John DeFilippo did an internship with Panthers While Vic Fangio was DC [1997]

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is probably nothing but would be interesting if they were friends or acquaintances.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
6 degrees

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
It would be my ideal situation in which the bears keep fangio bring in flip and an offensive coordinator that is inovative. Just my two pennies on the situation.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Fangio wasn't all buddy/buddy with a 19-year old college kid.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
This is probably nothing but would be interesting if they were friends or acquaintances.

With all the reports swirling around about the various candidates it's hard to determine the best option. However, a Deflip/Fangio connection is interesting. I'm not saying that Fangio is the best DC currently available, but he is probably the best option for the Bears defense because most players have 2 years in his scheme and were drafted/acquired for his flavor of D. I wouldn't rip my dick off if it was Deflip HC and Fangio stays.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Big nothing burger in the good ole boy network everyone is connected to someone

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dez has a quota guys

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Big nothing burger in the good ole boy network everyone is connected to someone

Yeah pretty amazing the number of re-treads with poor resumes who find themselves in some of the primo coaching positions by virtue of their connections.
Honestly, it's exactly like corporate executives who bring their "guys"to their new gigs. Much of it is by assumption based on familiarity and "chemistry". No doubt some of it is based also on closet skeletons and personal favors. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
It would be my ideal situation in which the bears keep fangio bring in flip and an offensive coordinator that is inovative. Just my two pennies on the situation.

Let’s say all the OC in play become head coaches. Who would you think is an innovator as an OC? Just curious to hear you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk