Jersey Numbers

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
bullsman24 wrote:
dude, what if lebron james says he'll sign with us if we'll let him wear the #23??? what a conundrum...

Lerbon could go to hell.
Amen my brotha!!;)

They would not only give James the number, but if he asked, melt the statue of Jordan so Lebron would have a place to sit in the locker room.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
dude, i can't believe that the knicks didn't tell jerome JAMES to wear number 23 last year on the knicks, which reminds me of a certain person who NYC really wants who's last name is james and who wears 23...

dude...do you know how many jersey sales that would give the knicks? james #23?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They would not only give James the number, but if he asked, melt the statue of Jordan so Lebron would have a place to sit in the locker room.

NOOOOOOOOO! That is like saying the Yankees would have given Mickey Mantle Babe Ruth's number 3 just because he wanted it. I don't think Reinsdorf would acquiesce that easily. Matter of fact he wouldn't even bend let alone break.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

NOOOOOOOOO! That is like saying the Yankees would have given Mickey Mantle Babe Ruth's number 3 just because he wanted it. I don't think Reinsdorf would acquiesce that easily. Matter of fact he wouldn't even bend let alone break.

The analogy is flawed in multiple ways.

Mickey Mantle wasn't a free agent.

Mickey Mantle wasn't the greatest player in the game (To be honest, he may never have been at any point).

Jerry is no fool. He'd even give him part of the team if he had to. Lebron on the Bulls as a Free Agent means multiple championships. He's worth any cost.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Then you don't retire numbers, Mickey Mantle was supposed to be the greatest ever, many said that he would have been the greatest if not for injuries. At one time in the 1950's, he was considered the best in the game by many. My point is that some things are just sacrilege. There was talk about retiring Jordan's number league wide...which I am against but still his impact on the game, and the world through sports may be unprecedented, and definitely so in basketball history.

Jerry is no fool. He'd even give him part of the team if he had to. Lebron on the Bulls as a Free Agent means multiple championships. He's worth any cost.

You must be talking about Seinfeld, not Reinsdorf....he aint giving Lebron a damn thing except a contract, that is it. No #23 and DEFINITELY no parts of the team...you don't follow Chicago sports much if you think any different. His children will get the teams he owns, that is what he wants. Sorry, wrong guy for that stuff...

Plus, do you realize how much money the Bulls make comparable to other teams in the league? They sold out the arena with Hersey Hawkins, Ron Mercer and Bryce Drew on the team, why would he give ownership of any percentage to any player to join one of the unique franchises in sports? You gotta be kidding...

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
haha, well now to the point of this thread...

james johnson will wear #16 to match his draft selection, taj gibson will be his #22 from USC. so i guess we kinda thought of them...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully #22 is not cursed and Gibson will not destroy himself in a motorcycle accident. :p

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aah #22 is my favourite number and I (as a self created player) have it in NBA live for years.

So when NBA live 10 comes out I will have to think about the numbers again. :laugh:

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
yeah, me too with 13...but hey, i'd rather have noah than a number :D

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you think which number will Pargo get? Salmons already has 15 which Pargo had when he played for the Bulls couple of years ago.

Liked Posts:
Are there any players who played well forever on a team but for some reason still don't have their number retired?

How about Jerome Kersey's number 25 in Portland? He only had 76 good seasons there...went to the finals...c'mon.

How about Charles Oakley's number 34 in New York? It's sacriligious seeing Eddy Curry in it. Retire it already.

And for goodness sake, when you retire a number, keep it retired (Gugliotta being allowed to wear Tom Chambers Suns 24; Alvan Adams okay'ing Grant Hill to wear 33)!

Should the Bulls retire Pax's and Kerr's numbers?

Hit some pretty big shots; won their share of rings...