Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How would you feel if pace traded both 2nd round picks to the Jags for the #20(And the 4th rounder back) and drafted Jordan Love with the pick?

I threw this idea up a couple days ago as a joke, since pace LOVES to trade up and get rid of draft assets. Since I've seen about 3-4 people throwing the same idea out there(Trade into the 20's, pick love).

This would obviously mean we would trade Mitch on draft day. My guess is he's worth a 3rd/4th.

A nice lil breakdown of Jordan Love by JT O'Sullivan(He has a whole channel of in depth QB prospect scouting if any of you are interested. Might have sucked as a QB but he's fairly good at breaking shit down).

1st off, you'd be lucky to get a 5th back. 2nd, Pace would need to feel Love is a slam dunk. That said, we need a long term solution, I don't want to be drafting before 20 in the future an this is a deep QB draft where a top prospect could be there so maybe but while I like him, I don't see him as that slam dunk.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
How would you feel if pace traded both 2nd round picks to the Jags for the #20(And the 4th rounder back) and drafted Jordan Love with the pick?

I threw this idea up a couple days ago as a joke, since pace LOVES to trade up and get rid of draft assets. Since I've seen about 3-4 people throwing the same idea out there(Trade into the 20's, pick love).

This would obviously mean we would trade Mitch on draft day. My guess is he's worth a 3rd/4th.

A nice lil breakdown of Jordan Love by JT O'Sullivan(He has a whole channel of in depth QB prospect scouting if any of you are interested. Might have sucked as a QB but he's fairly good at breaking shit down).

If he identifies him or any other an qb prospect as a potential franchise guy than you have to

No matter how much fans and the media scream and whine.

There’s no price too high for finding the first franchise QB for this franchise since Sid Luckman

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Drastic Over Pay = Pulling a Pace

Remember when he gave 18 million for Glennon to be a smoke screen and start 4 games and rush Mitch onto the field?

Remeber when he gave up 4 picks to move up 1 spot and get the worst QB in the draft?

Hey now, hey now—Worst QB in the *first round*. He’s better than Kizer, Kayaa and the other dudes, not that the Bears have much to show for that.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Second to Jalen Hurts. Loves the big stage and has all of the confidence in the world. Great leader and athlete. Sitting for a year may help him with the processing skills he’ll need.

Jalen Hurts moved from one blue chip program to another, threw more, AND got better.

That’s the exact type of big-program college QB who succeeds in the NFL and makes teams say, “Damn, why didn’t we see that coming.”

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Jalen Hurts moved from one blue chip program to another, threw more, AND got better.

That’s the exact type of big-program college QB who succeeds in the NFL and makes teams say, “Damn, why didn’t we see that coming.”

Couldn’t agree more. I think he would do well in this offense. Kid is a winner. I just want Pace to take as many stabs at the QB position as humanly possible.

Liked Posts:

I would LOVE the pick! I want him in Bears uniform more than any player the Bears could realistically get to in this draft.

I do believe that this Bears roster is a good QB, not even great, just good QB away from running the table, & making Green Bay an over the hill after thought.

Some more young TE help would hurt either. But I really like the Bears current roster, ALOT. They just need that QB who can deceptively set up the RPO, & play consistently well over a high volume of short to mid range pass attempts.

Id be thrilled to get him.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Love Hurts are not the kind of QBs built for Chicago. We need a QB with paler skin. Yall didnt learn from the Trubs over Watson and Mahomes pick?

Jokes aside, everything Pace has done thus far is to win now so dont think Love Hurts is in the cards. Then again, Pace doesnt always do the logical thing so maybe he will surprise us.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

This was exactly my bold prediction, and it would not surprise me one bit to see Pace do this.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I honestly wouldn't touch this guy if he fell to our 2nd round pick. I don't care about if he has all the potential in the world, he couldn't even muster up some decent stats in mountain west conference. I think he is a smokescreen teams are putting out there to try and deceive people.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Love Hurts are not the kind of QBs built for Chicago. We need a QB with paler skin. Yall didnt learn from the Trubs over Watson and Mahomes pick?

Jokes aside, everything Pace has done thus far is to win now so dont think Love Hurts is in the cards. Then again, Pace doesnt always do the logical thing so maybe he will surprise us.

I have no proof of this, but I have a feeling Pace is safe absent a monumental collapse. Give Nagy a chance to have a say in drafting a QB.
Mitch and Foles are not the long term answer. If there’s a QB they like, Hurts or whomever else, is available, don’t be surprised that he picks him.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This is a hypothetical. Just like it's a hypothetical that he will get picked in the top 10. I don't see 4 QB's going in the top 10.
Many like Love over Herbert, Love can easily go top 10

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I'm hoping Pace somehow trades down with both 2nd round picks, and the Bears select Jalen Hurts, a starting WR, a starting OL (if not 2), and some quality depth/upside guys at ILB, OLB, and CB.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t get the hype for Jordan Love. Couldn’t dominate at a weaker conference, while Hurts shined at 2 powerhouse programs. Both have their flaws. But Hurts consistently won against the best competition in the country.

If you though Mitch was too raw coming out of college, then you should hate Love as a prospect.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I honestly don’t get the hype for Jordan Love. Couldn’t dominate at a weaker conference, while Hurts shined at 2 powerhouse programs. Both have their flaws. But Hurts consistently won against the best competition in the country.

If you though Mitch was too raw coming out of college, then you should hate Love as a prospect.

Good point. Thing is all the Qb's mentioned are coming out with more experience than Mitch

Jordan Love.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Do we define accuracy by completion % or INTS. ?

Jalen Hurts Stats.
View attachment 5017
Do you actually watch college football? He managed to get benched at Bama despite throwing to possibly the best WR core in college.

Also, Lincoln Riley is arguably the best offensive mind in college football. He schemes guys wide the fuck open. Hurts, left a lot of points on the field despite the big numbers he put up in that offense. Ask Oklahoma fans how they feel about Hurts as their QB. They'll tell you he hampered the offense and was overly reliant on his legs. In this case numbers don't tell the whole story.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Do you actually watch college football? He managed to get benched at Bama despite throwing to possibly the best WR core in college.

Also, Lincoln Riley is arguably the best offensive mind in college football. He schemes guys wide the fuck open. Hurts, left a lot of points on the field despite the big numbers he put up in that offense. Ask Oklahoma fans how they feel about Hurts as their QB. They'll tell you he hampered the offense and was overly reliant on his legs. In this case numbers don't tell the whole story.

Hurts may not be the answer, but Love isn’t in the same stratosphere as he in considering their performances and the teams they played. Again, if Love couldn’t dominate the low level of competition he faced, forget about being benched, he may not have even made the team at either AL or OK. He had 1 good season, the other 2 were atrocious. Again, against competition that would get blown out in the SEC.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

If u have an article or a source the says " he left points on the field" and that his HC said he "hampered the offense".... please share it. Note I said HC
----------

BTW.....any good OC or HC should, as u say "schemes guys wide the fuck open". Right?

Hell maybe we should bring Lincoln Riley here. I like coaches who......"schemes guys wide the fuck open".

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I like both Hurts and Love. Love's ceiling is in another stratosphere, but Hurts would be a great pick near the end of round 2 or 3. Love's biggest issue to me seems to be reading the field. However, he makes unreal plays with his arm on a routine basis.