Joe Maddon Coming to Cubs?

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
attendance is a skewed stat and the very hollow wooden peg leg that a lot of cubs fans lean on. their attendance is based on their losing history as this team is historic in that regard. WGN broadcasted forever around the country, they also have a tourist attraction in wrigley, the surrounding area is quite the scene. the attendance debate is quite amusing. "zomfgzzz we gotz all teh fanz" I dont care if we are the 2nd team, all I care about is titles. im jealous of the cardinals. thats the team i envy.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

What's amusing to me is Sox fans holding it against Cubs fans cuz of where Wrigley is located. I also find it amusing that Sox fans keep holding on to the last 100 years. While you may be right about that, it's somewhat ironic that the Cubs have rebuilt the team for the last 3 years in a similar model as the Cards. Now that makes me want to sip some kool aid .... 'zomfgzzz'. :beerbang:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's amusing to me is Sox fans holding it against Cubs fans cuz of where Wrigley is located. I also find it amusing that Sox fans keep holding on to the last 100 years. While you may be right about that, it's somewhat ironic that the Cubs have rebuilt the team for the last 3 years in a similar model as the Cards. Now that makes me want to sip some kool aid .... 'zomfgzzz'. :beerbang:

they are not rebuilt like the cards. not even close. 1) these specs havent proved shit. 2) its not about keith laws rankings, its how the cardinals dig deep in scouting and development of players that dont get the attention the cubs specs get. the cardinals are the model franchise, the cubs are not. but hey...believe what you want if it makes you sleep better at night.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Cardinals were lauded as the best farm system in 2010 & 2011. The same time they won the World Series. The Cubs are lauded as the best farm system in 2014., obviously they need to improve the major league team. You can't build a golden franchise in 3 years. The Royals were in a much worse position 3-4 years ago and I like how things have turned out for them. Looking at the 2011 Cubs, I wouldn't have dreamed they would be in the situation they are currently in. Thought it'd take a lot longer.

Drafting is how you win championships. Goes for every major sport. Spurs, Blackhawks, Patriots, Packers, etc all tend to avoid FA. Blackhawks have added a few pieces via FA, but the core was built via the draft and trading drafted players. Different sports, same model. Takes time to do it this way though. Only need a few players to pan out to change everything.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The current cubs are built more like the 2011 Royals... who wound up in the world series this year. Doesn't guarantee anything for the cubs going forward but it's quite obvious where the potential is.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
yes,and I see your face waiting behind me as I asked you that question.

You obviously haven't followed the analogy of the restaurant with the bad food. If you did, you would know where we are at currently within that storyline.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You obviously haven't followed the analogy of the restaurant with the bad food. If you did, you would know where we are at currently within that storyline.

I followed, you just still have rotten guests.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
they are not rebuilt like the cards. not even close. 1) these specs havent proved shit. 2) its not about keith laws rankings, its how the cardinals dig deep in scouting and development of players that dont get the attention the cubs specs get. the cardinals are the model franchise, the cubs are not. but hey...believe what you want if it makes you sleep better at night.

I didn't say the Cubs were the Cards. I said the Cubs have tried to model themselves after the Cards. The bottom line is that you can ramble on all you want about the last 100 years, it means nothing. It's the last 3 years that you need to realize is what the Cubs are about.

The Cubs are not making historic leaps in Vegas cuz they're doing the wrong things. They have done some pretty smart things actually. People like you complained about their pitching, but they've quietly stockpiled a ton of hitting at a time in the MLB where pitching is prevalent and hitting is down.

Yet, they've quietly assembled a decent bullpen and a few starters that have surprised as well. Nothing they have done guarantee's them anything, but it's leaps and bounds better than the last 100 years, which was bush league.

Personally, I couldn't think of anything better than a Chicago WS between the Cubs and Sox, but it's you damn Sox fans that just can't respect the idea enough. It would be a pleasant surprise to just see you respect the improvement that the Cubs have made for a change.

Who knows, maybe that would help fill the seats a little more.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The current Cubs are built like the current Cubs.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Ah whatever, leave it to a Sox fan to keep all off track. The Cubs are doing the right things, whatever the model you want to label them. The Sox trolls were quiet this past 2nd half of the year, and they will be even more quiet moving forward.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Ah whatever, leave it to a Sox fan to keep all off track. The Cubs are doing the right things, whatever the model you want to label them. The Sox trolls were quiet this past 2nd half of the year, and they will be even more quiet moving forward.

I can tell you this much. Any Sox fan with half a brain would give both their nuts to switch the future of the Sox with the future of the Cubs. Cubs are on their way up while the Sox are heading towards a very dark place.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
This writer says he is a Sox fan. http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/stor...rt-even-harshest-critics-believe-chicago-cubs

Notable quotes/passages
During the 10 p.m. newscast on channel 7, Mark Giangreco said they should have dedicated the entire 30-minute broadcast to Maddon. That, too, is an understatement. And not because of the hire, but more because of the team Maddon has been hired to manage. If the White Sox had made this move, the splash would have been almost inconsequential.

The Cubs do it: Louganis.

So what's a hater to do? Keep hating? Can't now. Not anymore.
I'm going to openly cheat on the White Sox.