JJ Watt

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love Watt but he's not the player he was.. this is not a Julius Peppers signing more like Jared Allen. No thanks.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
For 5-8 Mill a year I'd love the signing. He can get more. He would have to really want to be in Chicago. Doubt if his next signing is about money. He either wants to chaise a ring or be close to his wife / play with some other great defensive guys and help them be the #1 defense again. Get game manager QB and fix the OL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I follow a ton of football people on Twitter and not one of them follows this guy. Highly unlikely that this is the guy of all people to have the scoop

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price is everything here. Use him in a rotation and he can still be significant. He may take less here to be with his wife year round and become more cost effective. That said, I think the tweet is worthless.

He will take the most money he's offered by a team he feels is a contender, Bears are in rebuild mode for 2021, the odds of Watt coming here are slim to none

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He will take the most money he's offered by a team he feels is a contender, Bears are in rebuild mode for 2021, the odds of Watt coming here are slim to none

Bears will not be in rebuild mode until Nagy and Pace are gone, unfortunately. Their seats are hot and a rebuild essentially guarantees that they will be fired. Not one GM would agree to a rebuild in a make or break season

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
watt is going to chase a ring first and foremost...the teams that offer him a best chance at a ring - tampa, and kansas city

i would love to see watt here but until the qb situation is resolved he is not going to sign here...the best hope is that he decides to wait until tc to make a decision where rosters should be set by then...

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Watt still has some voltage left in the batteries I’d give him a shot and hope Watson follows

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
watt is going to chase a ring first and foremost...the teams that offer him a best chance at a ring - tampa, and kansas city

i would love to see watt here but until the qb situation is resolved he is not going to sign here...the best hope is that he decides to wait until tc to make a decision where rosters should be set by then...
We don’t know what Watt wants.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
We don’t know what Watt wants.

unless your a subscriber, you only get a few seconds to see but watt has superbowl rings on his mind...
and until the bears can show they are a legit contender with a stable qb, watt is looking elsewhere imo.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
So we dont resign RRH but go after Watt with his injury history ?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
9 sacks the past 2 years. Very low voltage
True but I’d you surround him with our front 7 I guarentee it will help alleviate some double teams in Mack who we pay a shit ton of cash to get sacks.

hicks Goldman watt(Nichols great depth) with our LB group it could be a real force. Potentially even let Quinn look like a serviceable pass rusher.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious Q:
Compared to other teams, couldn't he make more in marketing & commercials on the side in a monster CHI market than he'd lose by taking a lesser deal & IL taxes??

I never see this come up when we talk about bringing in star FAs. $ is green & more overall is better, but what do I know? ?‍♂️

Not worth spending much on him IMO. Luxury pickup for cash-strapped team. Jared Allen 2.0?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he signs with either the Packers, Browns, or Bills, in no specific order of favoritism