Joel Klatt Top 50

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
2023 pretty odd list but fairly decent for Joel but 2022 is a pretty huge mess
2021 not terrible either

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
There are always analysts that claim the current year's draft class is deeper than they've ever seen. But I don't think that. I think alot of the WRs outside of the top 3 are overrated. I even think Nabers and Odunze are rated too high. I have Nabers as a fringe top 10 and Odunze as a fringe top 15-20. I do like Keon Coleman and Xavier Legette, (who didn't even make Klatt's top 50) as late 1st rounders, but the talent drops off heavily after that. Maybe Adonai Mitchell and Troy Franklin as a 2nd rounder slot guys. Everyone else mehhh.

Please stop the JJ McCarthy nonsense. I know Klatt is a Big 10 homer and schills for the conference, but comeon.

I do think some of these defensive players are being overlooked. That may be where the value comes in.

The perceived depth of this draft may be becuase of the number of slightly above average QBs that teams are going to take a chance on. This will push some players further down in the draft, but even then I don't see the depth Klatt sees.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
There are always analysts that claim the current year's draft class is deeper than they've ever seen. But I don't think that. I think alot of the WRs outside of the top 3 are overrated. I even think Nabers and Odunze are rated too high. I have Nabers as a fringe top 10 and Odunze as a fringe top 15-20. I do like Keon Coleman and Xavier Legette, (who didn't even make Klatt's top 50) as late 1st rounders, but the talent drops off heavily after that. Maybe Adonai Mitchell and Troy Franklin as a 2nd rounder slot guys. Everyone else mehhh.

Please stop the JJ McCarthy nonsense. I know Klatt is a Big 10 homer and schills for the conference, but comeon.

I do think some of these defensive players are being overlooked. That may be where the value comes in.

The perceived depth of this draft may be becuase of the number of slightly above average QBs that teams are going to take a chance on. This will push some players further down in the draft, but even then I don't see the depth Klatt sees.
There isn't perceived depth in this class. It's been pretty much universally described as a shallow class. Your view on the wrs is stupid and in line with what I'd expect from you though

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:

Coleman and Legette are two guys I'd be severely disappointed in the bears drafting as the wr to pair with CW

DaBears3434

Liked Posts:
If anybody wants a quick peek at his top 20, here it is:
  1. Caleb Williams
  2. MHJ
  3. Drake Maye
  4. Rome Odunze
  5. Brock Bowers
  6. Malik Nabers
  7. Jayden Daniels
  8. Olu Fashanu
  9. Quinyon Mitchell
  10. Joe Alt
  11. Taliese Fuaga
  12. Dallas Turner
  13. Terrion Arnold
  14. JJ McCarthy
  15. JC Latham
  16. Jared Verse
  17. Chop Robinson
  18. Byron Murphy II
  19. Brian Thomas Jr
  20. Troy Fautanu

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
There isn't perceived depth in this class. It's been pretty much universally described as a shallow class. Your view on the wrs is stupid and in line with what I'd expect from you though

Feel free to share your WR rankings and how you grade them. Try not to copy and paste from tsomeone elses mock draft..

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

😱😳😲😯

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Feel free to share your WR rankings and how you grade them. Try not to copy and paste from tsomeone elses mock draft..
I'm sorry that being stupid doesn't make you unique. I don't need to post why the wr class is deep to justify it, because every single nfl analyst has already

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:

Nabers as fringe top 10 is certainly a take.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry that being stupid doesn't make you unique. I don't need to post why the wr class is deep to justify it, because every single nfl analyst has already

So you can't give me your personal reasons for liking the wr draft class, other than some guys on TV who probably get fed misinformation and generally copy each other said so?

If you agree with them fine. But if you just regurgitate their thoughts as your own and call other people stupid who differ from you...I can't respect that

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Nabers as fringe top 10 is certainly a take.

I think he could do well in a slot role and if he is brought in to do that, I think he will succeed immediatley. Put the ball in his hands and in space and let him go to work. But on the other hand, I'm not as sold at putting him out wide. He could very welll be a DJ Moore. But he could also end up struggling to seperate.

I guess ultimately, I don't think its as much of a slamdunk. And though I think he has a decent floor as a slot guy, and I would like the Bears to draft him, I'm not top 10 sold. It's about impossibke to kow how responsible Jayden Danieks was for his success, or how much is due solely to Naber's talent.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
His 2023 rankings were:
1. Will anderson
2. Bryce young
3. Tyree wilson
4. Bijan
5. Stroud
6. Jalen carter
7. Skoronski
8. JSN
9. Anthony richardson
10. Myles murphy
11. Joey Porter jr
12. Devon Witherspoon
13. Christian gonzalez
14. Jordan addison
15. Michael mayer
16. Quentin Johnston
17. Nolan smith
18. Gibbs
19. Paris johnson
20. Van ness

It’s just a weird list if you ask me. I don’t expect anybody to nail it entirely and it’s still super early to judge these guys but Tyree Wilson at #3? Insane take even at the time.

Joey Porter junior all the way at 11 and before gonzo and Witherspoon is also a kinda wild take and so far Witherspoon looks great.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you can't give me your personal reasons for liking the wr draft class, other than some guys on TV who probably get fed misinformation and generally copy each other said so?

If you agree with them fine. But if you just regurgitate their thoughts as your own and call other people stupid who differ from you...I can't respect that
Yep.

It's crazy that posters still quote draft analysts as gospel. Remember the weak 2017 QB draft?

...10 Probowls later.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep.

It's crazy that posters still quote draft analysts as gospel. Remember the weak 2017 QB draft?

...10 Probowls later.

This draft is actually a decent one into round 5 if you look at the grade of the #150 player vs other drafts. It falls pretty quickly after that.

Sites have individual grades on players. I know you're aware of this but when one position has a high # with a certain grade, it's a deeper position. Talking heads may be lazy and run with that but they didn't pull it out of their asses. They referenced PFF, or NFL.com and/or Ourlads or whatever pro publications there may be etc. Not every GM or draft analyst is stupid because Brock Purdy played in a SB.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not gospel but no one here has gone through all the WRs like they have. If the draft is considered deep at a position a couple individuals from another draft should sway your ideas about that. It's about the average grade at a position and the number is individuals that achieve same and it's different for a position where you will see double digit guys make rosters than a couple QBs that were perhaps underrated. If you can't except certain considerations, there's little to discuss other than bias.

This draft is actually a decent one into round 5 if you look at the grade of the #150 player vs other drafts. It falls pretty quickly after that.

Sites have individual grades on players. I know you're aware of this but when one position has a high # with a certain grade, it's a deeper position. Talking heads may be lazy and run with that but they didn't pull it out of their asses. They referenced PFF, or NFL.com and/or Ourlands or whatever pro publications there may be etc. Not every GM or draft analyst is stupid or because Brock Purdy played in a SB.
You're speaking within the domain of the draft, and not what's going to translate as a solid player in the NFL.

Remember how many here wanted to draft Jaxon Smith-Njigba in the first round?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're speaking within the domain of the draft, and not what's going to translate as a solid player in the NFL.

Remember how many here wanted to draft Jaxon Smith-Njigba in the first round?
Not me but yah. Prospect grades is all we've got to go by right now. I'm certainly not watching the all 22s of over 100 players, LOL.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Yep.

...10 Probowls later.

Yep, the analysts were pushing for teams to pass on that class becuase of the hype of the 2018 class....Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold...meh. sure Josh Allen turned out well, but the next best guy, Lamar Jackson fell almost to the 2nd rd and was also overlooked for scrubs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: