1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No we are talking about this one specific game. Against OSU, Watson accounted for 3 TDS and 2 TOs that cost his team zero points.

Against Stanford, Trubisky accounted for 2 TDs and 3 TOs that cost his team 10 points and a sack while outside the pocket that cost his team another 3 points.

So trying to focus on QB rating is odd. Does it matter that he threw or ran for a TD in terms of the points on the board? No.

Watson played better period. I want my NFL QBs to score TDS and I don't care how they doe it. There is no difference to me in a QB throwing a 2 yard pass for a TD vs running it in fromn2 yards out. You are the one trying to fit a narrative by quoting a stat that doesn't tell the whole story.

Trubisky is a top QB prospect. Doesn't change the fact his team lost in large part because of him and Watson's team won in large part because of him. You are free to lIke Trubisky more and I am free to like Watson more.

ok....remy please put the lightsaber down and step away from the body

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• trubisky.jpg
    trubisky.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Watson.jpg
    Watson.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 160

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Freeman and Adam Schefter doubled down on the Pats getting a 1st round pick for Jimmy G.

If that is the case then I am hanging up the phone as soon as I see the Boston area code.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mike Freeman and Adam Schefter doubled down on the Pats getting a 1st round pick for Jimmy G.

If that is the case then I am hanging up the phone as soon as I see the Boston area code.
They may get a 1 but they won't get the #3 overall. The Bears and Pats are not in congruous draft positions to get the Bears 1. NWE would have to give up JG and their 1 and 2 at a minimum. That is still giving up the equivalent of the 9th overall for JG assuming NWE as SB champs. Hell, if they threw in, say, the 26th overall next year that would still be valuing JG at 29th pick in the draft. No way in hell BB does that, and no way JG is worth more than a late 1st. Bears/Pats just don't match up well trade wise.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yeah, it was previously mentioned early in the season it would require a minimim of a 1st round pick with a possibility of a higher pick as well. As the season ended, people started to say a 2nd round pick should do the trick. Doesn't look like that is the case.

Liked Posts:
I really like Jimmy G. Really.

But we sure as shit better not give up #3 overall.

I'd be willing to entertain a swap of 1st round picks with New England, but they'd have to add a pick or two to get me feeling more comfortable with that.

Ideally, we'd give up our 2nd round pick and first 4th round pick for him.

More likely scenario is that Cleveland gives up their second 1st round pick or (even better for them) the 1st pick in the second round, which would allow them to still nab Garrett or Allen #1 overall.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With Fox staying I am not in as big a rush to get a QB in here right now.

2017 has already been thrown onto the Bon fire of the rebuild.

No need to rush the decision at this point.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Matt Barkley started out very well but after a few games teams adjusted to his strengths and exploited his weaknesses.

Jimmy G is better than Matt Barkley but who is to say he wouldn't be exploited the same way that Barkley was by good NFL coaches?

Can the Bears afford to be wrong on a guy who has blown it up in the preseason and in only two regular season games before suffering a shoulder injury?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

They can probably get it from somebody, but hopefully not us. Cards seem like a good fit because they are built to win now, as well as Cleveland with their extra 1st.

No matter how good he can be, that's an asinine asking price from our perspective. The guy played 1 1/2 of a game in a very QB friendly system. Cutler for all his ass warts at least had 2 seasons of evidence before we pulled the trigger on that trade. I'd do a 1st round swap, and that's only off the strength of the the joint practices we had with them and the 1st hand look of him up close.

Otherwise Fuhgeddaboutit. Draft a QB.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wonder if maybe 2016 2nd round, and 2017 1st round would do it? I agree no way I give up the #3 overall pick this year for him.... he didn't look THAT good.

I would be ok with Jimmy G at a reasonable price but I am still one of the few banging the table for AJ McCarron. I just got a good vibe about him, think he has been in the league long enough, think he's shown enough on the field, is a proven leader, has all the qualities you want in a starter. He's not going to put up Brees/BradyRodgers numbers but with a solid defense I think he is someone you can win with.

Just from what I have seen I would take him over any of the rookies coming out at this juncture. And Bears could take BPA at #3 overall if they landed him, preferably Garrett, Allen, Hooker, or Adams.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
With Fox staying I am not in as big a rush to get a QB in here right now.

2017 has already been thrown onto the Bon fire of the rebuild.

No need to rush the decision at this point.

I'm thinking it entirely banks on what McDaniels does anyway right now.

Even in the, Cassell going to KC deal it wasn't just any random team traded, it was still Bill trading with his guys in Scott Pioli. Unless someone does throw a dumbly high 1st at there, I'd think JG is likely to follow if McDaniels chooses a team without an established QB which San Fran or LA are.

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking it entirely banks on what McDaniels does anyway right now.

Even in the, Cassell going to KC deal it wasn't just any random team traded, it was still Bill trading with his guys in Scott Pioli. Unless someone does throw a dumbly high 1st at there, I'd think JG is likely to follow if McDaniels chooses a team without an established QB which San Fran or LA are.

No way LA ownership allows their next coach to give up on the #1 overall pick after one season.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I wonder if maybe 2016 2nd round, and 2017 1st round would do it? I agree no way I give up the #3 overall pick this year for him.... he didn't look THAT good.

I would be ok with Jimmy G at a reasonable price but I am still one of the few banging the table for AJ McCarron. I just got a good vibe about him, think he has been in the league long enough, think he's shown enough on the field, is a proven leader, has all the qualities you want in a starter. He's not going to put up Brees/BradyRodgers numbers but with a solid defense I think he is someone you can win with.

Just from what I have seen I would take him over any of the rookies coming out at this juncture. And Bears could take BPA at #3 overall if they landed him, preferably Garrett, Allen, Hooker, or Adams.

I read in another thread that the Bengals asking price for McCarron is a 1st and 4th. Some team tried to do a 2nd and 4th for him and the Bengals told them to beat it. Shoot at least that one somewhat makes sense. We've actually seen McCarron in more than 1 1/2 a game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I read in another thread that the Bengals asking price for McCarron is a 1st and 4th. Some team tried to do a 2nd and 4th for him and the Bengals told them to beat it. Shoot at least that one somewhat makes sense. We've actually seen McCarron in more than 1 1/2 a game.

:lmao:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

That's what I've been saying.
I'd even question whether our 2nd round is too high for what we've seen.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Matt Barkley started out very well but after a few games teams adjusted to his strengths and exploited his weaknesses.

Jimmy G is better than Matt Barkley but who is to say he wouldn't be exploited the same way that Barkley was by good NFL coaches?

Can the Bears afford to be wrong on a guy who has blown it up in the preseason and in only two regular season games before suffering a shoulder injury?

For a 1st rounder, hell no. But if the price is a 2nd or something like that, yes, they could afford that gamble.