Jimmy Graham

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s a serious route running possession receiver. He moves the chains.

We could really use a 3rd WR. I don’t think Miller is big enough to win battles or fast enough to separate. He’s not a lock at WR3 to me. Definitely would not be a good look at #2 opposite Mooney.

Yea, Miller blows.

Def need a new slot guy this year. Maybe we can draft one with the 3rd round pick.

I want to bring Arob back, he's played great all 3 years here. He deserves a paycheck. Not sure if he wants to stay however at this point, but I'm guessing if we keep nagy/mitch he will heavily consider it. He seems to like mitch a lot.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Graham has defnitely made a difference for the Bears offense this year. The horrendous signing has been Quinn over extending Arob.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Graham has defnitely made a difference for the Bears offense this year. The horrendous signing has been Quinn over extending Arob.

Shoulda kept floyd. I was 50/50 on keeping floyd.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
He’s a serious route running possession receiver. He moves the chains.

We could really use a 3rd WR. I don’t think Miller is big enough to win battles or fast enough to separate. He’s not a lock at WR3 to me. Definitely would not be a good look at #2 opposite Mooney.

You know who I'd like to see the Bears bring in next year?

Devin Funchess.

Yeah, he's not played this year, and yeah, he had the poor judgment to sign with that evil green and gold team, but as a #3 WR, I think he might be a but of an unconventional answer. He has size, and had some decent years with Carolina.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

Quinn over keeping Floyd was a big mistake.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Shoulda kept floyd. I was 50/50 on keeping floyd.

I think I said it before, but worth restating. The issue with Floyd was the expectation for him to be a beast pass rusher due to his draft position. He never was, but he was one hell of a do it all outside linebacker. You could actually drop him into coverage and he could do it. But, they wanted another 'pure' pass rusher so they went for Quinn. Quinn has been hurt and mostly ineffective. And then Pagano has just not really used the personnel very well on defense. Fangio knew how to disguise and make use of guys like Floyd and how to get effective use out of safeties like Eddie. And Pagano just has not been able to do that.

The overhaul of the TE position though has been very much needed for the offense. Graham giving that red zone threat has been a huge help and Kmet finally getting chances has also helped. It will be interesting to see if they keep Graham around for 2021.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He gets up like these guys.
1Di1.gif

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most people didn't mind the signing, but the $ he was guaranteed.

He started slow, had 2 really good games when they went 5-1, then was slow and looked disinterested through most of the 6 game skid . Then he lost his starting job to Kmet, which seemed to wake him up a little.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Hes done exactly what he was brought in to do. Coach up the young guy and contribute in the redzone.

Its funny, because most people expected him to have the season he's having this year, yet are disappointed when it happens. LOL
I think the best part is Kmet being able to learn from him. Kmet looks like he could be a really good TE for years to come. Mooney, Montgomery and Kmet are three really nice young pieces for Scrubisky if he is going to be the QB going forward. Id like to see us go OL, Big WR,QB in the first 3 rounds.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lots of points but games like today should keep Mitch's price in check. Some awful misses and the endzone decision. :obama:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Lots of points but games like today should keep Mitch's price in check. Some awful misses and the endzone decision. :obama:
That play he threw the pick on was just flat stupidity. Run or throw it away. STop scrambling looking for something that isnt there. Im hoping he learns so the next time hes in that situation he doesnt make the same mistake. I like that Lazor is allowing him to just play instead of having him afraid to make mistakes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That play he threw the pick on was just flat stupidity. Run or throw it away. STop scrambling looking for something that isnt there. Im hoping he learns so the next time hes in that situation he doesnt make the same mistake. I like that Lazor is allowing him to just play instead of having him afraid to make mistakes.
Same here but everything points to him never learning when to go for it and when to hold it. He seems to see the defender on his target and no one else in an area. They better not pay him starter money but I bet they do, just to try and keep him... and their jobs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would rather we just ran with Kmet. JG offers nothing between 20s and quite frankly I think Kmet can catch most of the TD passes in the RZ that JG has caught.

He has been decent this year but I cut him after this season without question.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great end zone target.

Terrible contract.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the best part is Kmet being able to learn from him. Kmet looks like he could be a really good TE for years to come. Mooney, Montgomery and Kmet are three really nice young pieces for Scrubisky if he is going to be the QB going forward. Id like to see us go OL, Big WR,QB in the first 3 rounds.

Those are the 3 positions I hope for as well.

Either Trask in the 1st or Newman in the 3rd, then OL in the 1st/2nd, then WR in the 3rd if we take trask.

I'd rather retain Arob tho and draft a slot WR in the 3rd. Much easier to find good slot guys in day 3 than guys capable of replacing arob.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Great end zone target.

Terrible contract.

Contract isn't terrible at all.

Hes getting paid 8m and has done basically what we wanted him to and expected him to do. Having him in the locker room is going to work wonders down the road for Kmet. That alone is worth the extra 2mill or whatever he got. You notice the two of them talking a LOT on the sidelines after plays. That will make kmet a beast down the road to learn from a HOFer at the position.

It's what we tried to do with mitch....but gave him mark sanchez...lol

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contract isn't terrible at all.

Hes getting paid 8m and has done basically what we wanted him to and expected him to do. Having him in the locker room is going to work wonders down the road for Kmet. That alone is worth the extra 2mill or whatever he got. You notice the two of them talking a LOT on the sidelines after plays. That will make kmet a beast down the road to learn from a HOFer at the position.

It's what we tried to do with mitch....but gave him mark sanchez...lol

Oh man... I forgot all about Sanchez.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Those are the 3 positions I hope for as well.

Either Trask in the 1st or Newman in the 3rd, then OL in the 1st/2nd, then WR in the 3rd if we take trask.

I'd rather retain Arob tho and draft a slot WR in the 3rd. Much easier to find good slot guys in day 3 than guys capable of replacing arob.
Id be shocked. Absolutely shocked! If Trask is there when we pick at 32 ;)

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
You notice the two of them talking a LOT on the sidelines after plays.
Are sure that pillow talk on the sidelines isn't related to where JG recommends Trubs go to get his boy scout rocks off ? Seems to have worked the last few weeks. Props to JG if that's where his veteran leadership rears it's head.