In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330169/article/josh-mccown-i-have-to-be-willing-to-leave-bears
"It's hard to want to be anywhere else," he said of the Bears. "But the balance of that, too, is our reality. This is probably going to be the last time I stand in free agency with this kind of leverage. So there's an understanding of an opportunity here to gain some more resources both to take care of our family and to do more good with."
So much for Josh not wanting to leave Trestman. Who was it that was saying money isn't everything and Josh would never go to the Jets...
:rolleyes:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The article I read yesterday made it seem like Josh was more interested in keeping his family planted in one place so his kids can have some stability. Regardless if anyone throws a substantial amount of money his way he will take it.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely said he would be willing to take less to stay here... and I still believe it's true... but he'd be stupid not to explore his options and if someone is willing to offer him a few million more elsewhere... he should take care of his family first.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
see ya later bye

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
McCown is long gone this isn't even a discussion worth having. The Bears don't have the financial resources to pay McCown nor should they invest more money in the QB position than they already have. Cutler is it for this franchise for better or worse in injury and in health. The Bears determined that the ENTIRE future of the franchise rides on the right arm of number 6. Now all other money left over has to be spent on supporting him. When Cutler gets hurt again the season is fucking over because the Bears will have to keep pace with Green Bay and they have a one to two game margin of error to win the division. You can stop the bull shit about all 16 games, the division title comes down to one or two losses and beating the Packers.

The Bears are all in on Cutler and can merely afford a vet minimum backup option like Jordan Palmer.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...sh-mccown-i-have-to-be-willing-to-leave-bears

So much for Josh not wanting to leave Trestman. Who was it that was saying money isn't everything and Josh would never go to the Jets...
:rolleyes:

What's he suppose to say as a free agent, I'm not willing to leave Chicago? This does not say that he doesn't want to return to the Bears, it does not say that money is everything, he does not say he would be willing to play for the Jets. It does say that you read way too much into comments.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
McCown is long gone this isn't even a discussion worth having. The Bears don't have the financial resources to pay McCown nor should they invest more money in the QB position than they already have. Cutler is it for this franchise for better or worse in injury and in health. The Bears determined that the ENTIRE future of the franchise rides on the right arm of number 6. Now all other money left over has to be spent on supporting him. When Cutler gets hurt again the season is fucking over because the Bears will have to keep pace with Green Bay and they have a one to two game margin of error to win the division. You can stop the bull shit about all 16 games, the division title comes down to one or two losses and beating the Packers.

The Bears are all in on Cutler and can merely afford a vet minimum backup option like Jordan Palmer.

I'm willing to wager that big game Josh re-signs with the Bears.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCown is long gone this isn't even a discussion worth having. The Bears don't have the financial resources to pay McCown nor should they invest more money in the QB position than they already have. Cutler is it for this franchise for better or worse in injury and in health. The Bears determined that the ENTIRE future of the franchise rides on the right arm of number 6. Now all other money left over has to be spent on supporting him. When Cutler gets hurt again the season is fucking over because the Bears will have to keep pace with Green Bay and they have a one to two game margin of error to win the division. You can stop the bull shit about all 16 games, the division. Title comes down to one or two losses and beating the Packers.

my questions this why wouldn't they be cutlers is good we can win a championship with him at the helm. the defense manages to produce a pass rush this year. and it will be proven. cutlers been a godsend best qb we have had in my lifetime my only hope now is now that the front office has actually seen an nfl quality qb they can figure out how to find an even better one

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCown just left Chicago and is headed for New Orl..........New York.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry guys when Cutler gets injured I'm confident I can step in and QB just as well in his place. I can throw a football about as well as McCown and would have infinite time to learn the job. Thankfully I have a long history of learning other various things so it should be easy. I also have amazing public speaking skills so my post game press conferences would be elite.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't worry guys when Cutler gets injured I'm confident I can step in and QB just as well in his place. I can throw a football about as well as McCown and would have infinite time to learn the job. Thankfully I have a long history of learning other various things so it should be easy. I also have amazing public speaking skills so my post game press conferences would be elite.

what about your body language? I hear that's very important

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

plus look at all the people you'll have around you.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Well said. The only thing I would disagree with is about being fucked if we should lose Cutler due to injury. Remember Josh was that minimum backup option last year, and Trestman's history is that he can get the most out of this type of QB. In my opinion Jordan Palmer would just be the next average QB to do well with the quarterback whisperer.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya know cutler could actually play all year. u guys act like he gets hurt when a strong breeze hits him yea its been rough the last season or 2 but all in all cutlers been pretty dam tough and durable

RisWell

Liked Posts:
McCown won me over..I wish him the best.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk