JF knew by Jan. 8 Bears didn’t want him, Fields was okay being traded to Steelers as a QB2

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
if he knew 2 days earlier he could have taken the steelers QB room by STORM and maybe kept Russell Wilson out of Pitt!!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just wonder if they told him he was going to be traded prior to Jan 8th or if he figured it out because they removed him from all of the group chats and team emails.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"While Fields probably won’t usurp Wilson as Steelers QB1 this season, he’s likely their best option for 2025."

As a FA...??

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be awfully strange that the teams extend the backup QB while the starting QB is playing, who will also be a FA next season?
It’s a weird situation all together

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ur mom knew from day 8 she didnt want you.

msadows

Liked Posts:
"While Fields probably won’t usurp Wilson as Steelers QB1 this season, he’s likely their best option for 2025."

As a FA...??

Call me crazy, but wouldn't it be awfully strange that the teams extend the backup QB while the starting QB is playing, who will also be a FA next season?

Not one player in the NFL wants russ as his QB.

Dont think he's much better than fields as a QB at this point, its not a matter of if but when. I can't see george pickens being happy with Russ.

Now if fields is a good QB going forward is a whole different animal.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

As a FA...??

Age and $$$. Steelers have the most cost effective QB room outside Houston and hopefully the Bear

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if he knew 2 days earlier he could have taken the steelers QB room by STORM and maybe kept Russell Wilson out of Pitt!!!
Did you forget what Pitt is paying Wilson or that they were surely speaking days before the signing?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Dont think he's much better than fields as a QB at this point, its not a matter of if but when. I can't see george pickens being happy with Russ.

And you really think Pickens would be happy with Fields? Lmaoooo

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Age and $$$. Steelers have the most cost effective QB room outside Houston and hopefully the Bear
Well #1 over all draft picks aren’t exactly cheap… certainly not as cheap as say the last player selected in the draft.. *cough* PURDY.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And you really think Pickens would be happy with Fields? Lmaoooo
Pickens would work well with both of them. He’s at his most dangerous in the deep passing game, and that’s what those 2 do best. Russell might be a personality issue but Fields did help recruit Pickens to UGA before he left for OSU.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Here come the nuthuggers

Wilson much better than Fields last year