Jeremy Morin Called Up

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morin is likely trade bait, but I don't want him to be. I think him and Saad are the future of the Hawks when Hossa and Bruno and such are too old.

Funny you mention Saad. I think he is responsible for pushing Morin into an expendable role (aside from injury and Morin, himself). The future is still Toews and Kane. Those guys are like 23 or so now? Tons of great hockey left, god willing.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad has a bit to go before he belongs in the NHL.

Dude looked out of place at the start of the season.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny you mention Saad. I think he is responsible for pushing Morin into an expendable role (aside from injury and Morin, himself). The future is still Toews and Kane. Those guys are like 23 or so now? Tons of great hockey left, god willing.

I meant as Toews and Kane become older, they'll be the new Toews and Kane, but not AS good.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad has a bit to go before he belongs in the NHL.

Dude looked out of place at the start of the season.

I agree that Saad isn't ready. However, neither of these guys fit now and Saad is a far better prospect than Morin.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Saad isn't ready. However, neither of these guys fit now and Saad is a far better prospect than Morin.

I think Smith is the better fit right now, but the Hawks didn't think he was producing enough and wanted to try something new. Understandable.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
It may be a shot. It could be showcasing Morin for an upcoming trade.
I heard that on twitter too from a few guys
Nice game by Morin tonight.
Disagree....looked like the game was too fast for him
Why would they showcase Morin? Hawks need some sand paper in the top 6.

He provides it.
Let's wait a bit until we declare him the sandpaper...remember Bickell was also the sandpaper when he broke in.

I think morin was trying to really make himself noticeable tonight with the few hits...lets see if he keeps it up
J, surely you know how badly I want a bonafide top 6 power forward. Realistically considering Morin is the answer to this is well, really stretching it. Improving the defense corps takes precedence. The team needs that more.
Agree

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I meant as Toews and Kane become older, they'll be the new Toews and Kane, but not AS good.

I disagree.

Both Toews/Kane are both about 7 years away from hitting 30 - when a player USUALLY may start to decline and won't be "as" good. However, with the way players work out and keep their bodies in shape, that number of 30 seems to be getting pushed back every day.

Also, you brought up Bruno and Hossa. Brunette is likely gone after this year so I wouldn't worry much about him and Hossa is 32, signed for a while, and putting up his best year yet in the Blackhawks sweater.

Saad/Morin won't be the new Toews/Kane and there will likely be plenty of prospects to come and go by the time you need to think about replacing these two (unless you lose them to free agency). There are going to be guys that come out of no where and guys like Morin/Saad who are labeled busts by then.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
In terms of Morin's game last night...

Morin has always reminded me of Brouwer, but with a better shot. Morin throws his body around and will provide that sandpaper, but injuries have been a big issue with Morin because of the "reckless" way he plays hockey at times. Morin's big issue, which I agree w/ Tbo was very apparent last night, is his food speed. Brouwer could never hack it at the NHL level until his foot speed improved - he played great at the AHL but couldn't adjust to the speed in the NHL. After watching Morin last night, I have my doubts that he sticks in the NHL w/ the Hawks for much longer, and I believe he will probably be in the AHL before long.

In terms of him being brought up for trade bait...I don't think he is being brought up for that reason at all. When you are fighting for top spot in the League, West, and Division...you don't bring up players just to showcase them for a trade. The Blackhawks brought up Morin because they felt he could help them out in their current position. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Morin's name is being tossed around between Bowman and a few GMs, as he is one of the Blackhawks top ranked prospects.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree.

Both Toews/Kane are both about 7 years away from hitting 30 - when a player USUALLY may start to decline and won't be "as" good. However, with the way players work out and keep their bodies in shape, that number of 30 seems to be getting pushed back every day.

Also, you brought up Bruno and Hossa. Brunette is likely gone after this year so I wouldn't worry much about him and Hossa is 32, signed for a while, and putting up his best year yet in the Blackhawks sweater.

Saad/Morin won't be the new Toews/Kane and there will likely be plenty of prospects to come and go by the time you need to think about replacing these two (unless you lose them to free agency). There are going to be guys that come out of no where and guys like Morin/Saad who are labeled busts by then.

I'm more looking forward to in five or so years when Toews and Kane are 28 and Morin, Saad, Smith, and so on are probably on the Hawks. Morin and Smith are a great combo when they're together (they play on the same line in Rockford)

That's what I was trying to say. It just came out really weird.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'm more looking forward to in five or so years when Toews and Kane are 28 and Morin, Saad, Smith, and so on are probably on the Hawks. Morin and Smith are a great combo when they're together (they play on the same line in Rockford)

That's what I was trying to say. It just came out really weird.

I'd be very, very surprised if Smith is on the Blackhawks in five years...

When Toews/Kane are 28 they should still be in their prime and playing some great hockey.

A lot is going to change by then...I wouldn't be too concerned.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be very, very surprised if Smith is on the Blackhawks in five years...

When Toews/Kane are 28 they should still be in their prime and playing some great hockey.

A lot is going to change by then...I wouldn't be too concerned.

I disagree about Smith. The organization likes him and looks really highly upon him.

You just said exactly what I'm saying about Toews and Kane. They'll be in their prime and there will still be good young guys on the team.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Why would they showcase Morin? Hawks need some sand paper in the top 6.

He provides it.

Just saw that Morin registered a whopping 1 hit in his debut...

I know you like hitting stats (since Seabrook and Bickell are "pussies" for not hitting)

1 hit is a whole lot of sandpaper huh?