Jordan Howard getting praise from Loggains

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again, very limited amount of carries thus far, but he's averaged 7.3 ypc.

Howard needs to see carries when the game matters. By the time he sees the field, the defense has already called off the dogs.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guis, Guis!!!!

It's frist and tune everywhere news you up run the gut!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Howard needs to see carries when the game matters. By the time he sees the field, the defense has already called off the dogs.

Exactly. You can't use what we've seen from Howard as a way to say how good he is because the game was out of hand by the time he got his playing time and defenses will play back some to defend the pass at that time but i still like what i've seen so far. Our o-line is gonna get better after they get some more reps with each other especially Sitton, Long and Whitehair which will help running up the middle. Lets give these guys 2 or 3 more games. Lets also remember that we knew B.Massie was a much better run blocker than a pass blocker when we got him so once this line gets time our running game will get better no matter who's running the ball.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Exactly. You can't use what we've seen from Howard as a way to say how good he is because the game was out of hand by the time he got his playing time...
Two of his three carries were when it was 9-7 midway through the 3rd quarter. Not sure what you are talking about. Why he was pulled after running for 10 and 8 yards on successive plays is baffling.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two of his three carries were when it was 9-7 midway through the 3rd quarter. Not sure what you are talking about. Why he was pulled after running for 10 and 8 yards on successive plays is baffling.

It is, maybe they're afraid of offending Langford.:smug2:

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Coming out for the draft, Howard was projected to be picked somewhere between rounds 2 and 3, but fell due to injury concerns. He was being compared from Arian Foster to Chris Ivory. He should be the lead back sooner rather than later.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Agreed. He obviously wouldn't keep that ypc so high if he got more carries, but I don't know how you don't give him a shot, especially with how much our run-game has struggled.
That's because the Bears seem to always bench talent and let favorites play.

jc456

Liked Posts:

it is the bears. you're baffled?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's because the Bears seem to always bench talent and let favorites play.

So that's why they play like a high school team

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loggains surprisingly answered this when questioned by the media. He said that Howard was scheduled to play one series of downs, and then Langford was scheduled to re-enter the game. Loggains was just adhering to the schedule when he pulled Howard.

Seems like the typical cop-out Bears answer, but at least it sounds like the truth. Fox would have said something like "Howard re-aggravated an injury he had from his sophomore year of college. It might require amputation, but he is questionable for Sunday."

Reminds me of Dick Jauron's QB rotation with a rookie McNown. Regardless of how well either guy was playing he'd just yank them for sake of "the plan"

Washington

Liked Posts:
. He said that Howard was scheduled to play one series of downs, and then Langford was scheduled to re-enter the game. Loggains was just adhering to the schedule when he pulled Howard.

So much for playing the hot hand. Pure stupidity by the Chicago Bears. The guy just got 18 yards in 2 carries and looked good but we're pulling him because the arbitrary schedule said so. It's not like it's a fricking pitch count.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Can't mess with that schedule.

If you lose the game at least you followed some bullshit schedule no one cares about

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I'm so surprised we suck. We have a HOF OC in Loggains. A HOF QB in Jay Cutty #6. A HOF RT in Brendan Massey. A HOF center in Tony Butthair. And HOF RB's in Failford and Michael Jordan Howard.

It makes no sense?