Joel Iyiegbuniwe-player to watch for 2018

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
For the long term planning on our D it will be critical for Iggy to translate into a starting caliber ILB for 2019. He has the speed and athleticism to develop into the most athletic ILB combo with Smith. Travathen carries a 7.65 cap number with only 12.25 of dead cap of we cut him. That 6M will be critical in either signing Amos or another impact FA safety. This defensive will be great this year but to be dominating we need a true difference maker at safety. I'm really excited to see his development this year along with Nichols.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
For the long term planning on our D it will be critical for Iggy to translate into a starting caliber ILB for 2019. He has the speed and athleticism to develop into the most athletic ILB combo with Smith. Travathen carries a 7.65 cap number with only 12.25 of dead cap of we cut him. That 6M will be critical in either signing Amos or another impact FA safety. This defensive will be great this year but to be dominating we need a true difference maker at safety. I'm really excited to see his development this year along with Nichols.

This defense wasn't pretty without Danny last year. He means a lot for this team. Plus Nick could step up and turn it on this year as well. It's nice having depth for once..

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Why does everyone here seems to want to cut Danny? :smh:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We have a top 5 Safety already on the team. Amos is a stud and consistent. He gets better every year too. I'm not ready to move on and neither are the Bears.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We have a top 5 Safety already on the team. Amos is a stud and consistent. He gets better every year too. I'm not ready to move on and neither are the Bears.

With a consistent pass rush, Smash/Jackson could turn in pro bowl caliber seasons.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why does everyone here seems to want to cut Danny? :smh:

No idea. Maybe it's because we drafted Roquan? I don't understand it. I think there is some other trash we could get rid of first -- like Dion Sims. Danny is a good ILB. If anything, we could trade him.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:

Well he's due a new deal if we keep him and the money has to come from somewhere

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i think you meant to say 1.25 mill dead cap if cut. iggy wants to be a doctor after his nfl career so i think hes smart enough to pick up the scheme, signal calling.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've actually kept my eye on Iggy in the preseason cause that was a pick i was pretty shocked about when they made it in the 4th round when i was still hoping for OLB at that time and he looked lost a lot in the preseason which i guess is somewhat expected for a 4th round rookie. I see the athleticism for sure but if the instincts aren't there for a ILB then he won't be much good for us. We need Danny to stay healthy this year cause with him and Roquan (if Roquan is what we think/hope he is) starting at ILB we're gonna have one of the best ILB tandems in the league. People on here have been underestimating Danny since we've had him and i think that's mostly because he gets hurt a lot but that guy can absolutely ball when healthy. Really rooting for Iggy though but he most likely won't be seeing the field much if at all this year even if Danny gets hurt cause Kwiat will be next man up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We don’t need the cap space why the hell would we cut trevethian? I agree his development would help out in a few years when we will need cap space but nothing is immediate calm down and enjoy the season

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trevathan is the qb of this defense and they have looked pretty lost on the field without him. But he has had a hard time staying on the field. I hope Smith is a sponge and learns what he needs to from Trevathan fast because the window is beginning to close on Danny's NFL career.