Jerry Reinsdorf speaks on current state of the Bulls

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Krause was better based on Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen alone...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jordan, I believe, Was the highest paid basketball player in his generation and before. How much more should the have given him? Don't forget, also, that he took two years off to try his father's dream of his playing baseball? Those were two years in which he was at the height of his ability.

To me it was the "zen meister" Phil who stoked the anger at Krause and Reinny more than anyone. Phil always considered himself the smartest guy on the court and in the room. He broke up the dynasty more than anyone else.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago fans never cease to amaze me with their fandom and unconditional loyalty for local teams.

No other city would teams get away with charging league high prices to attend games, earning record high profits from ticket sales and residuals, while fielding mediocre teams literally for decades. The Blackhawks, arguably the best run organization in all of sports right now, being the lone exception.

You really need to come back to reality, Hawk. The Bulls are not, and have never been better than the Heat since LeBron, Wade and Bosh joined that team. And it's not even close. All three of those players are capable of scoring 30-40 points by themselves on any given night. The Bulls have one player who was capable of doing that. Simple math tells me 3 is greater than 1. That's basically what it boils down to, and that is why the Heat are the defending world champs two years and counting.

I knew the Bulls chances of ever catching the Heat were doomed when they gave all that money to Carlos Boozer. Everyone with knowledge about the NBA thought the Bulls should have done better than that. The Bulls FO failed Rose, failed themselves and ultimately failed the Bulls fans who sell out every game and spend money on premium tv to watch. That young man's talent has been wasted by mismanagement. I have no doubt that Rose's legs would be in better shape had the Bulls surrounded him with more talent instead of the offensively challenged, limited role bench type players the Bulls enjoy assembling so much (cheap asses).

Please do not consider Chris Bosh as a star in this league for starters. He's just a smidgen better than Boozer over-all. Better scorer, lesser rebounder. both suck on defense. Saying also, that the Bulls could be characterized as a "mediocre team" is just incorrect. Healthy they were and did beat the Miami Heat. Take Lebron off that so-called "powerful" team and they do not win one championship. The Bulls had the better defense, better bench, better rebounding, and better coach.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Please do not consider Chris Bosh as a star in this league for starters. He's just a smidgen better than Boozer over-all. Better scorer, lesser rebounder. both suck on defense. Saying also, that the Bulls could be characterized as a "mediocre team" is just incorrect. Healthy they were and did beat the Miami Heat. Take Lebron off that so-called "powerful" team and they do not win one championship. The Bulls had the better defense, better bench, better rebounding, and better coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that because the Bulls beat them in a regular season game, it means they were the better team?

In regards to Chris Bosh, he would be the leading scorer on most teams in the NBA, including the Bulls.

Bosh is a star player who's talent is diminished by the presence of LeBron. Comparing him to Boozer is outrageously naive.

The Heat "do not win one championship" without LeBron. Ok, so what are you saying? I don't see the point of such an obvious statement. They can't win without Wade and Bosh either. It takes more than on star to win a championship, and obviously taking the best player away from any team is a show stopper.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
Actually, that is a tough argument. They're both in the same mold. Same strengths, same weaknesses. Same Jerry type guys. One looks like Violator from Spawn, the other kind of looks like a normal human being. That is the key difference.

Yeah sad commentary. If krause looked like pat Riley he'd be a Chicago legend. Paxson never got us a player like Scottie pippen except with a #1 pick he lucked into. Never really even got us a player as good as Rodman except for Rose either.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:

But a) you win with the stars at the TOP of your roster so why do you want to "not count Lebron"...? b) pretty easy to have a deep team, good bench etc when you decide not to get a second star no?

Also is Chris bosh a bad defender at the 4?? In 2011 boozer and Noah shot horrible FG%s in the ECF. bosh is only a bad defender when they ask him to guard players like Duncan and hibbert that he's giving up 35-60 freaking lbs. To.

Bosh could pass as a mediocre #2 option on most title teams. He's no pippen or mchale but he's better than joe Dinars or rip Hamilton and he's certainly better than Noah and Deng.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
The Lakers wouldn't have won one title without magic lol.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But a) you win with the stars at the TOP of your roster so why do you want to "not count Lebron"...? b) pretty easy to have a deep team, good bench etc when you decide not to get a second star no?

Also is Chris bosh a bad defender at the 4?? In 2011 boozer and Noah shot horrible FG%s in the ECF. bosh is only a bad defender when they ask him to guard players like Duncan and hibbert that he's giving up 35-60 freaking lbs. To.

