Josh is our Quarterback...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder why Stephen A Smith isn't outraged that Glennon is already being replaced. I mean if Cam Newton, RG3 or even Josh Freeman got replaced after their rookie years... he would be furious.

:isee:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't rule out glennon as a starter. lovie said he wanted a competition in camp

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Anyone think Lovie would be open to a trade for Glennon for a 4th? He'd be a very good QB to groom and probably better than anyone who would be drafted this season. Instead of drafting a QB later, we could trade for one who has a year under his belt? Lovie seems to be completely done with him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't rule out glennon as a starter. lovie said he wanted a competition in camp

I never believe in Lovie camp competitions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovie still hasnt learned. Good idea naming your starting QB before ever seeing either of them in practice or allowing any kind of competition in camp.

Cool story if that is what Lovie was actually saying. Perhaps we should read the full quote. I mean fuck guys, all he said is that Josh will start out as the starter because someone has to but that there will be competition like at every position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-b...mccown-starts-with-edge?ex_cid=espnapi_public

"Every position there's competition," Smith said. "We have starting rotations. [All-Pro defensive tackle] Gerald McCoy is at the top of the depth chart with our starting rotation and then you have to have a certain level of play for guys to stay that way. That's the way it's always been with me. There has to be a starting spot, a starting point, a starting person to go out there first and that would be Josh."

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool story if that is what Lovie actually saying. Perhaps we should read the full quote. I mean fuck guys, all he said is that Josh will start out as the starter because someone has to but that there will be competition like at every position.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-b...mccown-starts-with-edge?ex_cid=espnapi_public

"Every position there's competition," Smith said. "We have starting rotations. [All-Pro defensive tackle] Gerald McCoy is at the top of the depth chart with our starting rotation and then you have to have a certain level of play for guys to stay that way. That's the way it's always been with me. There has to be a starting spot, a starting point, a starting person to go out there first and that would be Josh."

Wrong. Whoever starts out as the starter during lovie's competitions automatically wins the job. Adam Architects, J'Marcus Webb, Rex Grossman, Devin Hester and whoever that guy was who started over Alex Brown because of his rookie year. They all "won"

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's also possible that there are people who like McCown and also believe/know Cutler is the answer.

Yes. I was trying to get the troll to think. Much like you are doing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wrong. Whoever starts out as the starter during lovie's competitions automatically wins the job. Adam Architects, J'Marcus Webb, Rex Grossman, Devin Hester and whoever that guy was who started over Alex Brown because of his rookie year. They all "won"

Yes just like Rex the anointed QB that was starter going into camp and preseason on 08.. Wound up starter... Or actually lost to Orton.

Or how several safeties like Alafa, Manning, and Chris Harris beat previous starters to earn starting jobs.

And Hester didn't really get started as a top of depth guy. Mark Bradley was the #1 WR on the depth chart going into camp. He showed no effort but Lloyd and Hester wound up the top 2 at predations end.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Venia

I agree, I'm sure someone in the league has already inquired about Glennon.

Edit: it just occurred to me why Lovie doesn't care for Glennon, he can't say his name "ahh Glen Ann"

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Just imagine if the Bucs draft Mike Evans out of Texas A&M to pair with Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson. Whoa suddenly the Bucs are putting together an offense to go with a defense they have that's already damn good and will be even better with their secondary and some DE named Michael Johnson. Toss in Gerald McCoy, and Lavonte David and what they're doing in Tampa is better than what the Bears are doing here in Chicago.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
OMG then imagine they somehow get J'Marcus Webb!!!

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Tampa Bay got the QB that performed the best on the Bears last year for 1/5th of the price, and will now draft a QB. Exactly what the Bears should have done. Had the Bears made this decision, we would have an additional 18 million to throw around in free agency, that is a huge wow. Message board experts wrong again, McCown will not want to leave, McCown does not want to start, nobody will want him as their starter. You can't make this shit up.

McCown sucks you dumb son of a bitch. Posting the same whiny bullshit in every thread. Go be a Bucs fan and watch McGowan suck so you can come running back.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to hate Lovie now

seriously, fuck him

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
Just imagine if the Bucs draft Mike Evans out of Texas A&M to pair with Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson. Whoa suddenly the Bucs are putting together an offense to go with a defense they have that's already damn good and will be even better with their secondary and some DE named Michael Johnson. Toss in Gerald McCoy, and Lavonte David and what they're doing in Tampa is better than what the Bears are doing here in Chicago.

SHHHH, don't tell the message board "experts" (Cutler fanboys) this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The above has nothing to do with what I was responding to. The poster was claiming that Lovie wasn't going to allow any competition in practice based on his comments about Josh being the starter. So I posted what Lovie actually said was directly contradicts that.

Lovie said there will be competition. Whether you believe him or not doesn't concern me as let's be real his haters will hate no matter what the reality actually is.