Jimmy Butler Extension Discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We have Bird Rights so no matter what contract we gets, we can sign him.
Yep, and if we go deep in the playoffs, especially a Finals appearance this season, Reinsdorf will bite the bullet and pay the tax for a year. The Bulls will likely find a way to get under that tax by the next season after that though so as to not be repeat offenders.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gibson will be a big time trade plum next year. With Mirotic igniting the offense, Gibson can be expendable. I love the guy but they could use another top notch perimeter player. The jury is still out on McDermott and Dunleavy is getting older. In addition the trade value for Gibson will be very high. Another need for next year is to lock down a viable talented young center which are few and far between. Someone who can develop behind Noah and fill in when he goes down.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gibson will be a big time trade plum next year. With Mirotic igniting the offense, Gibson can be expendable. I love the guy but they could use another top notch perimeter player. The jury is still out on McDermott and Dunleavy is getting older. In addition the trade value for Gibson will be very high. Another need for next year is to lock down a viable talented young center which are few and far between. Someone who can develop behind Noah and fill in when he goes down.
I could see Gibson being the victim next season as the Bulls will want to probably stay close to or under the luxury tax. I can also see Gibson staying another year depending on what the Bulls do this season. They may roll with the same talent again for one more year. I can see Reinsdorf paying the tax 1 season, but not 2 due to the penalties.