Joe Johnson not yet committed, likes Bulls and Knicks

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Joe Johnson already has a six-year max offer from the Atlanta Hawks, but still hadn't committed to signing it Friday because he wants to see how things shake out with the other maximum-salary free agents, two NBA sources told ESPN.com Friday night.

Sources said Johnson was still considering whether it would be a better career move to play in New York or Chicago, and his ultimate decision would hinge upon which of the top free agents make commitments to those teams.

The Knicks were the first team to meet with Johnson when he became a free agent at 12:01 a.m. ET Thursday, making it known that he was among the players atop their wish list. The Bulls contacted Johnson as well, but did not meet with him.

When Atlanta quickly offered Johnson approximately $119 million over six years -- nearly $27 million more than any other team could offer -- it was believed the four-time All-Star was no longer available.

But sources said his continued hesitancy to commit to the deal was a sign that Johnson wanted to keep his options open.

One source said the chances of Johnson accepting Atlanta's offer were "slightly" better that 50-50.

If Johnson chose a team other than the Hawks, he could still sign a max contract if a sign-and-trade could be worked out.

2010 NBA free agents: Sources say Joe Johnson undecided on Atlanta Hawks offer - ESPN

so he hast signed with the hawks just yet.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I just saw this. I don't know what is going to go down in the next couple days.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Atlanta is good but they only shoot, 1 pass shoot or no pass ahoot and they don't play defense much.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd be incredibly stupid not to accept Atlanta's offer. But if he doesn't, I see him going to the Knicks along w/ Amare.