JJ Watt getting released

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who needs a quarterback when you can sign 30+ year old defenders?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Too bad we already have the majority of our cap locked up in two pass rushers (one who has his positive, game changing moments and the other who has yet to show up since signing with Chicago).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Houston kept him in a shit losing season while getting offers and kept him when he obviously wanted out. Now they get jack shit for him.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
It really is amazing to see a legend and perhaps arguably a first time ballot HOF player like JJ Watt get released rather than traded. I know he's battled injuries and all that but its just weird. Players in this situation and time in their playing career will probably choose to retire but I wish him the best.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You know you've been a Bear fan too long when signing Watt is more exciting than getting Watson. Don't get me wrong, I love J.J. Watt but he's not what the Bears need right now.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It really is amazing to see a legend and perhaps arguably a first time ballot HOF player like JJ Watt get released rather than traded. I know he's battled injuries and all that but its just weird. Players in this situation and time in their playing career will probably choose to retire but I wish him the best.
This is a gesture so Watt can go wherever he chooses. He would probably fetch a third or fourth in a trade.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He takes on double teams. With Goldman, Hicks, Nichols, and Watt there would be a great rotation and freeing up Mack, Edward's, Quinn, and crew to clean up.

LOL! So all those years he won DPOY he never took on a single double team???? :jonesy:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
LOL! So all those years he won DPOY he never took on a single double team???? :jonesy:
I don't think there is any doubt that J.J. Watt has definitely lost a step since being literally one of the best defenders to ever play the game. Still, I'd reckon he still has some decent football left in him and the list of guys who carry more respect than him in the entire league can be counted on one hand.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya the whole point is that if he is still taking on double teams, that helps free up Mack, Hicks, Quinn, Blitz, Nichols, etc. In Chicago he could be part of a rotation saving on him a bit. Not expecting him to be the Watt of old. It's not about him some how solving a missing part of the defense, just allowing everyone else to be better. With Goldman, Hicks, Nichols, and possibly Watt providing pressure in the middle of the defense, Mack and company could dominate again. Ya, it doesn't solve the QB spot either like another poster talked about, but that is going to take trades etc, this is just a move that could be done as he is a FA and a possibility.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can he play LT?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Now I know my contact at HH has said that his deal would be in place by Tuesday, but if I were JJ, I'd tell Pace that I'll sign for 3 years at 1.5 mil per FULLY GUARANTEED, as soon as they announce that Robinson is coming back and Watson will be the QB.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jesus.

This is not happening. Thanks

All jokes aside he was a productive rusher in all 16 games last year I think I saw top 15 somewhere PFF. No place or possibility he comes here.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I was assured by this board weeks ago that Watt is a scrub now and wouldn’t change any defense. Lol

Hope he goes to the Steelers if he doesn’t come to Chi. That Steelers D is a hell of a unit on paper as it is.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My guess is he'll sign with a wining team

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck wrote that front page article...moron.

"Bears among front-runner to land JJ Watt?!"

Get the fuck out of here. As mentioned, he grew up in and went to University of Wisconsin.

But more importantly...he has 2 brothers in the fucking league. Pace isn't that sexy and I doubt his blowjobs are good enough for JJ.

He goes to Pittsburgh or Green Bay, no question.

I'd love to see Hicks/Watt/Goldman in a rotation, but it ain't happening. I didn't even read the article to hear the reasoning but I did pop a gasquet and take aneurism medication.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck wrote that front page article...moron.

"Bears among front-runner to land JJ Watt?!"

Get the fuck out of here. As mentioned, he grew up in and went to University of Wisconsin.

But more importantly...he has 2 brothers in the fucking league. Pace isn't that sexy and I doubt his blowjobs are good enough for JJ.

He goes to Pittsburgh or Green Bay, no question.

I'd love to see Hicks/Watt/Goldman in a rotation, but it ain't happening. I didn't even read the article to hear the reasoning but I did pop a gasquet and take aneurism medication.