John Fox Says Goodbye

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zack Zaidman on The Score has reported on Fox's last meeting with the team prior to the Bears opening up the locker room this morning:

- Fox's last address to the team was short and sweet, less than two minutes long, but very emotional. He left the building immediately thereafter. Ryan Pace is now meeting with assistant coaches . . .

- Bear players were disappointed to see Fox go and seemed to legitimately care for Fox . . .

- Fox and Pace's relationship was actually a good one, but both had come to realize there were significant differences in football philosophies between them (seems like you'd know this before you hire the guy, but then Pace didn't hire Fox, "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi did . . . ) . . .

- Zaidman suggested the Bears don't want to lose "We Can't Lose" Vic Fangio. Serious possibility of a "suggestion" being made to the next HC (meddling alert) . . .

- Zaidman believes the next Head Coach will be offensive oriented (i.e.: not Fangio). There will be a lot of names out there, but Zaidman strongly believes defensive oriented coaches stand little chance . . .

- Zaidman believes it is very possible Pace receives an extension to try to alleviate lame-duck fears of HCs coming in, but not a slam dunk . . .

- Unclear to Zaidman whether Pace will face the media alone at 4:00 CT, or whether "Sweaty" Teddy and/or "King" George will accompany him . . .

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
HC: Vic Fangio
OC: Frank Reich (Eagles Promote John DeFilippo to OC)
DC: Chuck Pagano

I wouldn't complain. I love Fangio post game conferences.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Could the Bears really be dumb enough to parade out sweat ted at Pace's presser? There's no way...

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow wait What??? A professional organization???

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
I have no doubt in my mind John Fox is a great guy and a player's coach. Wish him nothing but the best. Wasn't a good fit here.

fox was fine for what he was brought in to do. fixed the culture, but now we need someone else to take it from here.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
fox was fine for what he was brought in to do. fixed the culture, but now we need someone else to take it from here.

the shoopster digresses, but why not - sure, Fox fixed the culture, and he deserves credit for that since it happened under his watch. He did some other things well and some other things awfully. This post isn't about Fox.

You know what really fixed Bears' culture? Letting Charles "Me-Nut" Tillman and Lance (P)iggs go. Both of them undermined Marc "Canada Dry" Trestman because they were butthurt over the firing of Love "LaCucaracha" Smith. Regardless of the greatness of their on-field careers, or Tillman's otherwise high character off it, both were huge cancers to the Trestman locker room . . . The shoopster expected that sort of bush league politicking from the bitchy Briggs, but it was disappointing to see Tillman dip to that level . . .

Last edited:

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
is the lance piggs nickname a nod to his bbq establishment? mighty fine ribs i hear.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
HC: Vic Fangio
OC: Frank Reich (Eagles Promote John DeFilippo to OC)
DC: Chuck Pagano

I wouldn't complain. I love Fangio post game conferences.

Why would Reich take a lateral move? Not going to happen.

DeFilippo as OC would at least be in the realm of possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk