John Ross of the Bengals wants Out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They will probably get more for him as a comp pick than trading him right now.

The team trading for him would only get eight games before he's a ufa, not worth a high pick.

His next contract won't net them a comp pick

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ashamed to admit that I wanted to draft this guy.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
This guy could actually make us worse on offese....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, i get that. And if it's a 7th rounder, fine. But if that was the case, I'd imagine he'd be gone already. And it's hard to justify bringing in a WR when the OL is about to start 3 guys who maybe shouldn't even be in the league.

Nah he is not traded yet because he is a FA and because he was a first rounder he actually costs a decent amount for someone that hasn't produced much as he is still owed about 1.35 million for rest of season.

I am not saying we should trade for him mind you. Just that the draft comp is likely not very costly. So more a question of whether you think he can turn it around and whether you want him this year or as a FA. There was also talk a year ago of Bears being interested in him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This guy could actually make us worse on offese....

Doubtful.

Also, if he's cheap, why not? Our only deep threat is mooney. Ginn looks over the hill thus far.

Grab ross, tell him to run 9 routes. I'm okay if it costs us the shaheen 7th round pick.

Shaheen for Ross, I do that in a heartbeat. Worst case you have a guy you can try out in the punt game. He did kickoffs in college, so who knows.