Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The First Round of the NFL Draft is already in the rear view mirror. Thanks to the Jay Cutler trade, the Bears were on the sidelines watching all the other kids play last night. Missing the first round might not be such a big deal, since Jerry Angelo's draft moves haven't exactly set the world on fire.

Check out this gallery for the Worst Jerry Angelo Draft picks. The picks are in chronological order rather than magnitude of badness. To be fair, I didn't even include last season's draft class because it's still too early to judge, but the early returns are not good aside from Johnny Knox.

Read more: Jerry Angelo's Worst Draft Moves - Fire Lovie Smith

Jerry Angelo's Worst Draft Moves - Fire Lovie Smith

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wasn't aware Jerry Angelo drafted Thomas Jones.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't aware Jerry Angelo drafted Thomas Jones.

No, he didn't...but trading him and another pick for a 3rd round pick was stupid...I think that's what he was trying to get at.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
That article seems to have forgotten one of his worst draft picks ever in David Terrell. I know it is painful for all of you who had forgotten that name and I apologize for bringing back painful memories.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think, David Terrell was Hatley. I might be wrong, but I wanna say a year after Terrell and A-Train were drafted was when Angelo was hired.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No, he didn't...but trading him and another pick for a 3rd round pick was stupid...I think that's what he was trying to get at.
Well he didn't do a good job of explaining that if that is the case.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think, David Terrell was Hatley. I might be wrong, but I wanna say a year after Terrell and A-Train were drafted was when Angelo was hired.

Correct. The 2001 draft was by Hatley..Angelo was hired shortly after the draft. 2002 to present is all Angelo.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Although he is correct in that Terrell was probably one of the worst draft picks in the organizations history.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones wanted to be traded and JA promised him he would. People don't understand this which is sad. It wasn't a bad move

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones wanted to be traded and JA promised him he would. People don't understand this which is sad. It wasn't a bad move

The pick we got was just misused.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can his ass & get someone in here that knows how to draft!!

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Can we throw Al Afalava on the the top?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Correct. The 2001 draft was by Hatley..Angelo was hired shortly after the draft. 2002 to present is all Angelo.

Incorrect...kind of. Angelo really didn't have much in the way of power until after Jauron was fired. The first draft JA really fully controlled was the 2004 draft. Jauron has stipulations in his contract giving him pretty broad personnel powers..especially in relation to the draft.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incorrect...kind of. Angelo really didn't have much in the way of power until after Jauron was fired. The first draft JA really fully controlled was the 2004 draft. Jauron has stipulations in his contract giving him pretty broad personnel powers..especially in relation to the draft.
:yep:
Jauron is an awful head coach

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

But, his desire to be traded was directly related to a bad draft pick (Benson)...

So...there ya go...I guess....

Status
Not open for further replies.