Jim Brown…. HE GONE!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I played golf with him when I was 15 years old but really good and he was mean to me for most of the day and I didn’t even try and bother him. Didn’t get the best vibes but it was one time.

But what I remember most were the size of his grips and how heavy his clubs were, not to mention his shoes looked like clown shoes with shorts.

Oh and he sucked!

But rest in piece sir! Truly a great talent

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Dang.

I don't know about any afterlife, but I'd like to see an angel try to keep him out of heaven. One last punch into the end zone, ya know?

Jokes aside, he led an incredible life and I hope his family finds comfort. RIP

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
OJ Simpson was in the list.

I find it amusing that Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith (the guy with the rushing record, regardless of how he got it) weren't in anyone's lists.
The falsely accused OJ Simpson.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
OJ Simpson was in the list.

I find it amusing that Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith (the guy with the rushing record, regardless of how he got it) weren't in anyone's lists.
Even after getting the rushing record, Emmitt Smith still said he thought Walter Payton was still the best of all time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Even after getting the rushing record, Emmitt Smith still said he thought Walter Payton was still the best of all time.
yeah, think that was an Ashton Kutcher story in Walter Payton's A Football Life also. I can't hate Emmitt Smith for that (he played for 2 seasons longer than Payton). I don't really understand the contemporary disrespect for Payton, anyone that saw him play would tell you he was seriously the most complete football player ever. additionally Jim Brown was a huge proponent for him because he played with heart and didn't run out of bounds. I enjoy watching him inflict damage on defenders. bringing the narrative full circle here.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah, think that was an Ashton Kutcher story in Walter Payton's A Football Life also. I can't hate Emmitt Smith for that (he played for 2 seasons longer than Payton). I don't really understand the contemporary disrespect for Payton, anyone that saw him play would tell you he was seriously the most complete football player ever. additionally Jim Brown was a huge proponent for him because he played with heart and didn't run out of bounds. I enjoy watching him inflict damage on defenders. bringing the narrative full circle here.
I think the big knock on Waltar Peyton was that he didn't celebrate the superbowl W with his team mates because he didn't manage to score a TD. He was so mad at his team and in particularly The Fridge for getting a rushing TD that he thought he deserved, and never took ownership of his own poor performance and the fact he fumbled the ball in the first quarter, which Ditka even tried to cover it up by having McMahon take responsibility for calling the wrong play (lol, not sure why that caused Walter to drop the ball on the turf but OKAYYYY)

Anways, after the game he hid in a dressing room broom closet and cried while his team mates were out popping bottles and having the time of their lives. Story goes that Matt Suhey tried to check on him and Payton slammed the door in his face.

Poor sport, sore loser even though his team won despite his crappy play that night.

CC: @Chief Walking Stick

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think the big knock on Waltar Peyton was that he didn't celebrate the superbowl W with his team mates because he didn't manage to score a TD. He was so mad at his team and in particularly The Fridge for getting a rushing TD that he thought he deserved, and never took ownership of his own poor performance and the fact he fumbled the ball in the first quarter, which Ditka even tried to cover it up by having McMahon take responsibility for calling the wrong play (lol, not sure why that caused Walter to drop the ball on the turf but OKAYYYY)

Anways, after the game he hid in a dressing room broom closet and cried while his team mates were out popping bottles and having the time of their lives. Story goes that Matt Suhey tried to check on him and Payton slammed the door in his face.

Poor sport, sore loser even though his team won despite his crappy play that night.

CC: @Chief Walking Stick
it's often theorized that the reason the Patriots lost that game so badly is because they had the defense going after Payton the entire game. I still don't understand how they beat the Dolphins to get there in the first place. Grimson's also just talking shit. ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
it's often theorized that the reason the Patriots lost that game so badly is because they had the defense going after Payton the entire game. I still don't understand how they beat the Dolphins to get there in the first place. Grimson's also just talking shit. ?
Payton had a fumble and 61 yards but somehow that's because the Patriots were a defensive powerhouse, despite losing by 36 points? okay thanks

Washington

Liked Posts:
Payton and Emmitt Smith definitely deserve to be in the top 5 of all time RBs. Interesting seeing people that probably were not even alive and/or never ever saw Payton play commenting on him. I believe Payton missed 1 game in his entire career due to injury. Find me another RB that has done that. He was a punishing and amazing RB. When the team got down to the 1, it was an automatic TD. Payton "over the top" could not be stopped. Payton played with some terrible Olines until the team turned the corner in '84, yet he always produced. A great man died way too early.

Zero2Cool

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Boston Red Sox
  2. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Barry Sanders dad said Jim Brown was better than his son. I believe Barry also looked up to Jim Brown a lot, or at least admired him greatly. Being the massive Barry fan, that connection was the only reason I ever sought out Jim Brown clips.

I agree with the statement that Walter Payton deserves top five RB consideration. Absolutely agree.