Jimmy Graham to Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace must have some pictures of you in a very compromising position for you to blindly support him like this..

Which of those signings did you disagree with WHEN THEY HAPPENED.

Not after the fact.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol you say only difference was targets as if part of getting more targets isnt being better.

Also he was not more explosive. Just had better QB play in 18.

Uhh, no, you do realize he was the only option in a shit offense this year? They had no trey burton and taylor gabriel to steal targets. Tarik had a down year due to treys absence too.

He was more explosive in 2018. Yards/Reception literally is the number that defines that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Uhh, no, you do realize he was the only option in a shit offense this year? They had no trey burton and taylor gabriel to steal targets. Tarik had a down year due to treys absence too.

He was more explosive in 2018. Yards/Reception literally is the number that defines that.

No you ignoring QB play was worse. Again more 20+ yard plays this year. Trubs just got him the ball in shitty spots moreso this year than last hence why his YPR went down. Trubs also missed him more on plays were he was wide open which also hurt his YPR.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I love them all, with this Graham signing as icing on the cake.

TBH, outside of the sims signing, all those deals he listed most people on here at the time didn't have a problem with.

Obviously you can bash shit in the future. For all we know Graham plays well next year. Doubtful, but still.

msadows

Liked Posts:
would rather Ebron than Graham for the Bears

I'm guessing they wanted a guy more capable of playing the Y so that if burton is healthy they can run more 2 TE sets like the eagles and chiefs do. That was always the plan for nagy in chicago with burton/shaheen.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol I'm done

msadows

Liked Posts:
Issue is, he was never a good blocker and I doubt he becomes on in his 30's

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
This wouldn't have bothered me as a chepa veteran depth. He can be a guy that blocks and run routes well enough to get open and be a decent red zone option. Get you 2 catches a game as nice depth.

This should have been a cheap 1 year deal. If it turns out this is really just a 1 year deal that was stretched to 2 years to manipulate the cap hit. But $9 mil guaranteed doesn't sound like it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing they wanted a guy more capable of playing the Y so that if burton is healthy they can run more 2 TE sets like the eagles and chiefs do. That was always the plan for nagy in chicago with burton/shaheen.

They might get .75 starting TEs out of those guys.....

msadows

Liked Posts:
They might get .75 starting TEs out of those guys.....

Well, truth be told, if burton IS healthy(which i doubt), both he and Jimmy are a fantastic combo.

But not for 18m, or whatever the fuck they are making.

Its literally the combo that Nagy had in mind when he saw shaheen/burton.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've mentioned it previously that both philly and the chiefs like to run two TE sets. We were incapable of really doing it effectively the last couple years under nagy due to personel.

Doubt graham changes that. Still a gross signing. All I can say is i hope for the best.