Matt Forte or Jordan Howard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard has the potential to beat Forte's rushing stats, but Forte played for a long ass time. That's not an easy thing to do. Not sure if we're comparing just Bears careers or total career, but I have a feeling Howard will only play out his rookie deal for the Bears and he'll be gone.

I think his ability to improve as a receiver will be key to whether or not they pay him. If Nagy feels he isn't a good fit they might trade him. Hopefully it works out, I'd like to keep him around.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think his ability to improve as a receiver will be key to whether or not they pay him. If Nagy feels he isn't a good fit they might trade him. Hopefully it works out, I'd like to keep him around.

I'm not sure it really matters if he improves his receiving. I could see Pace drafting his replacement a year before he's gone and then letting him go in FA to the highest bidder.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think people forget how consistently good Forte was. On a bad team as the center of every defense's attention, he had the most yards from scrimmage in the NFL during the time of his career. He was the engine of the Bears' offense for eight years. I just wish there was more talent around him. If 2013-2014 (a team with talent elsewhere on the on the offense) was the norm, he'd be in Ladanian Tomlinson territory in terms of career production. Terrific player.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Forte is definitely a better all around RB. He was amazing for us. His only downfall was what Jordan Howard does well. Howard does all the rest of the things Forte excelled at poorly IMO.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Everyone who voted Howard should be banned.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Forte by a mile. Don't forget Forte was not only one of the best screen backs in the game but a great pass protector. He's the reason Cutty doesn't have a few more concussions as he was probably the best blocker on the team for years (including the oline).

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
mjuke1.gif

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Forte was such a good dude, great player, with zero ego. Jordan seems to be cut from the same mold, but totally different as a player. Jordan is more pedestrian. Forte could have been really special given a competent OC and scheme.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte was one of my all-time favorite players, and it’s tough to compare two years to what Forte brought to the organization.

But there is one area Howard easily outperforms him and that’s running at the goal line. Matt was awful in short yardage.

The rest of Howard’s career has yet to be written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte is one of my all time favorites. He was very well rounded at an elite level. Great guy on and off the field. That said, Howard is awesome in so many ways and we are lucky to have him follow Forte. Appears to have the same classy aspect to him as well.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's the better RB? Matt Forte is over ten years older but who will hace the better career.

If the forward pass is outlawed, Jordan Howard has a chance . . .

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NAGY is playing pitch and catch with Howard so you know he wants him to succeed..... AND Howard is saying the "right" things with respect to trying to excel and getting better at any perceived deficiencies.

This will be Howard's defining year