Jordan Mills

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears need to get younger across the OL, I believe they will draft an OT and a G/C in this draft.

I think Pace's FA p/u's have put him in a position to do so as well. I think you may be right. If Pace truly wants to be a running team, we could use a couple of road graders, imo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
mills actually played adequately after coming back from injury last year. overall he's been pretty bad but i think he'll be allowed to compete for a spot at least this season. don't see the bears investing heavily in the position so unless they move long to tackle mills has a good chance of starting in my opinion.

i also wonder if moving to a more run based offense won't help him.

Living up to your name. Reasonable outlook. I would like to see Mills compete at RT for sure as well, and I think he is a great back-up. Its a shame if his buddy has to steal his spot in a way, and I wouldn't mind seeing a rd 1-3 pick go into RG or RT to make his winning a spot difficult. May the best man win, I would like to see him reach his potential in year 3, whatever that is.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think everyone forgets that Jordan mills showed plenty of potential and talent his rookie year then didn't have an offseason to train before last year, when the entire line except Long played poorly. He could very well be a quality starter and there would be no reason for any of the move Long to tackle talk in the first place.

The 2013 O Line was way better than the abysmal O lines of previous seasons, leading many to believe it was a good NFL O line, and that Mills was a good OT. Not so. Mills rated very poorly - near the bottom of the league. We liked him because he wasn't/isn't J'Marcus Webb. But he isn't good.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
We can all agree Mills did not play well enough last yr to be handed the starting job without some competition in camp....

OTOH, I don't think you can just snap demote Mills without a much better option given his youth and at least some semblance of an upside...

I think you bring in some vet/s. maybe a draft pick and have a competition for the RT spot. Center concerns me as much if not more tbh as Garza got absolutely annihilated in the run game.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We can all agree Mills did not play well enough last yr to be handed the starting job without some competition in camp....

OTOH, I don't think you can just snap demote Mills without a much better option given his youth and at least some semblance of an upside...

I think you bring in some vet/s. maybe a draft pick and have a competition for the RT spot. Center concerns me as much if not more tbh as Garza got absolutely annihilated in the run game.

I agree. I really think 2 of the Bears first 4 or 5 picks will be OL (OT, C) in a couple of weeks. After seeing all the attention Pace has given to LB position, I think they are setting themselves up to take players they feel are at the top of their draft board in each round and not zeroing in on position needs.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, Jordan Mills fucking sucks.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do decide to draft an offensive lineman, there's a chance that a bunch top ranked offensive linemen will be available.

Andrus Peat
Cameron Erving
AJ Cann
Ereck Flowers
Hroniss Grasu
TJ Clemmings
Laken Tomlinson
Jake Fisher
DJ Humphries

I think 3 offensive linemen go in the first round. Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins and one out of Andrus Peat/Ereck Flowers/Cameron Erving.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I've seen enough of Jordan Mills......we need a serious upgrade at RT.....If one wants to entertain a FA RT.......go Barksdale....

Draft best available talent for o-line.....I'd love a "Road Grader" RT.....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't know if his foot will ever fully heal, or heal enough to get him serviceable again. Time will tell, but with this new coaching staff and GM, if he can't make it, he will be gone.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I just don't know if his foot will ever fully heal, or heal enough to get him serviceable again. Time will tell, but with this new coaching staff and GM, if he can't make it, he will be gone.

Oh, yeah, no one is talking about a multi yr plan for his development. You hopefully bring in a draft pick like the kid from PSU or some massive mauler like that, let them compete and see what happens.

I agree we could easily see both a C and RT drafted this yr. I think the additions on D also point to this being a strong possibility....of course a lot depends on how the other teams draft as well.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
from PFF:

2014 Season rankings of O-Lines....

15. Chicago Bears (19th)

Pass Blocking Ranking: 17th, Run Blocking Ranking: 12th, Penalties Ranking: 23rd

Stud: A steadier second season from Kyle Long (+12.1) who has begun to look the part in pass protection. His rookie year would suggest he’s got more in his locker in the run game, though.

Dud: A massive improvement from Jordan Mills (-15.7), but he still gives up too much pressure at this stage of his career. If he can have the leap forward from Year 2 to 3 that he had from last year, that should correct things.

Breakdown: If nothing else, Phil Emery left the legacy of a much better line than the one he inherited. While Jay Cutler remains the lightning rod for criticism, the line was often shaky in pass protection. Injuries didn’t help, but it’s rare you’ll avoid them completely.

Any questions?!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think everyone forgets that Jordan mills showed plenty of potential and talent his rookie year then didn't have an offseason to train before last year, when the entire line except Long played poorly. He could very well be a quality starter and there would be no reason for any of the move Long to tackle talk in the first place.

Dude beat out Jwebb! wow!!!!! HAd a couple of nice early season games then it has gone down hill since.