for Fox). The Bears management have also indicated they're going to spend in FA.

I think the addition of Bolles to supplant Leno Jr. at LT makes the Bears OL a top 5 unit when all healthy. He's a beast and may well not make it past the back end of the 1st round.

JG has the potential to take the offence to another level with a good OL, a re-signed Jeffrey, upgraded TEs and 2 rock stars at RB. Potential is the key to be fair.

Fournette is even better than Elliot in my opinion. It's more a pick for kicks but no one can argue with his talent and as I said if Howard goes down and we don't have a talent at QB the Bears season is over. The coaches and Pace know this. Their jobs are on the line.

In the above there are also defensive upgrades all over the park. CB, Safety and the DL. Campbell like Fournette is a luxury pick (4 years 40m with 20m guaranteed). He got 8 sacks last season. Imagine him, Hicks and Goldman with Tomlinson coming in at NT as and when required (basically when Goldman is injured). The Bears would fcuking murder that fcuker Rodgers. As for Bradford he'll have no time or place to hide to throw his fancy touch throws. He'll be on IR before the end of the 1st half next season.

With the cuts the Bears will likely make and with a little careful use of the salary cap it's easily possible to get these players. Berry on top might be a little more difficult granted but..... Pace just needs to sell them on the vision. Getting JG would help I think. Shows a positive attempt to make the Bears better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why does everyone assume the Pats will take a 2 for JG when BB said a 1st plus more? He'll hold out until somebody gets desperate or he has to settle if he so chooses. He either get what he wants early or sits on JG for a while. Pace better fucking not give our 3rd or even swap 1sts for him nor can he afford to wait.

The value of the trade your talking about would get us the 10th plus 43rd picks and I doubt Fournette makes it to 10 and Bolles definitely doesn't make it to the 40s. That and I personally think Fournette is wasting a pick unless they change the rules to play with 2 balls.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Why does everyone assume the Pats will take a 2 for JG when BB said a 1st plus more? He'll hold out until somebody gets desperate or he has to settle if he so chooses. He either get what he wants early or sits on JG for a while. Pace better fucking not give our 3rd or even swap 1sts for him nor can he afford to wait.

The value of the trade your talking about would get us the 10th plus 43rd picks and I doubt Fournette makes it to 10 and Bolles definitely doesn't make it to the 40s. That and I personally think Fournette is wasting a pick unless they change the rules to play with 2 balls.

I don't think BB has actually been reported as saying it will take a 1st and a 4th. A reporter stated this is what the Patriots wanted. BB has not been recorded saying this. Maybe it's correct and maybe it's not. What is sure as Windy has pointed out is that if the Patriots don't move him this offseason and everyone goes forward with their QBs and take their chances in the draft then their leverage disappears and they'll get a lot less if and when they try to trade him.

I don't think Fournette would be a wasted pick but I totally understand where your coming from. The Bears don't need to move back to 10 to get an extra 2nd and certainly not if another team is desperate to move up. To be fair I think almost all teams will wait their turn with Garrett gone and there seemingly being a lot of unease over the quality of the QBs.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
It's less of a 'wasted' pick as well if Pace is able to address a lot of our needs in FA. The above FA suggested picks are meant to do this and provide a certain amount of realism.

Our defence would probably become a top 5 unit with the additions of Calais Campbell, Duron Harmon (preferably but unlikely Eric Berry) and a corner like A J Bouye so Pace would have leeway in the draft to go BPA. Fournette could easily be that player.

I do agree Bolles won't last forever and probably not too deep into the 2nd but if he really is good then Pace could always use one of our 4ths or our 5th and the 2nd we got in a trade back to move up. A potential franchise LT is worth moving up for if he slips.

I've seen him mocked plenty of times in the late 40s by respected people. Plenty of players slip though not normally potential franchise LTs.

The Bears need better depth but they also need a some real top draw quality players. Fournette is a potential HofFamer.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It would be a very good pick. Would really make the Front 7 a strength. Solid player. Low bust potential.
I get that, and I get building from the lines out mentality, I just think there are better ways to use the pick.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The Bears should trade their 3 and 36 picks to the Titans for their 5 and 18 picks.