Josh McC(l)own voted MVP

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, New York Jets MVP', as voted on by his teammates . . .

McCown also received the Jets "Good Guy" award.

What a career this guy has carved out for himself after coming out of a forced retirement in 2012 to serve as backup for the Bears. Is there a teammate more respected or revered in the league as McCown? The shoopster thinks not. How ironic that this guy was forced out of town in order to ease the mind of one of the worst teammates of the Millenium (Jay Cutler), whom McCown famously outplayed in 2013.

Congratulations, Joshster . . .

http://http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Josh-McCown-Named-Curtis-Martin-Team-MVP-/8b942abd-819f-44c1-b5fb-87a09b21d9c5

Following a career year, quarterback Josh McCown was named the Curtis Martin Jets Team MVP as voted by his teammates.

"To have that voted on by your teammates is special and it means a lot because those guys mean a lot to me," McCown said. "To be a part of this group has been very rewarding and it’s just fun to watch a group of men come together and work hard throughout the spring to try and accomplish the goal. At the end of that, to have them vote you MVP is special and it’s a reflection of everybody around me, too. I’m thankful for that."

In his 15th season and first with the Green & White, McCown set season career-highs with 2,926 yards and 18 touchdowns while completing 67.3% of his passes, which ranked third in the NFL at the time he broke his hand in Week 13. The 38-year-old also rushed for a personal-best five touchdowns, which tied for first among quarterbacks when he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 12.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy never played for the Bears. You must be thinking of Josh McGowan or Josh McNown.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He really helped Cutler become the QB he is.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet again the shoopster creates a thread for the sole purpose of showing off his unparalleled wordsmanship. And here I thought Mucus Wheaton couldn’t be topped. But Josh MccLown? You’re the real MVP, shoopster...

N2nLeVQ.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yet again the shoopster creates a thread for the sole purpose of showing off his unparalleled wordsmanship. And here I thought Mucus Wheaton couldn’t be topped. But Josh MccLown? You’re the real MVP, shoopster...

N2nLeVQ.jpg

We'd been calling him McClown for a long time. Shoopiter phoned this one in.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Crazy he went from coaching HS FB to where he is currently. Was cool to see him have a somewhat successful season for his expectation level of play. Good for him. Hope he cashed in his retirement over the past few years and rides off into the sunset.