John Fox hinting at Watson?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'll use my own assessment of Trubisky's slip ups.... below from now on when some ppl. wanna pretend that with a season under his belt, he should be viewed as "the 2nd coming" who is head & shoulders above the other Qb's.

I initially gave credit ( and several times thereafter) to who wrote the other assessment cuz I believed it capsulized my thoughts on Trubisky's in-game- mishaps. Hell, I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong or giving credit where it's due.

NOT "alternate truth" below just FACTS

Virginia Tech Hokies 34 - 3 North Carolina M. Trubisky13-33, 58 YDS, 2 INT ( the other 1year starting qb did not turn the ball over and threw 2 Td passes)

Duke 28-27 North Carolina M. Trubisky 24/33 297 3 INTS. 2 QBR 78.3 (this was a upset by a 4-6, 1-5 Conf freshman Qb-led Duke team. The freshman DID NOT have a T.O.)

North Carolina State 28 - North Carolina 21 Trubisky QBR 66.8 ( North Carolina was the favorite and again was upset see Duke game)

HYUNDAI SUN BOWL ( "big stage game"....sort of speak)
Stanford 25-North Carolina 23 Trubisky QBR 43.3 (3 T.O.'s by Trubisky, 2 picks 1 fumble)

This poster's opinion.....a so-called top 3 Qb in the draft should not have 2 upset loses and no bowl game win in his only season as a starter.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I can't make up my mind whether you or Firefox are the biggest Watson hater on this board.

Are you going to eat crow if we draft him and he's really good?

In fact are you going to eat crow if he's really good regardless of who drafts him?

I like Watson. He seems like a good, level headed guy who off the field, can bring all the intangibles you would want. I don't like him as an option a #3. I don't like him as a prospect over Trubisky. I also don't like the rhetoric I keep seeing on this board, it doesn't make sense.

He could be a franchise guy with development but at this point, I am confident that Trubisky will be a better pro than Watson.

If Watson proves me wrong, I have no problem eating crow.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not saying I monitor the board. I am saying I have seen him post it several times and I see no reason to have to say each and every time that it's something I said. If I did that, I literally would had to say it like 5 or 6 times now.

Not sure your analogy applies. If I don't stop the blind mind, he gets hurt. I don't see the value here. If someone would change their opinion because they found out I said it vs run and shoot then that would be admitting to a logical fallacy ie it would be similar to an ad hominem because you are judging the merits of what was said not based on the information it contained but rather based on your view of the person that said it.

That really has no basis in a debate. All the information you need to agree or disagree with the statement is there for you to see. The origin of the statement would only be relevant if someone were claiming it came from an authority but no such claim was made.

Jesus. You asked me if you should claim it every time and I said no but when you're actively in the mix, maybe address it in some way. Does your horse ever drink the water? My view on a poster is based on their content, not the other way around. Clockwise spiral.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus. You asked me if you should claim it every time and I said no but when you're actively in the mix, maybe address it in some way. Does your horse ever drink the water? My view on a poster is based on their content, not the other way around. Clockwise spiral.

And I'm saying I was actively in the mix like 4 or 5 times when he posted it before so again I would have to say it 4 or 5 times. This isn't the first thread I've been in where he posted it.

Again I fail to see what value it brings and it sounds like you agree it changes nothing so it's a pointless request.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Watson. He seems like a good, level headed guy who off the field, can bring all the intangibles you would want. I don't like him as an option a #3. I don't like him as a prospect over Trubisky. I also don't like the rhetoric I keep seeing on this board, it doesn't make sense.

He could be a franchise guy with development but at this point, I am confident that Trubisky will be a better pro than Watson.

If Watson proves me wrong, I have no problem eating crow.

That is a good perspective on Watson...he might be fucking Michael Jordan but we have to eat crow on that because of the issues. They are too scary. Lets not forget his confidence and leadership style waivering at the beginning of this year.

Watson is a great player to pick up in the first round for a team that has less needs, and an aging veteran in place.

San Diego/L.A. would be ideal for him. The Rams if they want to try again but I bet you they know what they have in Goff's arm. The Saints. The Patriots.

These are the teams that should be excited about Watson. Honestly....like I've said before...I just couldn't sleep at night for the rest of my Bears career in all liklihood if Watson is the guy I shackle myself to and push all the chips in.

