Jimmy Johnson tweets Trestman getting Bears HC Job; Bears say search still ongoing

1rkrage

Superstar
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Johnson says next coach is...

https://twitter.com/JimmyJohnson/statuses/289682514564497410

28anehc.png

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw the same thing. Wonder how accurate this is.

Meathead54

You Hawk? I'm Smasher!
Liked Posts:
I like it. I read a lot about this guy and he seems like an Emery guy. I think Cutler loves him.. Hope he gets the job, fires Tice and gets a real OC. I can just imagine the meeting.

Emery (shouting): PRIVATE TRESTMAN!

Trestman: SIR YES SIR

Emery: PRIVATE TRESTMAN! CAN YOU LEAD THESE MANIACAL ATHLETES DOWN THE TREACHEROUS PATH, THROUGH THE BOWELS OF HELL, OVER THE RIVER AND THRU THE WOODS TO A FUCKIN A SUPER BOWL??!!

Trestman: SIR YES SIR!!

EMERY: WELL FUCKIN A SIR! YOU MAY HAVE JUST WHAT IT TAKES TO BE THE NEW COACH OF THE CHICAGO FUCKING BEARS! NOW GET THE HELL OUTTA MY OFFICE. We'll call you for a follow up.

Meathead54

You Hawk? I'm Smasher!
Liked Posts:
Wait! What's that mean that Toub is "interviewing for lateral moves"? Meaning, lateral moves to another teams special teams unit?? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ill take the wait and see approach

Mason33

CCS Writer
Liked Posts:
Wow. Taking a look at this guy's background and the types of things he's done with NFL teams in the past, this could definitely be a good hire. Interesting that the first "source" is Johnson. We'll have to see what comes of it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is supposed to be really good at developing a quarterback. Thats good news.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
please trestman get rid of tice....switch to zone blocking PLZ!!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears still have interviews on the way ... maybe it's a little premature.

OC could be a possibility, but I don't know if it's possible. He still have 5 years on his contract for the CFL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The source does not make me that comfortable.

But Trestman would be a good choice.

Not an expected choice, but sometimes those are the best ones.

Trestman has HC experience and he can fix Cutler and the offense. We would be going into the game with the smarter coach 80% of the time. Jim Schwartz won't know what hit him.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Probably the most "interesting" hire other than Chip Kelly of Oregon.

I don't think Jay Cutler will have the patience/precision to run Trestman's CFL offense, but perhaps Trestman will tolerate Cutler for another year and at the same time try to find a QB more in the CFL mold, like a Russell Wilson or Doug Flutie.

cfl offense? you do realize he coached in the NFL for nearly 20 years and is a long time west coast offense disciple, right? and cutler is a far better fit in the west coast offense then he was in martz's coryell or whatever the hell tice was running...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Well I don't think Jimmy Johnson would make this public if he didn't already know. Obviously he heard from Trestman and maybe even Emery. Emery would have talked to Johnson to get some background on Trestman. This guy has won in college, NFL and CFL.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
cfl offense? you do realize he coached in the NFL for nearly 20 years and is a long time west coast offense disciple, right? and cutler is a far better fit in the west coast offense then he was in martz's coryell or whatever the hell tice was running...

don't mind him. He's mentally handicapped.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I will as well, being that Dennison and Arians havent even interviewed yet.

yeah, i'm skeptical...i'd like to see more then a tweet by jimmy johnson saying "it looks like" trestman will be the bears head coach...