Bosh could pass as a mediocre #2 option on most title teams. He's no pippen or mchale but he's better than joe Dinars or rip Hamilton and he's certainly better than Noah and Deng.

I was making an analogy about Lebron and Rose. Both are stars above pretty much the rest of the league. The Bulls lost Rose for two years with an injury. The Heat had Lebron throughout. That is just simply bad luck for the Bulls and good luck for the Heat. My analogy is true. Take Lebron off of the Heat for the same period of time, and they do not win either championship.

As for Chris Bosh, He could not pass as a number two option on a championship caliber team whatever that means. No more than Boozer could. He also is not anywhere near a player as Noah. Noah is the best passing center in the NBA. He is also one of its best rebounders and defenders. Bosh is not close in those categories. He is a slightly better than average power forward who is primarily a spot up shooter. Those kind of guys are really much easier to find than an athletic guy who can guard 4s, 5s, and even some 3s.

Hoodey

Liked Posts:
I was making an analogy about Lebron and Rose. Both are stars above pretty much the rest of the league. The Bulls lost Rose for two years with an injury. The Heat had Lebron throughout. That is just simply bad luck for the Bulls and good luck for the Heat. My analogy is true. Take Lebron off of the Heat for the same period of time, and they do not win either championship.

As for Chris Bosh, He could not pass as a number two option on a championship caliber team whatever that means. No more than Boozer could. He also is not anywhere near a player as Noah. Noah is the best passing center in the NBA. He is also one of its best rebounders and defenders. Bosh is not close in those categories. He is a slightly better than average power forward who is primarily a spot up shooter. Those kind of guys are really much easier to find than an athletic guy who can guard 4s, 5s, and even some 3s.

Why not compare the rose-less bulls to the 94 bulls if you think Noah is so good. They lost Michael freaking Jordan, won 55 games, took the finalist Knicks 7 games and should have won that series. Did the bulls win 55 games or even look competitive in the playoffs?

Lmao bosh's PER Before he joined Lebron was 25.0! Without looking I'm not sure Scottie Pippen ever has a season that high. Bosh is no pippen but he's definitely better than Noah, who I wouldn't take over Horace Grant . Noah has no individual offense. To lack that you better be Dennis Rodman defensively. He's not. Best passer? At the worst passing position. That's like bragging about Marc Jackson being the best post up point guard in the league lol.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Come on man, you're smarter than that. What's better, a passer or a scorer?

And for $@#&sake, watch a game or check the game stats. Noah gets abused by every dominate big man in the game. People tend to overlook that because they like Noah's work ethic, but he's not half as good as he was three years ago. He's barely average against real talent and can't score in the paint to save his behind. Letting him take 15 footers is epic fail too.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why not compare the rose-less bulls to the 94 bulls if you think Noah is so good. They lost Michael freaking Jordan, won 55 games, took the finalist Knicks 7 games and should have won that series. Did the bulls win 55 games or even look competitive in the playoffs?

Lmao bosh's PER Before he joined Lebron was 25.0! Without looking I'm not sure Scottie Pippen ever has a season that high. Bosh is no pippen but he's definitely better than Noah, who I wouldn't take over Horace Grant . Noah has no individual offense. To lack that you better be Dennis Rodman defensively. He's not. Best passer? At the worst passing position. That's like bragging about Marc Jackson being the best post up point guard in the league lol.

So, you are saying that a guy who out rebounds, out passes, out defends another and scores somewhat less doesn't count as the better over-all player? Then you want to somehow compare this current team to the 94 Bulls? What the heck is the point of that? It makes no sense. Bosh compared to Pippin? Hilarious. Why not compare him to Larry Legend? It makes just about as much sense. YOu may not know this, but Pippin and Rodman are both in the basketball HOF. The only way, Bosh gets in is if he is a presenter for Wade and Lebron or buys a ticket.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Come on man, you're smarter than that. What's better, a passer or a scorer?

And for $@#&sake, watch a game or check the game stats. Noah gets abused by every dominate big man in the game. People tend to overlook that because they like Noah's work ethic, but he's not half as good as he was three years ago. He's barely average against real talent and can't score in the paint to save his behind. Letting him take 15 footers is epic fail too.

Lets see. You are now saying that Noah is "not half as good as he was three years ago"? I suggest that you take that comment back. It seems like he has just been named to his 2nd all-star team in a row:)

I do watch basketball and in my book at their respective positions I would take a guy who is an excellent passer, good rebounder, and solid defender at three different positions and a solid double double guy to a guy who stands out 15 or more feet, shoots jump shots and basically is a very soft player(which Bosh really is).