FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:yep:
Jauron is an awful head coach

I wouldn't say he's awful.

Average to below average yes. But he's really well respected around the league and frankly his only head caoching stops have been at some pretty bad teams. That 2001 Bears team was smoke and mirrors and not even the best team in their own division. JA then pretty much blew that team up from around him.

The fact that the 2003 Bears went 7-9 is a small miracle.

Detroit...well yeah....

Buffalo was an average team when he was there and that's pretty much where Jauron had them.

He's not a great head coach by any stretch but in all honesty and IMO he's no worse than a guy like Norv Turner.
He's not a real difference maker as a HC.

He's not going to make an average or good team great. But he's also not going to make a good or average team bad either.

Last edited:

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There shouldn't be a thread Jerry Angelo worst anything...the fact is that this guy is the worst at just about everything in my book.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say he's awful.

Average to below average yes. But he's really well respected around the league and frankly his only head caoching stops have been at some pretty bad teams. That 2001 Bears team was smoke and mirrors and not even the best team in their own division. JA then pretty much blew that team up from around him.

The fact that the 2003 Bears went 7-9 is a small miracle.

Detroit...well yeah....

Buffalo was an average team when he was there and that's pretty much where Jauron had them.

He's not a great head coach by any stretch but in all honesty and IMO he's no worse than a guy like Norv Turner.
He's not a real difference maker as a HC.

He's not going to make an average or good team great. But he's also not going to make a good or average team bad either.

I love your reference to Norv Turner. ROFLMAO ! Sad but true.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The only option JA had with Thomas Jones was to trade him or put the teams RB cap number at a ridiculous number, but the value for him was the awful part of it... though it's hard when every team knows you have to trade him...

Almost half of that list, maybe just 4, were guys with talent who failed as Bears because JA drafted them with injury concerns or they got freak injury issues here. That's not including Chris Williams who likely could be added to that list soon and their injury evaluation has been a big issue.

JA has a talent and place in this league, just not as a GM just maybe as a scout director where his influence will matter in those later rounds and less for a team early on. Should be fired this year even if they somehow make the playoffs, I think that would be the smartest move of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.