John Scott-The Enforcer

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Well after seeing video of him, he's easily our best fighter. Fuck, I can't wait to see him in a fight. You guys are going to love him. Over at hockeyfights.com, he is 14-0 with an average win% (what percent of people voted him as the winner) of 78%.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5WwrlVsUk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - George Parros vs John Scott Oct 6, 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYvBNiSY_ZA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tim Conboy vs John Scott Oct 24, 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cvOiKuxH8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Alexandre Bolduc vs John Scott Jan 13, 2010[/ame]

YouTube - John Scott vs Dean Arsene Apr 5, 2010!

YouTube - John Scott vs. Danny Bois 9/20/09!

YouTube - John Scott vs Joel Rechlicz Mar 25, 2009!

Wow.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
yeah its going to be very awesome watching him fight. but also very painful watching him try to play hockey

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine Datsyuk going around him...lol

Severz

Liked Posts:
Imagine Datsyuk going around him...lol

For once I actaully agree with Joe. I can care less how a guy can fight, post lockout NHL is about how well you can skate and move the puck. The guy cannot skate and is actually not very physical in his play. Think of a bigger version of Brent Sopel with worse balance that can also play forward. The guy is going to end up a healthy scratch most of the time and be a situational defensemen who cannot eat up ice time and is a liability against teams top lines. If you want an enforcer on the team just to knock a player out after they cheap shot Kaner than go sign Laraque.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
For once I actaully agree with Joe. I can care less how a guy can fight, post lockout NHL is about how well you can skate and move the puck. The guy cannot skate and is actually not very physical in his play. Think of a bigger version of Brent Sopel with worse balance that can also play forward. The guy is going to end up a healthy scratch most of the time and be a situational defensemen who cannot eat up ice time and is a liability against teams top lines. If you want an enforcer on the team just to knock a player out after they cheap shot Kaner than go sign Laraque.

If they had the Mil and a half to spare they could of kept Burish or Eager. They don't.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Here's his report from forecaster.ca:

ASSETS: Is a towering presence along the blue-line and knows how to lay on the body to intimidate the opposition. Can also provide pugilistic support and play an enforcer role up front.

FLAWS: Has trouble keeping up with the speed of the NHL. Doesn't have much of an offensive arsenal and struggles to fend off fleet-footed opponents.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Physical utiity player.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
yeah its going to be very awesome watching him fight. but also very painful watching him try to play hockey

Don't worry about that - maybe they offered to put a recliner in the penalty box - I don't think he'll be on the ice for too long during play.

I'll have to check out the rest of the videos I saw the last embedded one elsewhere -but he looks pretty solid on his skates as far as what he is needing to use it for.

He's a theory- but maybe in some games where you know the other team wants to play "grudge match" -you blow up your 4th line - go with 3 and a couple of spare -and a hammer. I don't think this guy is here for anything more than that -and frankly the guys that were here last season -wouldn't.

Eager wouldn't - not like this ... Burish? That guy was 90% lip -I doubt Mr Scott has any time for pithy one liners.

On the other hand, if you ever find you are going on Jeopardy- I'm sure if he was one of the contestants- you'd probably be pretty happy.

:woot:

Last edited:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
For someone that claims to have "followed hockey since they were 3" - you don't appear to have much of an idea of how goon shifts go. They go out there at a face off- neutral or offensive zone only. You pair up with the target, and as soon as the puck is dropped it is on.

Any coach that puts a guy like that in a position where Pavel is flying by them -isn't a coach that has won anything anywhere -including peewees. I mean you are not talking about a guy who is going to get a regular shift.

___

But man- that Conboy -he got rag-dolled badly. And then Scott goes for the jersey pull over -as if he didn't already beat the bejeezus out of that guy...

Puttin' on the Foil ... gotta love it...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For someone that claims to have "followed hockey since they were 3" - you don't appear to have much of an idea of how goon shifts go. They go out there at a face off- neutral or offensive zone only. You pair up with the target, and as soon as the puck is dropped it is on.

Any coach that puts a guy like that in a position where Pavel is flying by them -isn't a coach that has won anything anywhere -including peewees. I mean you are not talking about a guy who is going to get a regular shift.

___

But man- that Conboy -he got rag-dolled badly. And then Scott goes for the jersey pull over -as if he didn't already beat the bejeezus out of that guy...

Puttin' on the Foil ... gotta love it...

Old time hockey? Like Eddie Shore?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Piss on old time hockey -there are scouts out there.

I do NOT want to know if Scott gets penalties on purpose either :tongue:.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That third video is the shit. Starts whooping his ass in front of his own bench.