Lets push half the chips on a 2nd-3rd round guy, evaluate Barkley further, and bring in a free agent with more long term upside potential than Romo or Hoyer. Lets sift those veterans who could take another step and be ready to be the guy.

1) Gabbert is the top of my list. He is nearly ready. 2) Glennon deserves another chance at league minimum 3) Kap has upside and could be a kick returner. (lol)

I'd make a strong push to acquire Gabbert. 4.6 speed. 6'5" 230. With some experience now and what happened in both his landing spots I won't blame him for.

Jacksonville's offense was the worst I have seen in terms of plays, not players. Total shit show. Should have been fired 5 years ago for being a moron. Khan should fire himself.

and then chip kelly. so....

Given that he has all the tools like Trubisky, and has shown improvment...Gabbert to me is a Trubisky 5 years from now. Very very similar and part of why I want nothing to do with Trubs at #3.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is a good perspective on Watson...he might be fucking Michael Jordan but we have to eat crow on that because of the issues. They are too scary. Lets not forget his confidence and leadership style waivering at the beginning of this year.

Watson is a great player to pick up in the first round for a team that has less needs, and an aging veteran in place.

San Diego/L.A. would be ideal for him. The Rams if they want to try again but I bet you they know what they have in Goff's arm. The Saints. The Patriots.

These are the teams that should be excited about Watson. Honestly....like I've said before...I just couldn't sleep at night for the rest of my Bears career in all liklihood if Watson is the guy I shackle myself to and push all the chips in.

Lets push half the chips on a 2nd-3rd round guy, evaluate Barkley further, and bring in a free agent with more long term upside potential than Romo or Hoyer. Lets sift those veterans who could take another step and be ready to be the guy.

1) Gabbert is the top of my list. He is nearly ready. 2) Glennon deserves another chance at league minimum 3) Kap has upside and could be a kick returner. (lol)

I'd make a strong push to acquire Gabbert. 4.6 speed. 6'5" 230. With some experience now and what happened in both his landing spots I won't blame him for.

Jacksonville's offense was the worst I have seen in terms of plays, not players. Total shit show. Should have been fired 5 years ago for being a moron. Khan should fire himself.

Given that he has all the tools like Trubisky, and has shown improvment...Gabbert to me is a Trubisky 5 years from now. Very very similar and part of why I want nothing to do with Trubs at #3.

astounding.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

...I just couldn't sleep at night for the rest of my Bears career in all liklihood if Watson is the guy I shackle myself to and push all the chips in.

1) Gabbert is the top of my list. He is nearly ready. 2) Glennon deserves another chance at league minimum

...Gabbert to me is a Trubisky 5 years from now. Very very similar and part of why I want nothing to do with Trubs at #3.

tumblr_mm8n7kwbQx1so450so1_1280.gif

Mitchapalooza

>wants Gabbert
>doesn't want Trubisky cause he reminds him of Gabbert
>wat.jpg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

1) Gabbert is the top of my list. He is nearly ready. NO

2) Glennon deserves another chance at league minimum NO

3) Kap has upside and could be a kick returner. has post season exp. (lol)

A good low-turn over FA QB to bring in would be Taylor from the Bills.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not going to debate which qb yet. Im just going to stress we need a qb with the number 3 pick. I'm more concerned that we actually have a large amount of the fan base wanting a safety or de with the pick. Only in Chicago dumb shit like that is acceptable

While I hope one of value is there. I have never been of the opinion to take one just because it's an early pick. I certainly want to capitalize on the opportunity but if we get our guy later, I'm fine with that. I don't want Pace to get cute with it but if we move back into one with our 2nd plus a pick, get our guy at the beginning of the 3rd or moving back into 2, I really am OK with it. He may like one particular QB at #3 that may be gone.

For me the key is to have a coupled guys you target and if that 1st guy isn't there for you, make damn sure you get the next one that you think will help more than a position player in the long term. That's not about grades but value to the team. If we don't at least take a Peterman or Evans by 4, I'll be pissed. Last year I said that if things didn't fall right, we should take whomever was left of Brissett or Prescott in 4 and I'm saying that about these 2 players this year. I want more sooner but drafts can only be controlled so much.