Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMFAO

Love how you pick and choose what you want to copy and paste. Latter in the same article:

The rumors during the offseason were the Browns were offering multiple first-round picks for him, but on Monday night NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport said the Patriots were never offered a first-round pick, just a second and a little more.

So yeah, trades for JG were shut down. No shit Sherlock.

Ahh yeah. Your "proof" is from a Bears driven reporting site, the same type of which states that Ryan Pace had complete autonomy in the hiring of the head coach Fox. Isn't it funny how those sites are completely invalid if we are talking about the hiring of Fox, yet totally valid when it fits your narrative. Again, If the Pats were willing to give up JG for a second round pick 8 games into the season, they would have gladly traded him for the third overall pick in the draft + a third rounder prior to the draft. This isn't rocket science.

The bolded part just reinforces Calabis. Pats were offered more than a 2 and turned it down. Nobody offered a 1 which was, at best, the minimum on draft day. NE fanning a desire to keep him was an unsuccessful value play as proven by this trade. That said, if a GM thinks he's the guy, a 1 is not too much. Problem was that no one thought so at the time. Doesn't make them right and they all get it wrong at that position at times but that is how it played out.

Also if they thought him as good as some here, they could have non exclusive tagged him after this year and got some high picks but that had already proven to be too dear to pull off without more tape.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bolded part just reinforces Calabis. Pats were offered more than a 2 and turned it down. Nobody offered a 1 which was, at best, the minimum on draft day. NE fanning a desire to keep him was an unsuccessful value play as proven by this trade. That said, if a GM thinks he's the guy, a 1 is not too much. Problem was that no one thought so at the time. Doesn't make them right and they all get it wrong at that position at times but that is how it played out.

Also if they thought him as good as some here, they could have non exclusive tagged him after this year and got some high picks but that had already proven to be too dear to pull off without more tape.

My position is that JG could have been had for the same draft capital that was used to get MT. The fact of the matter is, that offer was never made. And for that reason, comparison's are legit/fair, regardless of who has more experience. Arguing who was the better risk is a matter of opinion. I am of the opinion JG carried less risk (and that is not saying he carried no risk), for the same cost. I expressed those feelings (as did others posting on this thread) in the off-season leading up to the draft. Had I and others been proven wrong, well then we would have been wrong. To date it looks like we were right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There were those that felt the same. In fact JG had less risk than any rookie QB. The issue was perceived potential and value at the time. NE probably would have taken Trubs, LOL. He would fit profile of a top talent with enough time to groom and then some for Brady's eventual retirement.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My position is that JG could have been had for the same draft capital that was used to get MT. The fact of the matter is, that offer was never made. And for that reason, comparison's are legit/fair, regardless of who has more experience. Arguing who was the better risk is a matter of opinion. I am of the opinion JG carried less risk (and that is not saying he carried no risk), for the same cost. I expressed those feelings (as did others posting on this thread) in the off-season leading up to the draft. Had I and others been proven wrong, well then we would have been wrong. To date it looks like we were right.

You don't know what offers were made, just your speculation. The fact of the matter was, NE during the period leading up to the draft wanted 2 first rnd picks for Jimi G.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't know what offers were made, just your speculation. The fact of the matter was, NE during the period leading up to the draft wanted 2 first rnd picks for Jimi G.

I was using the link provided by the one of the guys making the counter argument. Common sense dictates that if BB was willing to accept a 2nd rnd pick, 8 games into the season, he would have considered the Bears 1st, two thirds, and a 4th (what it costs to get MT). I will even go as far as to say they would have taken the Bears 1st and third rnd pick. You can argue that is speculation on my part, but I can counter with the fact at this point it is speculation that MT will turn out to be a franchise QB.

I am not sure why hesitation (as suggested by others) on how Brady would perform this year (age), as the reasoning why NE wanted to hold JG, and how that magically disappears next season. It was always about getting value for JG (to BB).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was purposely bogus as an example of your own comparative idiocy. Now 2 fold.
:beer:
Never stated an opinion about Watson here and used him in an obviously bogus example. I'm already on record that he should be ROY. You're the one that got his panties in a bunch and continued to run with it like we were actually comparing them.

Now give me a few paragraphs about what I meant, you meant, some unrelated minutia you can be right about and make that the new point of reference.
:jackson:

Cool story bro! Point is you brought it up not me.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Another bad assumption by you. You are underestimating how Jimmy's contract status affected his trade value combined with the timing of these events. The Pats put themselves in a low leverage situation waiting until the trade deadline in Jimmy's final year of his contract. Then there is the possibility Jimmy doesn't want to play for your team with his contract set to expire. Then there is the fact that you have to pay Jimmy. All of these factors lowers his trade value tremendously. Your whole premise is off base.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMFAO

Love how you pick and choose what you want to copy and paste. Latter in the same article:

The rumors during the offseason were the Browns were offering multiple first-round picks for him, but on Monday night NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport said the Patriots were never offered a first-round pick, just a second and a little more.

Ahh yeah. Your "proof" is from a Bears driven reporting site, the same type of which states that Ryan Pace had complete autonomy in the hiring of the head coach Fox. Isn't it funny how those sites are completely invalid if we are talking about the hiring of Fox, yet totally valid when it fits your narrative. Again, If the Pats were willing to give up JG for a second round pick 8 games into the season, they would have gladly traded him for the third overall pick in the draft + a third rounder prior to the draft. This isn't rocket science.

Dude, you are about dumb

Bears driven report site???....it posts Adam Schefter's tweet, what the hell are you babbling about

Ed Werder tweet is on the web

The other article is what was posted by whoever the hell that guy was from CSN

The other one was after the 49ers trade from a guy WEEI Sports Radio Network

All that there and now I'm picking and choosing.....you are a lost cause. Have fun making up your hypothetical revisionist trades.....apparently he wasn't getting traded and no team offered a 1st round or a top 5 pick for him...yet according to you, we should have given a 1st and 3rd.

Here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...one-offered-for-jimmy-garoppolo-in-offseason/

Now please be quiet...in before the Bears paid this guy to say what he said and paid CBS

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool story bro! Point is you brought it up not me.

Point is that someone called you on arguing Watson and you decided to pass blame and insult me about it so if the foo shits...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, you are about dumb

Bears driven report site???....it posts Adam Schefter's tweet, what the hell are you babbling about

All that there and now I'm picking and choosing.....you are a lost cause. Have fun making up your hypothetical revisionist trades.....apparently he wasn't getting traded and no team offered a 1st round or a top 5 pick for him...yet according to you, we should have given a 1st and 3rd.

Here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...one-offered-for-jimmy-garoppolo-in-offseason/

Now please be quiet...in before the Bears paid this guy to say what he said and paid CBS

Thanks, I revoke my speculation. Though I rarely take BB at face value, it's better than nothing.:beer:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dude, you are about dumb

Here:

He's too busy trying to figure out when his favorite team the Lions will actually be contenders. Hint: not any time soon

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, you are about dumb

Here:

Your link: http://bearswire.usatoday.com

Your about as dense as they come.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LMFAO

That Bears site link is based off a linked tweet from national reporter Adam Schefter. How is it not as valid as any other?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Point is that someone called you on arguing Watson and you decided to pass blame and insult me about it so if the foo shits...

Not sure how it is passing blame when you brought Watson up. I'd say blame was placed at the foot of the right person.

And TBD has a bit of a fixation with me from the B&I threads and so the fact he ignored you bringing up Watson is not surprising.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...you sir are getting pathetic, you were wrong...now move on

Show me where, anywhere, that an offer was made to NE for Jimmy for a first and a third, until then stfu. One of your own links that you posted states point blank no such offer was made...end of story....and of argument. Talk about pathetic.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Show me where, anywhere, that an offer was made to NE for Jimmy for a first and a third, until then stfu. One of your own links that you posted states point blank no such offer was made...end of story....and of argument. Talk about pathetic.

Wtf are you talking about? Someone please help, I'm debating with bi-polar poster ...I am tapping out....not once did I say or post anything that said he could have been had. I posted that he was never available in the off-season so the comparison is dumb...another poster posted what they wanted for and insane price of two 1st rounders......umm the 1st and 3rd rounder? Im pretty sure that was you.

Never said it was about comparing the two head to head (potential), rather which would have been the better move in the pre-season leading up to the draft to make. And your link? LMAO. He wasn't available then, but suddenly became available 8 games into the season? Or, the bears didn't want to pay the price? I guess BB suddenly had an epiphany before he traded JG to SF for a 2nd rounder. Because, well, that was so much better than the Bears offering up what they payed for MT for (hint hint a 1st and two 3rds, plus a fourth). That's the argument. If you think BB would have turned down a first and a third (saving the bears a 3rd and 4th rounder), your fooling yourself.

Again, If the Pats were willing to give up JG for a second round pick 8 games into the season, they would have gladly traded him for the third overall pick in the draft + a third rounder prior to the draft. This isn't rocket science.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure how it is passing blame when you brought Watson up. I'd say blame was placed at the foot of the right person.

And TBD has a bit of a fixation with me from the B&I threads and so the fact he ignored you bringing up Watson is not surprising.

If you left out dumb in your original post, I'd have let it slide. I guess you should stop crying as you like to say about those that disagree with you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My original post said nothing about Watson. You stupidly brought him up and TBD stupidly responded as if I did started the Watson conversation.

It is not crying to point out why you and his posts were stupid and to correct the record.