Jordan's Shadow

Dismagic1

This is such an incredible myth. The Bulls have been TERRIBLE, HORID, for a long time now. Jordan's shadow has long disappeared! If Lebron comes to Chicago and wins let's say 2 or 3 titles, the man will be LOVED! Just like Jordan was loved.

Lebron's marketing team knows it, and more importantly, Lebron knows it. If he comes to Chicago, he will officially be the Next Jordan! His endorsements will be huge! He will own this city like Jordan owned it.

Lebron to Chicago, book it.

Da Bulls' Eye

Liked Posts:
Right on, brotha.

Pretty much verbatim what I said in my latest article.

Send LeBron to Chicago

The "Jordan's Shadow" nonsense is exactly that, nonsense. After 12 years...Bulls fans, fans who were so used to having an elite team for a decade, have been deprived now for over a decade to the point where if he wins a title here, he will acquire Jordan status. He will own this town. He must know that. If he doesn't, then I hope someone tells him immediately.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It is a big shadow to overcome but if anybody can do it, it's LeBron.

Dismagic1

My main thing is that in 15 years, are we going to have the same problem with someone trying to deal with Lebron's shadow? Is this a never ending thing?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jordan's shadow is far from dead. If Lebron comes to Chicago all his accomplishments and failures will be held up and compared to MJ's.

Kobe deals with Jordan's shadow in LA...let alone what Bron would have to deal with here.

Adog06

Liked Posts:
I dont think people should put much stock in the whole shadow thing. Kobe did it in LA with the whole Magic, Kareem, Jerry west shadow. Garnett and the Celtics are doing the same thing in the house that Bird built. Its something for sportswriters to latch onto so they can sell newspapers and articles. Lebron would be Lebron in Chicago, not the next Jordan.

Dismagic1

Jordan's shadow is far from dead. If Lebron comes to Chicago all his accomplishments and failures will be held up and compared to MJ's.

Kobe deals with Jordan's shadow in LA...let alone what Bron would have to deal with here.

What the fuck is your problem bro? Why do you have to come to every thread and post negative shit?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
LeBron wants to be better then MJ. He has no problem with the pressure.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is your problem bro? Why do you have to come to every thread and post negative shit?

LOL. How the hell is that negative? Seriously?

I never said Jordan's shadow being around was a bad thing. I just stated it's obviously still around and stated what is obvious in that if James comes here all his success and failures will be held up against Jordan's. Do you have any reason to think this wouldn't/won't happen?

If anything Jordan's shadow could be a positive. It might motivate Lebron to quit with the clowning around, posing, etc that he does and motivate him to focus on being more of an assaisin like Jordan developed in to....

Last edited:

Dismagic1

LOL. How the hell is that negative? Seriously?

I never said Jordan's shadow being around was a bad thing. I just stated it's obviously still around and stated what is obvious in that if James comes here all his success and failures will be held up against Jordan's. Do you have any reason to think this wouldn't/won't happen?

His accomplishments will be measured against Jordan no matter where he goes. Not because there is a shadow but because Jordan was the greatest and people have made Lebron out to be the next Jordan. The comparisons have already started and Lebron is not even close since he hasn't won anything.

There is no shadow for players who go to Chicago, none at all. It's a myth fabricated by people who hated Jerry Krause so they could use it against him for Free Agent Signings.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His accomplishments will be measured against Jordan no matter where he goes. Not because there is a shadow but because Jordan was the greatest and people have made Lebron out to be the next Jordan.

Which is the shadow of Jordan....not to mention he'd be playing in the same city/building.

So how doesn't Jordan's shadow still exist?

What the hell do you consider the definition of "shadow"?

I find it hilarious you describe what the shadow of Jordan is and how it directly applies to James........then say it doesn't exist and is a myth.

Quit being a 'tard.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
are boston's big 3 in the shadow of the other big 3s that won combined over 10 titles?

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I dont think everyone will compare him to Jordan. I think it would be a construct of the national media mostly...and then you might see local media act like they have to do it too because the national media is doing it.

As far as the fans are concerned though, I dont think anyone expects him to be Jordan. I think to a lot of people this will allow Lebron be Lebron. If there are Jordan comparisons here, then theyre anywhere he would play. People need to get off the small minded stuff theyve been spoonfed by the media and just get behind the idea that its OK to have mulitple great players in our franchise history. I dont see New Yorkers and New York media eating their own over whether Ruth was better than DiMaggio.

And who is to say that he sees it as competing with Jordan? He grew up watching him and idolizing him like a lot of us. Perhaps he has the same reverance for Jordan that we do? In a weird way, LeBron is kind of one of us.

Id kind of like to have a Hall of Heroes that includes Jordan, James, Rose, and Pippen when its all said and done. That would make a nice Mt Rushmore. Just think about it. We could have possibly the best 2 and 3 in the history of basketball. What other franchise can match that? I guess thats too much for some people because they buy into everything theyve been spoonfed by the media.

Thankfully though, Ive started seeing more and more articles questioning the idea that Jordans shadow is too intimidating. Who wouldnt want to play for their favorite team growing up? Its possible that James is no different from the rest of us, aside from the fact that he's awesome at basketball and we're not.

BTW, has anyone had enough foresight to see a possible narrative ahead? It goes like this: Kobe might win a 5th ring this year, which would mean he's working on #6 next year. We all know the Kobe-MJ comparisons are bogus but that doesnt mean the Laker fans and all the media cowtowing to the Laker fans wont indulge in nonsensical comparisons. Wouldnt it be perfect if a kid who grew up idolizing Jordan (James) and a Chicago kid (Rose) were to be the team that denied Kobe his 6th ring...and in the process added to the Bulls lore which Jordan started. I think if LeBron were to deny Kobe his 6th ring as a member of the Bulls, our hearts would grow enough to include LeBron really fast.

Last edited:

Dismagic1

I dont think everyone will compare him to Jordan. I think it would be a construct of the national media mostly...and then you might see local media act like they have to do it too because the national media is doing it.

As far as the fans are concerned though, I dont think anyone expects him to be Jordan. I think to a lot of people this will allow Lebron be Lebron. If there are Jordan comparisons here, then theyre anywhere he would play. People need to get off the small minded stuff theyve been spoonfed by the media and just get behind the idea that its OK to have mulitple great players in our franchise history.

And who is to say that he sees it as competing with Jordan? He grew up watching him and idolizing him like a lot of us. Perhaps he has the same reverance for Jordan that we do?

Id kind of like to have a Hall of Heroes that includes Jordan, James, Rose, and Pippen when its all said and done. That would make a nice Mt Rushmore. Just think about it. We could have possibly the best 2 and 3 in the history of basketball. What other franchise can match that? I guess thats too much for some people because they buy into everything theyve been spoonfed by the media.

Thankfully though, Ive started seeing more and more articles questioning the idea that Jordans shadow is too intimidating. Who wouldnt want to play for their favorite team growing up? Its possible that James is no different from the rest of us, aside from the fact that he's awesome at basketball and we're not.

BTW, has anyone had enough foresight to see a possible narrative ahead? It goes like this: Kobe might win a 5th ring this year, which would mean he's working on #6 next year. We all know the Kobe-MJ comparisons are bogus but that doesnt mean the Laker fans and all the media cowtowing to the Laker fans wont indulge in nonsensical comparisons. Wouldnt it be perfect if a kid who grew up idolizing Jordan (James) and a Chicago kid (Rose) were to be the team that denied them...and in the process added to the Bulls lore which Jordan started. I think if LeBron were to deny Kobe his 6th ring as a member of the Bulls, our hearts would grow enough to include LeBron really fast.

Definitely but the way the Celtics are playing right now.. wow. It's going to be tough to knock them off.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
are boston's big 3 in the shadow of the other big 3s that won combined over 10 titles?

Yes....considering one of the first guys Garnett hugged after winning was Bill Russell....

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Point.

Your head.

You have no point...the entire reason this city is hungry for the return of championship basketball to this city, the entire reason this city knows it can handle, support, and feature a superstar is because of Jordan. Jordan's shadow lingers over this franchise because he's the only thing the franchise has really had over it's history to really cling on too and be proud of on a larger level than having the more localized icons of guys like Kerr and Van Lier.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said in the other thread,

Kobe doesn't live in West and Magic's shadow. Why? - because LA is a huge basketball city with a tradition of winning.

Shaq didn't live under Wilt and Kareem's shadow either. Do you think Laker fans were constantly busy remembering the 60's & 80's when Shaq was winning Finals MVPs? Why? - same reason.

Niether did Bird live under Russell and Cousy's shadow. Why? - again.. same reason.

LeBron wouldn't live under Jordan's shadow. All he would do is add to the tradition of winning to Chicago, and give the team a higher legendary status. Chicago already has the best basketball fans and backbone in the World... why would LeBron not come here, if he is actually destined to leave Cleveland? It wouldn't make sense.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LeBron wouldn't live under Jordan's shadow. All he would do is add to the tradition of winning to Chicago, and give the team a higher legendary status. Chicago already has the best basketball fans and backbone in the World... why would LeBron not come here, if he is actually destined to leave Cleveland? It wouldn't make sense.

LOL at this. What winning "tradition" is that? What did the Bulls ever win before Jordan and what have they won since? The Bulls under Jordan had essentially a 10 year run of very good basketball. You're going to throw the word "tradition" around for that? Especially when you use it in the same post as the Lakers and Celtics who have been great/had great teams in numerous decades?

Dismagic1

LOL at this. What winning "tradition" is that? What did the Bulls ever win before Jordan and what have they won since? The Bulls under Jordan had essentially a 10 year run of very good basketball. You're going to throw the word "tradition" around for that? Especially when you use it in the same post as the Lakers and Celtics who have been great/had great teams in numerous decades?

Have you noticed something First Timer? Everyone disagrees with you about everything. :flipa: